Tundra Extreme?

blizzardmk

Anyone have any experience or opinions on the Ski Doo Tundra Extreme?

Seems like it would be a pretty cool UP boondocking sled - 600 etec + 154" x 2.25" track + 32" ski stance

Probably wouldn't be good on trails with the narrow ski stance, and the pogo-stick front suspension may not be that great, but should be lots of fun in the deep stuff.

What do you all think?

blizzardmk

Found some reviews on DooTalk and elsewhere. Everyone that has ridden one seems impressed.

The idea that the telescoping front suspension works better in deep snow because of less drag (compared to A-arms) is interesting. Plus the wide, flat belly pan helps with flotation.

skiroule

Sorry, no experience but I've also been intrigued by this sled. It seems perfect for the bush and has a ton of cargo space. I've looked at them at shows and I like the rider setup.

Not sure if I could ever get the hood/side panels back together though. Just a tad over-engineered.

ezra

I was also very intrested in that one would be great UP sled in a 146.who knew my old exciter was so far ahead of its time

blizzardmk

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lots of people are intrigued by the sled, but over 10G is a lot to pay for something that might not be as versatile as a Summit. It makes a lot more sense if you can use it for work and play.

uperjim

I want a Tundra too but 154 is too long for the UP. I think 137" with 1 1/2 paddles is best but the Tundra only offers that in a fan or 4 stroke.

skiroule

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lots of people are intrigued by the sled, but over 10G is a lot to pay for something that might not be as versatile as a Summit. It makes a lot more sense if you can use it for work and play.

Luckily the long luggage rack caught me after I looked at the price. You're right, the price is in Summit territory. Still, it would be fun to take through the trees.

indy_500

I bet that skinny ski stance carves like no other in the pow! (probably don't float too well :eek: )