Trail 2 - Losing a section due to change of ownership

euphoric1

a few who are on the GRTA facebook page are defending septicrivers decision and crowing that they hope the snow club has learned a lesson on how to ask permission....as if they had any intention of giving it.
I'm not trying to defend their decision but maybe all the negativity kind of threw out that chance for the club before they even asked. I agree with kip as well but again if it had been you or your property and had been blasted with all the hate and negativity how willing would you be at the bargaining table? or if at all. Hopefully eventually both parties (club and land owner) can come to some type of agreement and reopen the trail and hopefully this time around the negotiations will be just that... between property owners and club, and hopefully that bridge/relationship hasn't been damaged beyond repair.

kip

I totally get that Euphoric, but these people had no intentions at all of working with the club. They do this crap wherever they go and they do not care about the communities they invade. This isn't the first time buddy. This is not what we consider Yooper friendly and it's not what the U.P. is about. We're about helping others even if it doesn't always benefit ourselves. These people, ah let me think about it?? Ah, Nope!

euphoric1

I totally get that Euphoric, but these people had no intentions at all of working with the club. They do this crap wherever they go and they do not care about the communities they invade. This isn't the first time buddy. This is not what we consider Yooper friendly and it's not what the U.P. is about. We're about helping others even if it doesn't always benefit ourselves. These people, ah let me think about it?? Ah, Nope!
I don't know their track record, and I couldn't agree more with you on the "yooper friendly" as that about sums it up as far as the people up there, besides the scenery the main reason why we keep coming back! and I will admit I don't know what if any attempts were made by either side before just deciding to not allow passage through. I just know being in business myself the ugliness gets you nowhere. I think of myself as a reasonable willing to work with guy but then the mud starts slinging or it gets stupid, I'm sorry, that gets you nowhere with me. Hopefully there will be some agreement come to and they will become a team player

snobuilder

I'm not trying to defend their decision but maybe all the negativity kind of threw out that chance for the club before they even asked. I agree with kip as well but again if it had been you or your property and had been blasted with all the hate and negativity how willing would you be at the bargaining table? or if at all. Hopefully eventually both parties (club and land owner) can come to some type of agreement and reopen the trail and hopefully this time around the negotiations will be just that... between property owners and club, and hopefully that bridge/relationship hasn't been damaged beyond repair.
what can you support this statement with?

snobuilder

the only evidence of hate is perched on the sloped shoulders of the greenies that never had any thought of getting along with the surrounding community.

Euphoric, your leftist liberal roots are showing despite your everyday posts on here to convince us otherwise.

pclark

I don't really know Euphoric other than from this site but Leftist and Liberal don't really define him. I think what he is trying to say is that perhaps blasting someone with negativity isn't going to get anyone anywhere. In this case it looks like a lose, lose situation regardless of how it would have been handled.

Seems like whats wrong with the rest of the country. Very divided and not getting any better, too bad, everyone should look forward to Thanksgiving and the Christmas Holidays, best time of the year for me anyway.

ddhanna

Yeah, it seems anybody who Snobuilder doesn't agree with gets categorized as a leftest / liberal. He did it with me once and I've been a republican forever. Consider the source and move forward!

Last edited:

goofy600

Hopefully there will be a reroute and hopefully it doesn’t come anywhere close to the ski hills and then the new owners will never get any snowmobile business. The new owner has no clue how much revenue came from snowmobiles so that will be the best way to get even.

