Togwotee snow!!!

Day 2 we went to Kettle. We had an excellent day of riding and found some real good snow. You still have to be careful as they have not yet got a lot of new snow. It is snowing hard now and we have about 2 inches new snow at the lodge. Our group is very happy that we made the drive out here as we are having a blast. Here are a couple of photos from today.

Looks great out there today on the webcam! I see a white out at the lodge.

lookin4snow

Late Week Update

Sorry I missed updates the last couple days but the Internet service at Tog was down and I could't post. Day 3 we rode Lost Lake after receiving about 6 to 8 inches of snow at the lodge. The great news was that there was a solid 15+ inches at Lost Lake. We measured the snow accumulation in several spots. There were spots where more snow had blown in and other spots where it was thinner because the wind took it away. This snow was full of moisture and would set up hard as a rock immediately after getting stuck in in. With this new snow, obstacles get covered and today one sled lost a lower A-arm due to a hidden rock. Today I got to ride a Polaris Pro RMK Turbo as well. You'll run out of talent before horsepower - nuff said.

Day 4 we went to Sublette area and worked our way cross-country back to the Lodge. We had received about another 2 inches of snow at the lodge but there was more to be found up top, more like 4 to 6 inches. That snow on top of the previous days snow made for some great carving. Here is a photo of Tim_h taking a break. This was a pretty regular scene the entire day.

Thanks to Brent for showing us around to some great snow all week.

P1020032.jpg

willey

Sorry I missed updates the last couple days but the Internet service at Tog was down and I could't post. Day 3 we rode Lost Lake after receiving about 6 to 8 inches of snow at the lodge. The great news was that there was a solid 15+ inches at Lost Lake. We measured the snow accumulation in several spots. There were spots where more snow had blown in and other spots where it was thinner because the wind took it away. This snow was full of moisture and would set up hard as a rock immediately after getting stuck in in. With this new snow, obstacles get covered and today one sled lost a lower A-arm due to a hidden rock. Today I got to ride a Polaris Pro RMK Turbo as well. You'll run out of talent before horsepower - nuff said.

Day 4 we went to Sublette area and worked our way cross-country back to the Lodge. We had received about another 2 inches of snow at the lodge but there was more to be found up top, more like 4 to 6 inches. That snow on top of the previous days snow made for some great carving. Here is a photo of Tim_h taking a break. This was a pretty regular scene the entire day.

Thanks to Brent for showing us around to some great snow all week.

View attachment 28518

That looks awesome! Keep the pictures coming. I can't wait for the first of march to get here!!!

79_srx

Today we rode with Brent and hit the Grouse Mountain and back side of Dry Lake area. In all honesty, the snow was better than we were expecting. The snow is like sugar, as it is old. But, we found areas where we had powder to the front bumper and we could get some nice carves in. But you have to work for it and you will ride over down logs. They are calling for a lot of snow in the next couple days. 8 total sleds in our group today and no damage :)

Bent, our group is behind that truck. We have the Top Cap trailer you can see.

Iowa, had breakfast with Al and Gregg this morning. The cat no longer has a working chain case so he is riding a Polaris rental. He did say that it actually isn't too bad for a stock sled.

Are you back yet? Hows the truck running?

lookin4snow

We made it back about 4:00 a.m. on 1/1 after getting a new transfer case in Rapid City. Thanks to McKie GMC for getting us on the road. Tim's truck ran great after the repairs were done!

tim_h

Yes , thanks to Mckie GMC in Rapid City for getting us back on the road !
The bill seemed a bit high, but after checking with some local dealers they were within $100.