This is the way it should be.

mebearman

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Kinda against the rules of posts with political viewpoints, but as long as things can remain civil, I guess it can stay for now.

-John

If this was in fact written by a 21 year old female< congratulations to her parents, I would like to recommend our first women for Pres.

mezz

I can't say that I disagree with that, especially to the generations of habitual offenders, however, there are some families that do need the service to see them through a tough spot in their lives, not for the long term.-Mezz

98panther

Was in London last week, on the news they were proposing some of that as a new law there.

After X days on welfare, you were required to show up to work for the Government. Picking up trash or whatever job they had for Ya.
Don't show up to work, 1st time no check for 3 weeks, 2nd time 3 months. Didn't hear what 3rd meant probably off completely.

They said this was based on a USA Program, LOL right.

Just spoke to a friend of mine from Germany. He says unemployment is near 0%, so much demand for employees that they can request additional benefits, like up to 3 months paid vacation.

Something has to change here in Amerika.

HH

TODD @ HPS

A agree with Mezz people do need help some times. The work program would still be help so spot on. Get back on track America we want to be proud again.

Grant Hoar

Sounds like a remake of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) program from the late 1920's and the early 1930's. I will bet most people have absolutely no idea what kind of projects got built with this "make work" program. They built major hiking trails, recreational facilities, sanitary sewer and watermain systems that are still in use today, the list goes on and on. Huge long-term benefits to society.

Will it happen now, no, not with the current environment (we have too many lawyers now), but it sure is nice to dream. Can you imagine how cleaned up our cities and highways could be?

frosty

The only problem with any work plans, is that the ones who abuse the system will get "hurt" on the government program and then were totally on the hook for them the rest of their pathetic lives.

catalac

The only problem with any work plans, is that the ones who abuse the system will get "hurt" on the government program and then were totally on the hook for them the rest of their pathetic lives.

Was thinking the same thing.

garyl62

Hmmm. Kinda against the rules of posts with political viewpoints, but as long as things can remain civil, I guess it can stay for now.

-John

Thought that same thing while I was reading it. Thanks for letting it roll for now. So far so good, while I know there are times when people need help, I've been on the unemployment receiving end before, this is really saying "we'll help you when you need it, while you need it, but don't make a career out of it" and I'd guess most would be ok with that.

Hope it stays civil as it would be nice to see how long it could run.

Sounds like a remake of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) program from the late 1920's and the early 1930's. I will bet most people have absolutely no idea what kind of projects got built with this "make work" program. They built major hiking trails, recreational facilities, sanitary sewer and watermain systems that are still in use today, the list goes on and on. Huge long-term benefits to society.

Will it happen now, no, not with the current environment (we have too many lawyers now), but it sure is nice to dream. Can you imagine how cleaned up our cities and highways could be?

Don't know if this will push this post over the edge, the comment about lawyers is on the right track.
And I'm sure we have them in our midst, but this is the issue in health care that needed the attention in my opinion,ton much litigation.
we cannot be compelled to sue for ever minute mistake, or every stupid thing WE do.

To many rules and regulations and laws driving up prices and breathing down the necks of good honest hard working people!!!

durphee

Good read! I always thought the food stamp program should be run like the WIC program, you get the basic nutrition for general good health. I don't mind my tax dollars going to those who are down and in need for temporary relief. But, make the program short term and efficient, not making it a lifestyle.
The last point about needing a job to vote or not voting while on a subsidy, thats a stretch.