Thougts on how this winter is shaping up so far........

jd

Administrator
Staff member
No need to apologize Sleadhead! I actually owe you a thanks. I am all for getting the truth and feelings out there and broadening communication. While it may not have been your intention, it was a good thing what was said was said.

We have been COLD up here. Today is the first day we have risen above the freezing mark since Friday night. The 1" of snow we got never left, but is melting some today. Most of our trails do not have much water to worry about, but I suspect that this shot of cold air is helping to stiffen things up in all of the Northwoods.

-John

slimcake

That garage is slimcake's not mine. This is how JD works....Slimcake & I met at Pat's a little while ago ...very nice guy and we had lots to talk about in person.. lol...Soooo many nice and generous people on here that I have become friends and ride regularly with some. Reaching out like Polarisdan does pays off big time .....me & Dan have had the same type of transitions with Clubs & riding buddies. JD Ride Board works or some peeps just PM you here and ask to hook up. I like to meet new guys and gals if possible have burger and beer first make sure riding styles are compatiable so someone does not get in over their heads with me and Venturenorth on a big mile day adventure. All about planning and knowing level of riding skills and having the type of sled tech that can hang together.

It was good to talk with you guys!! Can't wait for one of those "big mile adventures"!!

D

Deleted member 10829

Hello to all! This is my first post, but have been a JD follower since the site began. I'm looking forward to contributing to the discussions here and I have 3 boys under the age of 16 whom I'm confident will also be involved for many years to come. I had to post after John came on with a well delivered appeal to reason. I am optimistic that this will be a great riding season and hope to share some reports/experiences as I continue my quest to cultivate the next generation of riders and enthusiasts for our sport that everyone on this board has a great passion for. Hope to see folks on the trails (or off trail!). Cheers to all!

Welcome Leadwing72! Excellent first post by the way, in so many ways!! :)

G

G

I agree that this first post by Leadwing72 is a very welcome one. I think there are many others like him that check out the site but never post. I have met a lot of folks because of this site. All good so far. Except of course for Skiroule. He moved into a house 3 miles south of my place at the lake. Now property values are plunging. His front yard looks like a goat threw up with all his old snowmobiles in various stages of decomposition. Other than that most people on this site are good. Welcome Leadwing72!!!

D

Deleted member 10829

grub,

I know what you mean about skiroule, he's tough to be around. Your post is making me laugh out loud, just like most of skiroule's posts. Good stuff!!

mrbb

I think many times folks really need to understand, that words on a screen ,
are just that, " words on a screen"
they can ONLY bother you if you let them.
a debate isn't so bad as long as its kept lightly and understood, that we all make mistakes and we all have opinions,
doesn't mean one is 100% right or 100% wrong
I guess I just have thick skin(head too I am told LOl)I never been upset about anything I read online in a forum
nor tried to offend anyone else either?
I just add what I have., MY opinion> and or stories/experiences that are mine to tell?

POLARISDAN

Pretty much yep. Outsiders see members here post on any thread that they think they have something meaningful to say when in reality they have no clue. It's easy and quick to see through this. This is what I hear from others....it's not my opinion.

so groomer, really..you actually talk to "outsiders" standing out by the local store that tell you that they dont come here becuz its too "clickey"..

come on bro..dont buy it

POLARISDAN

Hello to all! This is my first post, but have been a JD follower since the site began. I'm looking forward to contributing to the discussions here and I have 3 boys under the age of 16 whom I'm confident will also be involved for many years to come. I had to post after John came on with a well delivered appeal to reason. I am optimistic that this will be a great riding season and hope to share some reports/experiences as I continue my quest to cultivate the next generation of riders and enthusiasts for our sport that everyone on this board has a great passion for. Hope to see folks on the trails (or off trail!). Cheers to all!

hi..just a question as i dont understand..why follow all this time and not post? i imagine alot of us wonder as we see the heavy views?

- - - Updated - - -

It was good to talk with you guys!! Can't wait for one of those "big mile adventures"!!

hey, maybe we can time it to when u come up we can head over to vilas and ride with whitedust..

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that this first post by Leadwing72 is a very welcome one. I think there are many others like him that check out the site but never post. I have met a lot of folks because of this site. All good so far. Except of course for Skiroule. He moved into a house 3 miles south of my place at the lake. Now property values are plunging. His front yard looks like a goat threw up with all his old snowmobiles in various stages of decomposition. Other than that most people on this site are good. Welcome Leadwing72!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Boy this thread sure derailed quick......

i dont get u sometimes bro..u start an awesome thread like u did about the clubs, then u neg out on one like this that actually turned very positive..where the h e l l did it derail?

uncle_ed

I think this is going to be one of those years where the majority of us dont get our first ride until January. Hate to say it but we just jumped off 70 degree weather and now it is unseasonably cool. I think we are going to swing back to the warm side for the holidays and not see the arctic blast that makes winter rideable until january some time. God I hope I am wrong!

Leadwing72

Welcome Leadwing72! Excellent first post by the way, in so many ways!! :)

Thanks. Happy to come aboard!!

- - - Updated - - -

hi..just a question as i dont understand..why follow all this time and not post? i imagine alot of us wonder as we see the heavy views?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to all for the jolly welcome! I can clarify any confusion as to why I just now joined and posted. I probably should have stated that I have used JD site since its inception for the forecasting info and utilizing the live cams to assist my group with planning. I've never come to the discussion board until this fall. (I know, that's crazy eh). I have a family compound on Drummond Island, but ride everywhere in MI and Ontario north of Lake Huron. I can call and get accurate reports from the islanders, but have always leaned on JD and the NCN for verification of alternative locales. We've been riding mostly MI for the last 5 years, since the tree line to Canada has become such a pain in the u know what.

mezz

Welcome Leadwing72. I agree with the others regarding your post, it's refreshing to know there are new members that have been looking in & reading for quite some time & simply have not made that step to joining in. I am certain that there are many more. IMO, the members of this site are the most straight forward, honest people around & generally a pleasure to share the banter with. Welcome again.-Mezz

T

Tracker

well well well.....it seems its shaping up rather nicely now isn't it

YA'll can thank me later...someone had to do it....LOL

jd

Administrator
Staff member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tracker

OK...it's on you now.

Yous two crack me up. There are times when I really hope you do not hook another sucker and play with them and other times I look forward to it!

whitedust

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tracker

Yous two crack me up. There are times when I really hope you do not hook another sucker and play with them and other times I look forward to it!

Tracker is an easy rider see him coming a mile away....snowbuilder you got to understand T/C humor and soooooo many take him seriously....lol... He is an ok guy just need to understand him. lol

snobuilder

SquatchTracker is easy to understand....seems genuine to da core. If 1/2 a his adventures is fact he might be in the running for the dos equis guy....LOL