Togwotee snow!!!

boatingbent

I just found this ....Lets keep fingers crossed

Winter Storm Watch for Jackson Hole, WY
From 11:00 AM MST, Wed., Dec 28, 2011 until 5:00 PM MST, Thu., Dec 29, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued by The National Weather Service
Riverton, WY
Tue, Dec 27, 2011, 3:00 AM MST
Local Radar Map
Updated Dec 27, 2011, 7:10am MST
Weather in Motion® | Enlarge Map Get WeatherReadyPrepare for Winter Storms
Keep Safe During the Storm
Driving in Snow & Ice
Are You at Risk For Winter Storms?
Get Live Traffic Reports
... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

* SUMMARY AND TIMING... SNOW AND WIND WILL BEGIN BY MIDDAY WEDNESDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF THURSDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... MOUNTAIN SNOWFALL IS ANTICIPATED TO GENERALLY RANGE FROM ONE TO TWO FEET. JACKSON HOLE CAN EXPECT 8 TO 12 INCHES WITH LESSER AMOUNTS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES AROUND THE TOWN OF JACKSON.

* WIND AND VISIBILITY... WESTERLY WIND OF 20 TO 35 MPH WILL BE COMMON IN THE MOUNTAINS... WITH SOUTHWEST WIND OF 15 TO 25 MPH ACROSS THE LOWER ELEVATIONS. VISIBILITY BELOW ONE-HALF MILE IS POSSIBLE DURING PERIODS OF HEAVIER SNOW.

* IMPACTS... TRAVEL MAY BE SIGNIFICANTLY HAMPERED OVER TETON PASS... THROUGH SNAKE RIVER CANYON... AND IN OPEN AREAS OF GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

REMEMBER... A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA.

THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS PROVIDED BY THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION ARE AVAILABLE BY CALLING 5-1-1 OR ON THE INTERNET AT WYOROAD.INFO.

&&

More Information
... SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL HEADED FOR WESTERN WYOMING THIS WEEK...

.SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE WEDNESDAY AS FAVORABLE MOIST FLOW OFF THE PACIFIC OCEAN REACHES WESTERN WYOMING. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO PERSIST THROUGH MUCH OF THURSDAY. THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL AND GUSTY WIND TO COMBINE TO CREATE WINTER STORM CONDITIONS.

lookin4snow

Today we rode with Brent and hit the Grouse Mountain and back side of Dry Lake area. In all honesty, the snow was better than we were expecting. The snow is like sugar, as it is old. But, we found areas where we had powder to the front bumper and we could get some nice carves in. But you have to work for it and you will ride over down logs. They are calling for a lot of snow in the next couple days. 8 total sleds in our group today and no damage :)

Bent, our group is behind that truck. We have the Top Cap trailer you can see.

Iowa, had breakfast with Al and Gregg this morning. The cat no longer has a working chain case so he is riding a Polaris rental. He did say that it actually isn't too bad for a stock sled.

polarisrider1

Today we rode with Brent and hit the Grouse Mountain and back side of Dry Lake area. In all honesty, the snow was better than we were expecting. The snow is like sugar, as it is old. But, we found areas where we had powder to the front bumper and we could get some nice carves in. But you have to work for it and you will ride over down logs. They are calling for a lot of snow in the next couple days. 8 total sleds in our group today and no damage :)

Bent, our group is behind that truck. We have the Top Cap trailer you can see.

Iowa, had breakfast with Al and Gregg this morning. The cat no longer has a working chain case so he is riding a Polaris rental. He did say that it actually isn't too bad for a stock sled.
So how far up Grouse mtn. did you make it?

RevKev

Only plug in is In the main lot, is on the Front sign, we plug into that while there, others are outside each cabin, but getting a truck trailer there is tough/limited room. Most guys bring the genny if their stuck in the center of the main lot, or park down behind the cabins.

rmk4ever

Only plug in is In the main lot, is on the Front sign, we plug into that while there, others are outside each cabin, but getting a truck trailer there is tough/limited room. Most guys bring the genny if their stuck in the center of the main lot, or park down behind the cabins.

So I guess my 24 ft car trailer wont fit there. Damn genny is to loud, but well get by.

rmk4ever

So I guess my 24 ft car trailer wont fit there. Damn genny is to loud, but well get by.

lookin4snow

Today

Day 2 we went to Kettle. We had an excellent day of riding and found some real good snow. You still have to be careful as they have not yet got a lot of new snow. It is snowing hard now and we have about 2 inches new snow at the lodge. Our group is very happy that we made the drive out here as we are having a blast. Here are a couple of photos from today.

P1020016.jpg P1020024.jpg

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
This should make you even happier. :eek::D

WYZ012-013-291100-
/O.CON.KRIW.WS.W.0015.000000T0000Z-111230T0000Z/
TETON AND GROS VENTRE MOUNTAINS-JACKSON HOLE-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...JACKSON
156 PM MST WED DEC 28 2011

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST
THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THURSDAY.

* SUMMARY AND TIMING...MODERATE SNOWFALL WILL INCREASE IN THE
AFTERNOON AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES...CONTINUING TONIGHT AND
THURSDAY MORNING. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BECOME LIGHTER THURSDAY
AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...MOUNTAIN SNOWFALL SHOULD RANGE BETWEEN 20
AND 30 INCHES IN THE TETONS...AND 12 TO 18 INCHES IN THE GROS
VENTRE RANGE. JACKSON HOLE CAN EXPECT 8 TO 12 INCHES WITH
LESSER AMOUNTS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES AROUND THE TOWN OF JACKSON.

tim_h

I tried to plug into the outlet by the sign... No dice I was shot down. My truck didnt want to start so Stan the maintanence manager brought over a generator and got me going... Next time we will stay in a cabin that I can plug into...
Had a great day Riding today ! Bring on the fresh snow !!

polarisrider1

All the cabins have a 110v. outlet on the front porch by the picnic table. bring a 50' 12 gaugeextension cord and you will be good by the cabins. There are 4 place trailers parked down there all the time. You can also unhook the trailer in the back lot and get the truck closer to the cabin that way.

kirk600

If you guys run into a guy named Jamie with his blond wife suzy over the next few days, get some good stuck pics.......its his first time out there. Tell him kirk sent ya.......

boatingbent

Anybody heading west on I 90 Late afternoon on the 6th ....One of our guys can`t get off work til 2 PM Friday afternoon .....The rest of our group are leaving at 10Am that morning and our plans are to stop in Rapid City for the night ...It would just be him no gear no Sled we will have all that with us .....he could meet someone for the ride at I90 and Hwy 63 just south of Rochester...
We are staying near Lava mountain