trailer shopping

whitedust

Pfeiffer has plenty of trailers. He got down to a very few and ordered 500 trailers. He has hybrids and inline snowmobile trailers in stock in various colors. Pfeiffer probably has what you want in stock unfortunately you will have to pay the higher prices. Hopefully this post prepares you for sticker shock but at least Peiffer has product.
I want to correct what I said 2 weeks ago Pfeiffer had 6 Mission Hybrids that he ordered a year ago and sold out now. He still has 20 or so inline snomo trailers and I would think those probably will sell soon. There was an extensive shortage of Hybrids in WI and IL so despite huge price increases they sold. I am surprised regarding the last few weeks feeding frenzy could have been time to shift seasons to snomo sports. As said if you are in need and can find the trailer you want buy it quickly before someone else buys it.

Carbide

I was told by the dealer I got my Neo from 2 years ago that if anyone wants to order a new enclosed trailer now will have to wait about 15 months.
That's pretty much 2 riding seasons!
o_O

buddah2

Is that a steel frame, general cargo trailer? I mean even today those are still WAY less than an aluminum sled trailer, even if they kinda look the same from 100 feet away.
It's aluminum frame...yes, it's listed as a cargo trailer but I only have my sled to haul or SxS and it works well for me...I had an older all-steel enclosed trailer previously and it was a BEAST to tow...this one, you can barely tell it's there

starlaker

Starting my shopping process for a new trailer. What are good dealers in WI, MN that people have had good luck with? I know inventory is thin right now so it'll take some work but not in a real hurry. Thanks!
Elf, S & S Trailer Sales in Wisconsin Rapids/Kellner WI Central WI Web site SnStrailer.com Paul the owner is a good guy and Ira his sales guy is also a good guy. He has his inventory online so check it out. Good luck. Think Snow!
Starlaker.

Carbide

Elf, S & S Trailer Sales in Wisconsin Rapids/Kellner WI Central WI Web site SnStrailer.com Paul the owner is a good guy and Ira his sales guy is also a good guy. He has his inventory online so check it out. Good luck. Think Snow!
Starlaker.
You have to be careful though. I've learned in fine print of other mototorsports dealerships that Inventory sometimes means ordered Inventory.
Best to call and verify.

elf

I appreciate all the feedback everybody. I'm not in a huge hurry. We have a 4 place enclosed but kids are off to college and now I really only need to haul 2 sleds most of the time. So I will just keep my eye open for the right one. I've been perusing all the dealers you've mentioned and watching their inventory. Tomorrow I'm going to actually layout in my current trailer some different measurements and see what size I'm really looking for. I would like 7' tall though so that will narrow down my options somewhat.

elf

So I emptied out my trailer and made some chalk lines on the floor. I laid out a 7 x 14'. 7 x 16', and 7 x 18' with 5' V. Then I loaded some sleds. I can fit our 144" 146" and 155" in the 16'. So I think thats the direction I'm going to go. Its tight with the three of them but since 90% of the time I'll only have 2 in there. I may even go as short as 14' and just stick one in the back of the truck if need be. It just depends on what I find.

Highflyer

So I emptied out my trailer and made some chalk lines on the floor. I laid out a 7 x 14'. 7 x 16', and 7 x 18' with 5' V. Then I loaded some sleds. I can fit our 144" 146" and 155" in the 16'. So I think thats the direction I'm going to go. Its tight with the three of them but since 90% of the time I'll only have 2 in there. I may even go as short as 14' and just stick one in the back of the truck if need be. It just depends on what I find.

Those 16' inline trailers are fairly rare would likely need to be special order. The 7x18 is much more commonly found. Its a 3 place trailer (would be perfect your sleds listed) that you can get creative in and squeeze four in if needed. If you do stay with the 16' long, I would consider going to a 7.5' wide trailer. I had this width in my 14' stealth and loved it. Even squeezed three 137" sleds in it for a trip.

heckler56

Check the mfg sites but I think all of those sizes are only manufactured with a 3’ V and not 5’.

elf

Check the mfg sites but I think all of those sizes are only manufactured with a 3’ V and not 5’.
I had looked on manufacturers websites and got the inside dimensions off them so I’m confident in the 5’v. But somebody mentioned that 16’ are rare and that is true. I found one on marketplace but it was only 6’ inside. And I’m sure the guy was asking more for it than he paid for it in 2014. 18’ would be nice but then it’s as long as my current trailer and I’m really looking to downsize. 16’ is a tight squeeze for the three sleds but I’ll probably only have three in it once a year. Empty nesters now and my son will have his 155 out in Montana with him at school.
Really curious what I could get for my 2006 Pace 20x8 deck over trailer.

Tuck

I have a 7x18 plus 5 V-nose. have had 3 137s, 2 137 and a 146, 2 146 and a 137. I like it the best with only 2 sled in it lots of extra room to move around or store gear bags. A 16 ft is a unicorn trailer from what I have shopped. I do like how the 7 or 7.5 inline trailers tow over the 8 wide.

heckler56

I had looked on manufacturers websites and got the inside dimensions off them so I’m confident in the 5’v. But somebody mentioned that 16’ are rare and that is true. I found one on marketplace but it was only 6’ inside. And I’m sure the guy was asking more for it than he paid for it in 2014. 18’ would be nice but then it’s as long as my current trailer and I’m really looking to downsize. 16’ is a tight squeeze for the three sleds but I’ll probably only have three in it once a year. Empty nesters now and my son will have his 155 out in Montana with him at school.
Really curious what I could get for my 2006 Pace 20x8 deck over trailer.
I picked up a 7.5’x17’, with 3’V. So basically a 14’ straight box with 3’ in the V. Fits my two 137” 4 strokes.

elf

I picked up a 7.5’x17’, with 3’V. So basically a 14’ straight box with 3’ in the V. Fits my two 137” 4 strokes.
Does it have a front ramp also or just the rear? Not sure why I want the front ramp so much as everything has reverse now.

Carbide

Does it have a front ramp also or just the rear? Not sure why I want the front ramp so much as everything has reverse now.
It's just a convenience. I agree though.
I tend to just back my sled in on the rear ramp more these days instead of dealing with the sharp turn on the front ramp.

heckler56

No front ramp. Went with a cargo trailer. On my old 7x23 it was awkward using the front ramp. My F350 diesel loved having all the weight on the tongue anyway so I just used reverse.

Reactions: elf

indy_500

Just my 2 cents... nothing more painful than trying to back a sled up a ramp and ripping off your ski guides, track mats, or trying to get your sled to move in reverse in subzero weather, etc... when I had my 7x23 I drove all the sleds in from the front ramp facing back. Made it easy to take off to ride as well.

Carbide

Just my 2 cents... nothing more painful than trying to back a sled up a ramp and ripping off your ski guides, track mats, or trying to get your sled to move in reverse in subzero weather, etc... when I had my 7x23 I drove all the sleds in from the front ramp facing back. Made it easy to take off to ride as well.
No problems with the Caliber traction bars and guides.

indy_500

No problems with the Caliber traction bars and guides.
Probably works much better with a trail sled in which the weight is more equalized from front to back. I only have experience loading mountain sleds onto an inline, and trying to back them up a ramp, even on an inline that is low to the ground, with traction bars, is a 2-3 man job assisting to push it up so it doesn’t sit there and spin and make a mess.

longtrack

Try driving in the front and out the Back. Works best for me with the Fenders in a 8.5 wide Trailer.
5 - 137 fit easily.