trailer shopping

elf

Starting my shopping process for a new trailer. What are good dealers in WI, MN that people have had good luck with? I know inventory is thin right now so it'll take some work but not in a real hurry. Thanks!

heckler56

Starting my shopping process for a new trailer. What are good dealers in WI, MN that people have had good luck with? I know inventory is thin right now so it'll take some work but not in a real hurry. Thanks!
I think what you will find is inventory is nonexistent and what you want will dictate what dealer you ultimately have to go to.

euphoric1

elf, not sure where you are located out of but here in se wisconsin you could try Pfeiffers Trailers talk to Brad, not sure of his inventory but may be a bad time to shop, hearing of the 40% and higher surcharges out there right now.

Reactions: elf

wiharley02

I bought a Thunder (by Legend) from Big O's in Portage WI, but it was back in 2013. I'm sure inventory is tight everywhere. Back then when I was shopping around, I also considered Beck's in Michigan - they seem to be a pretty big Legend dealer. I almost went with Beck's since they were a couple hundred bucks cheaper, but ultimately decided that the time and miles on the road weren't worth a few hundred bucks and went to Big O's. The trailers were exactly the same (alum. wheel upgrade, finished interior wall upgrade) EXCEPT the Beck's trailer had the +6" height option.

In hindsight I wish I would have took the time and went to Beck's, I wish I had that extra 6" interior height. First because I am tall, second if I ever got a UTV it would stand a better chance of fitting.

I'm not going to need to switch trailers for a few more years (when I will need to go longer for more sleds in the family), but was on Beck's website recently, they have trailers listed that are "due to come in", not sure if they are already sold or how inflated the prices are.

I am very happy with my Thunder trailer and will be buying another one when the time comes.

whitedust

elf, not sure where you are located out of but here in se wisconsin you could try Pfeiffers Trailers talk to Brad, not sure of his inventory but may be a bad time to shop, hearing of the 40% and higher surcharges out there right now.
Pfeiffer has plenty of trailers. He got down to a very few and ordered 500 trailers. He has hybrids and inline snowmobile trailers in stock in various colors. Pfeiffer probably has what you want in stock unfortunately you will have to pay the higher prices. Hopefully this post prepares you for sticker shock but at least Peiffer has product.

Highflyer

Might help if you noted your location and what size trailer you are looking for.

srt20

Ive been looking most of the year. Prices are stupid high on new and used. I put off buying one for the last 3 years. Looks like I'll do the same for awhile. IMO everything will crash sooner or later. I'll need all my $$$ to buy up stuff cheap then.......or at least thats what Im telling myself. lol

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive been looking most of the year. Prices are stupid high on new and used. I put off buying one for the last 3 years. Looks like I'll do the same for awhile. IMO everything will crash sooner or later. I'll need all my $$$ to buy up stuff cheap then.......or at least thats what Im telling myself. lol
That's a nice Avatar.

Highflyer

I’m from Duluth MN and am looking for 16-18’ x 7-7.5’ with a V. Would like it to be 7’ tall.
I would check with Pete's trailers out of Rice Lake, WI. They sell Stealth and Legend. I purchased a really nice Stealth from them fully loaded a few years ago.

Union trailer in Chippewa Falls/Eau Claire area is also another place I would check. They sell Triton and another brand or two. I picked up a trailer from them last year and was impressed with the inventory they had.

scoot

I cant help but notice how much trailer prices have skyrocketed. A few months ago, I bought a small aluminum trailer to move the motorcycles around. The price for that same trailer today went up over 30%. My son bought a new enclosed Hybrid trailer last winter, the price on that went up over $4000 since. Had a guy offer to buy my two place clam shell for more then I paid for it new over 15 years ago. Like I said in another thread, don't procrastinate too much. If you find something, buy it before someone else beats you to it.

eao

Try Beck trailer sales in St Johns, MI. They typically have a huge selection (100's) of Legend in stock. But as been said, don't be looking for deal because its not out there. More demand than supply, especially aluminum.

ICT Sledder

It feels like some of the brands have jumped the shark on their pricing in the current nutso market.

The kinda oddball Triton hybrid 2 place inline is now $10K-ish if you look around. No idea what their normal inlines are at, but I'm guessing about like a Legend. Speaking of Legends, I just called Beck's to ask about pricing - a 7.5x18 or 23 is $19K, a 7x18 or 23 is $16K to $17K. On the other hand, I can go pick up a Neo right now - 7x23 - for $11.5K from John's Trailer Sales. Who is spending nearly $20K on what is basically an aluminum cargo trailer?

It just makes no sense. I understand premium product, premium price, but these trailers are aluminum stock welded together using the same third party components like wheels/axles/etc.

whitedust

It feels like some of the brands have jumped the shark on their pricing in the current nutso market.

The kinda oddball Triton hybrid 2 place inline is now $10K-ish if you look around. No idea what their normal inlines are at, but I'm guessing about like a Legend. Speaking of Legends, I just called Beck's to ask about pricing - a 7.5x18 or 23 is $19K, a 7x18 or 23 is $16K to $17K. On the other hand, I can go pick up a Neo right now - 7x23 - for $11.5K from John's Trailer Sales. Who is spending nearly $20K on what is basically an aluminum cargo trailer?

It just makes no sense. I understand premium product, premium price, but these trailers are aluminum stock welded together using the same third party components like wheels/axles/etc.
I agree get creative and make an aluminum cargo trailer into an inline v nose snowmobile trailer really not difficult to do.

fishcrib

I bought my Legend at Auto and Toy Trader is W. Salem Wi. Bought last November before the crazy prices hit.
Dealer was fine no problems.
They have Legend and Neo trailers

longtrack

I bought a Featherlite Aluminum 18' Car hauler 3 years ago for 4750. Now they are 8900.
The Dealer offered me 6500 for mine.

acase27

I bought my Legend at Auto and Toy Trader is W. Salem Wi. Bought last November before the crazy prices hit.
Dealer was fine no problems.
They have Legend and Neo trailers

I bought a NEO from them at this time last year. No complaints here either. Exact same trailer as mine is now $4,000 more expensive.

buddah2

Took me a while to remember to look this up...I bought a 2020 7x16 Formula Conquest with 7' ceiling from Paul's Trailer & RV sales, Greenleaf WI (20 or so mi south of Green Bay) a year and a half ago...very easy to deal with and the price at that time was $5200...don't know about current prices

ICT Sledder

Took me a while to remember to look this up...I bought a 2020 7x16 Formula Conquest with 7' ceiling from Paul's Trailer & RV sales, Greenleaf WI (20 or so mi south of Green Bay) a year and a half ago...very easy to deal with and the price at that time was $5200...don't know about current prices
Is that a steel frame, general cargo trailer? I mean even today those are still WAY less than an aluminum sled trailer, even if they kinda look the same from 100 feet away.