euphoric1

what can you support this statement with?
snobuilder, what evidence can I provide with this statement with?? You are correct....I haven't personally seen the bashing but only going by what was posted on this site about how the negative attacks have started when the announcement was first made of the closure. And ALL I WAS SAYING is that negativity against the "new" property owner will likely seal the trails fate and as pclark stated it IS what's wrong with this country, when people don't get what they want they immediately turn to negativity instead of trying to find some sort of compromise or reasonable solution to an issue. I sum it up to people as "entitlement is no longer just a government program" because....EVERYONE NOW A DAYS IS ENTITLED!!! And as kip had also stated which I did not know that the new owners are known for this kind of thing and do not have any interest in working with surrounding community or communities. Either way if there was any hope of some kind of compromise of any sort and YOU were the land owner and people were bashing your business or your decision how willing would you be to work with them? Like I said you walk into my business with a problem and are or get nasty about it... it's all gloves off and I won't do jack sh for you, come in and be reasonable and I will work with you. Don't you work at a big box store or home improvement store? where the customer is always right? not all places follow that same rule. I hate to see the loss of the trail just like the rest of us, I hope someday the club and new landowner can come to some kind of compromise, it would be what's best for everyone's interests. and again, someone had posted that there was alot of negativity being posted directed at new landowners, and yes...I didn't actually see it but if you scroll back and read my posts all I basically said was.... it is sad to see loss of trail, there are new landowners and essentially it is "THEIR" property, not "OURS" and that although their decision is unfortunate for all, I didn't think "NEGATIVITY" was going to get us anywhere and not represent the snowmobiling community well as a whole. And I can assure you I am so very far from the "LEFT" but hey we are all entitled to our own opinion and more and more I am beginning to think you fall deep into the "ENTITLED" community.

Last edited:

whitedust

Article in Snow Tech supports Kips position. No way Snow River was ever going to allow snowmobiling on their property any statements that they would was a PR scam.

euphoric1

the only evidence of hate is perched on the sloped shoulders of the greenies that never had any thought of getting along with the surrounding community.

Euphoric, your leftist liberal roots are showing despite your everyday posts on here to convince us otherwise.
I'm sorry I coundnt resist... "my leftist liberal roots?" Now that there is some funny sh**! LOL X1000

hermie

Sounds like we should know alot more about a reroute in the next few days. Based on what they are saying they are going for approval on it early in the week then they will post more about it. Hopefully it all goes well. To me just amazing that they could even find a reroute in this short of time. This is an amazing sport with some amazing people dedicated to keep our trails open. Now if we could get the few that don't understand what an amazing privilege it is to do this and stay on the trails respect people private property and ride as quiet as you can it would make these dedicated people job so much easier.

euphoric1

Sounds like we should know alot more about a reroute in the next few days. Based on what they are saying they are going for approval on it early in the week then they will post more about it. Hopefully it all goes well. To me just amazing that they could even find a reroute in this short of time. This is an amazing sport with some amazing people dedicated to keep our trails open. Now if we could get the few that don't understand what an amazing privilege it is to do this and stay on the trails respect people private property and ride as quiet as you can it would make these dedicated people job so much easier.
Well said! X1000!!

whitedust

Thats unfortunate for everyone!
From my experience in industrial sales and marketing you identify objections why the prospect won’t buy then you clear those objections with product based fact. When the prospect abruptly gets up and walks away from the interview as objections are cleared it’s clear he/she never intended to buy the product or service. This was the Snow River scam and if there hadn’t been so much push back Snow River never would have agreed to talk they don’t like snowmobiles or snowmobilers so imo I won’t ever support them unless they change their attitude. Also Snow Rivers non caring attitude of Big Snow businesses will come back to haunt them!

wiscrev

From my experience in industrial sales and marketing you identify objections why the prospect won’t buy then you clear those objections with product based fact. When the prospect abruptly gets up and walks away from the interview as objections are cleared it’s clear he/she never intended to buy the product or service. This was the Snow River scam and if there hadn’t been so much push back Snow River never would have agreed to talk they don’t like snowmobiles or snowmobilers so imo I won’t ever support them unless they change their attitude. Also Snow Rivers non caring attitude of Big Snow businesses will come back to haunt them!
This+. Well said Pete.

snobuilder

Article in Snow Tech supports Kips position. No way Snow River was ever going to allow snowmobiling on their property any statements that they would was a PR scam.
So snowtech agrees with snobuilder? It is getting increasingly clear who is who on this site.