Track Drivers

se3racing

How many miles till they start to wear? I have 7200 miles on a X Fire, wondering if I should change them. Track seems to be ratcheting more, wish I could put external ones on with a 2.52 pitch.

thebreeze

It all depends. Visually inspect them, and if they look ok, they probably are. How is your track tension? Have you been loosing a lot of track clips? That can contribute to the problem. If drivers look good, add some track tenstion, and see what happens.

indy_500

track tension is probably your problem not the drivers. They get beat up but usually never have to replace them.

tundra ron

I had to replace mine last yr. On my 06 yamaha venture it had 13000 miles on it. The track is still good should get 20000 miles out of it. No studs.

ezra

hang the rear up in the air get a fish scale hook it on bottom of track some place close to center of skid on a open window pull down to about 20 lbs. measure how far track is from skid come back and tell us

se3racing

I check it all the time I set it around 1 3/4 for my X Fire. I put a broomstick thru the track and put a 10lb weight on each side. The drivers look ok just typical scratches form use. I was just thinking from a preventive maintenace point of view. Could be the drive lugs on the track could also be a culprit, being I really don't know the milage on the used paddle track I bought.

check the tensioner. my buddys was cracking all the time till he put billit in. if it keeps on ratcheting change them. you've got a decent amount of miles on the sled.

mezz

Check all the windows, perhaps you have a few that might be broken, check that all the clips are accounted for. If all windows & clips are accounted for, try adjusting the tension. Make sure to check the alignment of the track, there should be an equal distance between the idlers & the inner lug on each side. This "used" track would have taken a set already, but, it's possible the previous owner of that track over tightened & stretched the track.-Mezz

snoluver1

If your running a deep lug track without extroverts, you may never get rid of the ratcheting all together. Is this happening all the time, or only when in deep snow, pinned and skis in the air?

se3racing

If your running a deep lug track without extroverts, you may never get rid of the ratcheting all together. Is this happening all the time, or only when in deep snow, pinned and skis in the air?

deep snow (LastYear) right when you feel your getting close to getting stuck and you pin it.

snoluver1

deep snow (LastYear) right when you feel your getting close to getting stuck and you pin it.

Not much you can do about that except put extroverts on it. You could try running the track a little tighter than spec. It might help a little, but you will never get it to completly stop ratcheting in that situation, without extro's