Togwotee snow!!!

Iowarider

I have two buddies from work out there breaking in their new Cats now. One has a turbo 1100 and the other has a HCR M8. I haven't from them yet but they are there through the New Year.

Iowarider

Yeah Al was kind of wondering if he made the right move to the turbo with the extra weight and everything.I figured he get it figured out.

carter

He's still wondering.....LOL... that thing is like a john Deere, he's looking for stickers...8 in. when I drove into the lot, and 3 during the day... and yes we are enjoying it. 4 days of sun coming up. bummer, need more white stuff. Weird pattern this time, more snow closer to the lodge then at the pass,????? Chris, lost Lake was awesome....

Iowarider

Maybe I should of let him take my new Switchback Assault so he could have agood sled to ride. He wouldn't be plowing like a John Deere.

chicagosledder

We just booked a trip out there in March and are really looking forward to it. Carter I spoke to Techsledder and he was informative like you said. See you then.

lookin4snow

The heck with it, snow or thin snow, we are keeping our reservation at Togwotee for next week - at least we will be riding! We will be leaving on the 26th at 3:00 a.m. to get out there for a late cocktail and get our gear situated. Maybe ride the Leighty area on Tuesday. Will try to post a few pics.

polarisrider1

Rumour has it that Lava Mtn. lodge is running a motel room special for $88 per night until Jan 15th. They have fantastic food in the restaurant and gas is on site along with a small store. You can ride from there to trails and off trail very easily.

borderstaff

Depending on where the snow falls in the next week I might be heading to Lava Mtn. Lodge. We are going Jan. 1st-8th and besides picking up a sled in West Yellowstone on the 2nd we don't have any set place to head to. Kinda nice to set up a trip on the drive out for once. I don't think finding a room will be too hard right now.

red_dog

Rumour has it that Lava Mtn. lodge is running a motel room special for $88 per night until Jan 15th. They have fantastic food in the restaurant and gas is on site along with a small store. You can ride from there to trails and off trail very easily.

Yes the motel deal is on. We'll be out there over New Years, can't wait!!!

lookin4snow

Just pulled into Togwotee and enjoying cocktail hour in our suite. The weather here is definitely thin and is aged. But, just checked the forecast and look what we found:

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind between 17 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind between 16 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 29. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind between 18 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Low around 25. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Bring in on!

tim_h

Yippee ! out here with Kris... Can't wait to get the first ride in !!! There may not be much powder to ride but WE WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME ! trying out the new CONTOUR HD and a new pair of 509's. Merry Cristmas to me =) The only spot to park was right in front of the web cam... Oh well... Watch us unload in the a.m.