TIME TO CALL IT ?

hermie

Yeah it looks like old mother nature may play a cruel joke on us. The weather we wanted all winter is going to come at the end of March.😡

pclark

We need the precipitation up here badly. Ice went out on my lake today, earliest I can ever remember. Some lakes on chain still iced in though.

jjj70095

We need the precipitation up here badly. Ice went out on my lake today, earliest I can ever remember. Some lakes on chain still iced in though.
Minocqua chain has no ice now. All open water. Do you guys think it is ok to take out dock de-icer for the season and put it away???

indy_500

3rd day in a row the gfs has consistently shown this storm for March 25. More often it pops up the likelihood of it happening usually keeps getting higher. IMG_7240.png

dfattack

Minocqua chain has no ice now. All open water. Do you guys think it is ok to take out dock de-icer for the season and put it away???
Yes. Ice will not build up if at all more than a Crust on the surface. That little ice doesn’t damage anything

whitedust

Clubs pulled trail markers weeks ago in SE WI ground and lakes are thawed so any big snowstorm would be useless for snowmobiling and snow play in these conditions. Probably won’t happen anyway but useless at the end of March. Lifts and Piers going in now think Spring and Summer activities better for business too.

timo

3rd day in a row the gfs has consistently shown this storm for March 25. More often it pops up the likelihood of it happening usually keeps getting higher. View attachment 69717
Indy delete this app from your phone. This site is never close to being accurate. They said the north woods was supposed to get 20 plus a month ago and they ended up with 2 inches. I recall numerous times where this site isn't close to accurate.
I'll eat my shirt if there is 10 inches that fall where they say two feet is gonna.

I'm seeing low 40's for temp next week for SE WI, I'm guessing we will see more rain then snow. Northwoods I see temps around 32 degrees.

hermie

Indy delete this app from your phone. This site is never close to being accurate. They said the north woods was supposed to get 20 plus a month ago and they ended up with 2 inches. I recall numerous times where this site isn't close to accurate.
I'll eat my shirt if there is 10 inches that fall where they say two feet is gonna.
Indy got this site from the man. John Dee would always talk about COD and how good it was. John use to take all of there model runs and then give us his prediction. The gfs is just a model runs not a forecast by the site. It does look like as of now that some areas could see there biggest snows of the season which isn't sat much. Unfortunately too little too late.

timo

Indy got this site from the man. John Dee would always talk about COD and how good it was. John use to take all of there model runs and then give us his prediction. The gfs is just a model runs not a forecast by the site. It does look like as of now that some areas could see there biggest snows of the season which isn't sat much. Unfortunately too little too late.
hmm interesting.
I just seem to recall a few times this site was referenced the snow totals were exaggerated by feet not inches.
I also understand it's still 7 days out.

indy_500

hmm interesting.
I just seem to recall a few times this site was referenced the snow totals were exaggerated by feet not inches.
I also understand it's still 7 days out.
Like Hermie said, this is NOT a forecast… I repeat NOT a forecast. It is just the GFS model run, same gfs model all meteorologists use. GFS tends to be the most popular, but there are many other models and methods they use to create a forecast. Any more than a few days out the GFS model tends not to be very reliable. In fact, every hour you do a model run of the GFS it often changes drastically. But the fact this storm has shown up 4 days in a row over the same area with similar totals has me believing there’s a decent shot at very measurable snow. I’m not trying to be optimistic about this storm either, as I do NOT want this snow to postpone us getting out on the ball diamonds.

timo

Like Hermie said, this is NOT a forecast… I repeat NOT a forecast. It is just the GFS model run, same gfs model all meteorologists use. GFS tends to be the most popular, but there are many other models and methods they use to create a forecast. Any more than a few days out the GFS model tends not to be very reliable. In fact, every hour you do a model run of the GFS it often changes drastically. But the fact this storm has shown up 4 days in a row over the same area with similar totals has me believing there’s a decent shot at very measurable snow. I’m not trying to be optimistic about this storm either, as I do NOT want this snow to postpone us getting out on the ball diamonds.
Gotcha
Thought it was forecast

euphoric1

anything even remotely to any kind of substantial snow event at this point would just be one giant slap in the face to those who relied on winter this year and a set back for those who rely on the loosening up of winter, especially with these early way above normal temps. I for one am hoping it doesn't happen.

Airman68

Hard to imagine this time last year we were still riding and this year, my sleds are put away for the season 3 weeks ago. I vote for no more snow this winter, however, I do get that we need the moisture.