Thougts on how this winter is shaping up so far........

Sledhead!

I'm sure most of you recall the winter (2) years ago when we had a delay in temp drop and then got hammered with a bunch of snow. The rivers, streams, lakes and marshes had not froze yet and then were blanketed with lots of snow.
I recall riding from Ironwood to Gogebic and it took over 2 hours because we kept having to navigate around/over these huge open water spots. That was no fun. I recall a few shots of guys literally losing their sleds in 3-4 ft deep water bogs!

Anyway, what's my point? I guess I am wondering if we're going to have a repeat this year? It was near 70 here today in Chicago. I went for a nice rip on the bike today, don't get to do that much this time of year. Looks our first snows are going to hit tonight and tomorrow, but without frozen ground underneath, wonder how this early season is going to shape up?

Hopefully the cold will stay and start freezing things before we start getting dumped on!

jebjk1

Not picking on you, but you are doing it wrong...
"Post your snowfall and snow cover reports here. PLEASE PUT ALL REPORTS IN THE CURRENT DAY'S THREAD AND DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR YOUR REPORT! REPORTS ONLY PLEASE, questions can be put in the Area Conditions and Info Topic."

snobuilder

So many wannabe cybercops on this site....lighten up Francis....lOl

Looks like a sweet cold snap shows up tonight with some chilly days ahead along with teens and twenties at night.
I think the ground will be firmed up nicely a week from now

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all the rain the u.p. has had this summer and fall, it's going to be a muddy sloppy mess until freezes, and the snow is coming.

whitedust

Looks like a sweet cold snap shows up tonight with some chilly days ahead along with teens and twenties at night.
I think the ground will be firmed up nicely a week from now

Yeah good start in WI Northwoods this week and week before TG....we are ok looking at JD forecast after a delightful Fall. Lake ice behind but I can deal with that if I have to in early December. LES coming hard right now already have 2" on ground.

mrbb

considering last yr here, we only had ONE snow fall, and I'm in a area that averages almost a 100 inches a yr(yes its NO UP , lol)
but going from that to just one snow fall, anything this yr should be better than last yr, and as I type this, I have 5 inches now and still falling, snow is melting on the ground is some spots, but others its sticking and temps are in the 20's and 20+ mph winds are helping firm things up more
NO winter any more is as they were yrs back, too many ups and down if you ask me, was almost 70 here yesterday too! big swings like this seem way more common now than say even just 5 yrs ago!
and I know I ain't a fan, rather winter be winter and the rest of the seasons be there season!

T

Tracker

Not picking on you, but you are doing it wrong...
"Post your snowfall and snow cover reports here. PLEASE PUT ALL REPORTS IN THE CURRENT DAY'S THREAD AND DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR YOUR REPORT! REPORTS ONLY PLEASE, questions can be put in the Area Conditions and Info Topic."

this is the EXACT reason why young people and no one in general wants to join a sled club....this also is why the web site membership and posts and interactions are low....just an FYI....god I hope I spelled everything right and was politically correct and did not offend or say anything someone would not want to hear.....gotta be real careful in what you post these days...lotsa web pounders these days...LMAO

jebjk1

this is the EXACT reason why young people and no one in general wants to join a sled club....this also is why the web site membership and posts and interactions are low....just an FYI....god I hope I spelled everything right and was politically correct and did not offend or say anything someone would not want to hear.....gotta be real careful in what you post these days...lotsa web pounders these days...LMAO

I didn't make the rules. The snowfall reports forum has rules to keep it consistant to be able to find the info you're looking for. I was just helping out, so less mistakes will happen in the future.

shelby369

this is the exact reason why young people and no one in general wants to join a sled club....this also is why the web site membership and posts and interactions are low....just an fyi....god i hope i spelled everything right and was politically correct and did not offend or say anything someone would not want to hear.....gotta be real careful in what you post these days...lotsa web pounders these days...lmao

bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mezz

You did nothing wrong or inappropriate jebjk1. You'll have to excuse those that ridicule us that try to help others & remind them of the expected behavior & rules on the site, not to mention those of us whom have fun with correcting another in jest. Perhaps those that refer to us as web pounders are in all actually the pot calling the kettle black. For a web site membership & posts being low, a certain someone sure finds the time to hit it & stir it up. Perhaps there is another reason the post interactions & posts are low.......hmmmmm.:;-Mezz

