Togwotee trip 09

S

skylar

We had an awesome time this past week, it has been 3 years since I was out there last, and it was great to be back. Couple of things, umm, South Dakota is up hill both ways. Don't know how they did it, but, it is. And, it sooo far across that state. Bring sun block with you, I hate peeling and sun burned lips. Also, pictures and videos do no justice to how steep the hills are!!

Our guide was Nate, and he was awesome, really cool guy, our group consisted of myself, my brother, the Minnesotans (Eric, Kris and Dave), 4 guys from Illinois, and starting on Monday two yoopers, Bruce and his son CJ joined us. Our skill levels were all about the same, and we all got along really well. I didn't get to do much jumping as I wanted to do, but, maybe next time eh?

My brother and I arrived Saturday around noon, got our room, rented our beacons, and headed out to make sure our clutching, and my jetting, was good to go, it was, so we rode.
happy.gif

Starting to get into the snow.

105628.jpg

Getting deeper

105629.jpg

Awesome

105630.jpg

More deep

105631.jpg

C'mon Kimmer, let's go!

105632.jpg

Here I fell off trying to whip a cookie, c'mon, give me a break, I hadn't ridden my sled since January!

105633.jpg

Here is a vid of me with my first down hill jump off a rock. My instinct was to let 'er rip, but I started second guessing myself coming up to it. You can hear me gas it in the air to keep the front end up as I land. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afy5qK1FFPc

Kim coming up the hill

105634.jpg

Scenery, sure is pretty out there.

105635.jpg

Working on my first stuck of the week, my tracks coming up.

105636.jpg

Stuck it!

105637.jpg

Kimmer stuck also, right below me.

105638.jpg

Kimmer

105639.jpg

Our tracks

105640.jpg

105641.jpg

Dang stuck again

105642.jpg

Kim playing

105643.jpg

We found the Minnesotans, so we were all playing around and I decided to climb this hill, and go up and above the tree, well, I guess I went up and into the tree! LOL.

105644.jpg

Digging the pit

105645.jpg

Eric helping me out

105646.jpg

Heading down to the lodge, the Tetons in the back ground.

105647.jpg

Well, I am fighting a wicked cold right now, so I am going to go watch sled head tv for a while, then will post up more pics later. I have lots of them.

ridesafe

I've been patiently waiting for these....
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
I am so so so envious...Gosh dang it I wish I could've made the trip.
sad.gif
All I'll say is next time!

time to check out the vids...

hope ya feel better dude, I'll stop by this week some time...

S

skylar

OK, some pics from Sunday. Our first day riding with Nate our guide. The four guys from Illinois were Josh, Tim, Jason, and John, 61 years young, and boy could he ride!

Up, up, up we go!

105750.jpg

Some of he guys coming up

105751.jpg

The first climb of the day, Kim trying to himark the guide, close, but, he stuck it.

105752.jpg

Zoomed in on his stuck.

105753.jpg

I then asked Nate if it was safe for me to go up and help Kim out, and he said yes, so I went up as far as I could to help. Here is a pic looking down on the guys.

105754.jpg

Looking up at Kim, he was getting pretty tired by now, he rolled his sled twice rying to get it up on it's skis.

105755.jpg

Tetons

105756.jpg

Tim from Il stuck, Doospunk helping him out.

105757.jpg

Dave and Kim waiting

105758.jpg

Break time. While we were here another group rode up, two of the people were in my group that I took on a back country ride for John's Make a wish ride. There son works at the Lodge, and they were out riding with him. Small world. Left to right, Kris, Dave, Eric, Nate, Kim.

105759.jpg

Me stuck up top

105760.jpg

105761.jpg

Doospunk stuck on the hill

105762.jpg

Zoomed in on him, Nate helping Kris get unstuck

105763.jpg

Kimmer with an oops LOL.

105764.jpg

Josh coming up

105765.jpg

Nate our guide, led us down into the ravine, there is a creek down there. My kind of guide! LOL.

105766.jpg

Where we just came from, there are some stuck sleds back in there.
happy.gif

105767.jpg

Doospunk coming down and out.

105768.jpg

105769.jpg

Nate buried

105770.jpg

That wraps up Sundays pictures. Only 4 more days of pics to post!

m8man

Shoot, I was hoping you had like 40 days to post.. Those pic's are totally awesome and you must have had a blast.. Did you get any pics of the wet boots?? How 'bout any stuck situations where you were just to tired or ticked off to pull out the camera??

It is thinning out up here but still a few weeks left.

chris

doospunk

Nice shots Skylar. It sure was a great time. Lot's of fun, plenty of stucks, and laughs as well. I'm still a bit lazy, and haven't got to the point of downloading everything off my camera yet, but hope to do so sometime this week yet. I take it that all your pics made it back to the SD card ok? That was a bit of a scare!

S

skylar

Chris, here is a pic that Doospunk took of me and the guide, that is my sled. I was pretty pissed here. This was the second time we had to roll the thing over, I was worried about losing it down the hill. See those trees down there? Yea, I was worried that was where it was going to go, with me not on it.
happy.gif
I am about ready to die in this picture I was so tired and gasping for air. LOL.

105773.jpg

Matter of fact, while helping the guide get un stuck from the creek, I did end up stepping into the water, the water went up and over my boot, and then into my boot. Once we were out of there, I changed my sock, I had a pair in my back pack.

Man we had a blast out there!!

S

skylar

Kris, yep, everything is back on there. I already have pictures developed. LOL. Any of you guys get a nasty cold? Man, this one I have is kicking my arse!

S

skylar

Monday's riding pics

Bruce stuck on his sno pro race sled. Full mod 600, twin pipes, and stingers. Not much good in the deep snow though. And, obnoxiously loud.

your_image.gif

Some of the group taking a break

your_image.gif

A vid of me with a little jump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_Brp3g0_I

Kimmer

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Doospunk

your_image.gif

Jason at the bottom

your_image.gif