This is the way it should be.

xcr440

Sounds like a remake of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) program from the late 1920's and the early 1930's. I will bet most people have absolutely no idea what kind of projects got built with this "make work" program. They built major hiking trails, recreational facilities, sanitary sewer and watermain systems that are still in use today, the list goes on and on. Huge long-term benefits to society.

CCC Camps were all over northern WI. Major hiking trails included fire roads as well. You can still find the camp locations, they have "historical" signs marking them.

Workers welcomed the jobs. Far cry from what people do today with the opportunity of doing something besides collecting from the gov.

whitedust

Just spoke to a friend of mine from Germany. He says unemployment is near 0%, so much demand for employees that they can request additional benefits, like up to 3 months paid vacation.

Something has to change here in Amerika.

HH

As I recall from history the Germans are very good at starting wars not so good at winning them & last time they had nothing left but a smoking hole in the ground that the west rebuilt for them. Just saying consider the enire picture not just the snapshot of today although Germay does own most of Europe now via the backstop for the Euro.lol :)

MZEMS2

I like it! It's just too bad that we're so far into the "generation of entitlement". Way too many floks gettin somethin for nothin. Much like congress these days!!!! LOL......

Woodtic

I'm not going to post what I really want to say,don't want the mods to delete every thing. Why does a wide load,pushing one cart and pulling another ,get to buy all this instant stuff with free money? I'm in that same line buying food you have to make,with hard earned cash. We make a lot of or meals from scratch,not only healthy ,but cheaper. It frosts my ars seeing this. I'm at work all day,then come home from work ,and cook? Why do the poor in this country end up so obeast?

MZEMS2

I truly believe that until this country does away with political parties...we're screwed. Way too much corruption in office these days. If our politicians were in office "for THE people" instead of "for A FEW people" we'd be much better off. Heck, I'm 45 yrs old and I still don't think I'm a Dem or Rep.......lol....Does "common sense" have a political party? Or is that the biggest Oxymoron known to man?

snoluver1

I truly believe that until this country does away with political parties...we're screwed. Way too much corruption in office these days. If our politicians were in office "for THE people" instead of "for A FEW people" we'd be much better off. Heck, I'm 45 yrs old and I still don't think I'm a Dem or Rep.......lol....Does "common sense" have a political party? Or is that the biggest Oxymoron known to man?

"The common sense party"! I like it!!! :D

Somebody oughta run with that!

garyl62

Wow, almost 72 hours, over 800 views, 29 posts and this is still up and running! Sounds like the path is getting close to the edge of the cliff though, wonder if it will double back or go over in blaze of glory?

Well, here goes!

Not a Democrat

Not a Republican

I'm an American

And I want My Country BACK!!

I know, it's a party's slogan, and yes I am a member, and yes they are unliked by the media, good thing in my opinion!

booondocker

First of all, you can't do a CCC camp anymore because if we did, some group would say that their rights are infringed because the Government work group gets to play by sub pay rules and therefore those who do whatever it is that the CCC made, cleared or provided for, would claim it to be unfair competition. No kidding this is why these things ended. Prisoners can't produce license plates because they infringe upon some other companies rights.

At the heart of this problem is that people don't think before they vote. They listen to rhetoric vote personality or listen to negative campaign crap and get swayed by those things that they should surely not be.

We could end this issue of no-brainer voting by asking every single voter to answer one question before they are allowed to vote:

A) what are the 3 branches of government?

If you can't answer that question...you can't vote. (oh, and the question will be printed in English and the answer needs to be written in English too, because it IS the official American language. No cheat sheets carried into the registration either.)

Finally, we need to rely less on our "elected" bodies who have become less than statesmen, and more individuals on a mission to get re-elected and filling campaign coffers. We nullify that issue where possible by by-passing them completely and putting forward referendums straight to the eligible voters.

Now if we did this, do you think we would be spending more money than we take in so that our grand-kids will be stuck holding the bag?

Do you think politicians would be exempt from social security with their own pensions? Do you think that with all the technology we have, we can't keep secure a boarder completely?

Do you really think we would reward those who smuggle dope in this country and get off on some obscure fact like they are not U.S. citizens and therefore only get a one way ticket back home for a nice vacation?

We are like lemmings we allow ourselves to be hoodwinked into believing "this election will be different" and politicians who retire can leave with millions of campaign contributions because that is the law and they can.

We have long ago forgotten about how those founding fathers took bold steps to create this country and some laid down their very lives so that we can exercise our rights to vote to enjoy life and to pursue happiness. In short we stand by, complain, as we P___s it all away.

And that my friends is the biggest crime of them all.

dawolf

First of all, you can't do a CCC camp anymore because if we did, some group would say that their rights are infringed because the Government work group gets to play by sub pay rules and therefore those who do whatever it is that the CCC made, cleared or provided for, would claim it to be unfair competition. No kidding this is why these things ended. Prisoners can't produce license plates because they infringe upon some other companies rights.

At the heart of this problem is that people don't think before they vote. They listen to rhetoric vote personality or listen to negative campaign crap and get swayed by those things that they should surely not be.

We could end this issue of no-brainer voting by asking every single voter to answer one question before they are allowed to vote:

A) what are the 3 branches of government?

If you can't answer that question...you can't vote. (oh, and the question will be printed in English and the answer needs to be written in English too, because it IS the official American language. No cheat sheets carried into the registration either.)

Finally, we need to rely less on our "elected" bodies who have become less than statesmen, and more individuals on a mission to get re-elected and filling campaign coffers. We nullify that issue where possible by by-passing them completely and putting forward referendums straight to the eligible voters.

Now if we did this, do you think we would be spending more money than we take in so that our grand-kids will be stuck holding the bag?

Do you think politicians would be exempt from social security with their own pensions? Do you think that with all the technology we have, we can't keep secure a boarder completely?

Do you really think we would reward those who smuggle dope in this country and get off on some obscure fact like they are not U.S. citizens and therefore only get a one way ticket back home for a nice vacation?

We are like lemmings we allow ourselves to be hoodwinked into believing "this election will be different" and politicians who retire can leave with millions of campaign contributions because that is the law and they can.

We have long ago forgotten about how those founding fathers took bold steps to create this country and some laid down their very lives so that we can exercise our rights to vote to enjoy life and to pursue happiness. In short we stand by, complain, as we P___s it all away.

And that my friends is the biggest crime of them all.

Term limits would square away many political problems IMO.

nitroman

Term limits for sure! Public office was not meant to be a career. No more cushy health care and retirement they abide by that they impose on us. Work for us not themselves or their "party"

russholio

We already have term limits -- it's called "vote them out of office if we don't like the job they're doing". Sadly, few voters exercise this.

dawolf

We already have term limits -- it's called "vote them out of office if we don't like the job they're doing". Sadly, few voters exercise this.

Who is then replaced by another wanna be career politician. Maybe getting rid of PACs and enforcing campaign spend limits would help?

Oh well. I just fired up my old Viper today and I've got the itch really bad. Snow and the smell of burnt Klotz is the cure for what ails me.