T

Tracker

You did nothing wrong or inappropriate jebjk1. You'll have to excuse those that ridicule us that try to help others & remind them of the expected behavior & rules on the site, not to mention those of us whom have fun with correcting another in jest. Perhaps those that refer to us as web pounders are in all actually the pot calling the kettle black. For a web site membership & posts being low, a certain someone sure finds the time to hit it & stir it up. Perhaps there is another reason the post interactions & posts are low.......hmmmmm.:;-Mezz

i'll dumb it down for ya then....go to freedomsledder.....they respond to everyone just like I said....from that...they went from 1000 or members everyday....to about 15 now...and all of them respond to members posts with negativity and word checking and spelling...no young person will stand for it...on any web site....so if ya want more members and young people....then ya gotta change MEZZ and JEBJK1...I got an idea so you can see it yourself what I speak of.....how many teens are on here? go ask your son or nephew WHY he don't join any snowmobiling web site....he will tell you this

THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF OLD AZZ COMPLAINERS AND ITS BORING AS HE!! and EVERYONE IS RUDE TO ANY NEWBIE

PS....there are very few web sites (maybe only 3 sledding ones) that don't do this...guess what....they have over 8000 members and posters everyday....so the hmmmmmmm....should be youse guys looking in the mirror...and I...only try to point out THE OBVIOUS....captain....LMAO

most want fun and frivolities and funny youtube stuff and jokes and to be friendly....in school...did ya want to go to ENGLISH everyday to get corrected on every single word.....no....that's how EMOTICONS GOT INVENTED GRANDPA MEZZ

snobuilder

Ok I guess I could have left cybercops in the word bin but I see absolutely zero wrong with the OP thread topic.
To me it was a general question and obviously not asking about specific conditions in a specific location.

If it was then I would agree with post #2 reply.

Now then....really glad to see that the Northwoods temps
went into free fall following those 60 and eeek!...70 degree temps.

sweeperguy

i'll dumb it down for ya then....go to freedomsledder.....they respond to everyone just like I said....from that...they went from 1000 or members everyday....to about 15 now...and all of them respond to members posts with negativity and word checking and spelling...no young person will stand for it...on any web site....so if ya want more members and young people....then ya gotta change MEZZ and JEBJK1...I got an idea so you can see it yourself what I speak of.....how many teens are on here? go ask your son or nephew WHY he don't join any snowmobiling web site....he will tell you this

THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF OLD AZZ COMPLAINERS AND ITS BORING AS HE!! and EVERYONE IS RUDE TO ANY NEWBIE

PS....there are very few web sites (maybe only 3 sledding ones) that don't do this...guess what....they have over 8000 members and posters everyday....so the hmmmmmmm....should be youse guys looking in the mirror...and I...only try to point out THE OBVIOUS....captain....LMAO

most want fun and frivolities and funny youtube stuff and jokes and to be friendly....in school...did ya want to go to ENGLISH everyday to get corrected on every single word.....no....that's how EMOTICONS GOT INVENTED GRANDPA MEZZ

IMO its posts like yours that makes people want to turn the channel not the ones your firing at

T

Tracker

IMO its posts like yours that makes people want to turn the channel not the ones your firing at

no...my stuff is always fun stuff....look at my posts...I post pics of sledding...I post films....vids....try to have fun with bigfoot threads.....and I am not digging the guys...I am pointing out the fact that you didn't need to post that above....just suck it up sometimes and bite your lip when your wrong...show someone young this....they will tell you I am correct.....let them read this whole thing...and then let them speak...and listen to them...this is a complaining thread right? and I was giving you an alternative....now whether you take it or not is another matter....I certainly don't come on here and correct anyone about where the thread was put....or how I spelled the sentence.....or like above....I said maybe this is why....and its not firing anything dude...its called CONVERSATION

jebjk1

Ok I guess I could have left cybercops in the word bin but I see absolutely zero wrong with the OP thread topic.
To me it was a general question and obviously not asking about specific conditions in a specific location.

If it was then I would agree with post #2 reply.

Now then....really glad to see that the Northwoods temps
went into free fall following those 60 and eeek!...70 degree temps.

The thing that makes it all look good now, is this thread originally started out in the "Snowfall Reports" and was later moved to "Miscellaneous".
No big deal either way.

shelby369

Because this is now out there, I'll share a story I had with my 3 sons a week ago...... I asked them If they saw the post on JD "4 users" they said no...so I explained the post.... they said no kidding, I asked why... they said the site has been hijacked and its to cliquey ..... they are 17, 22, and 26.......they said if your not a "off trail" back country UP rider, they feel not welcome.

Don't shoot me, I am just sharing..............Hope it snows soon, weather looking better for winter.