Vacation options

MZEMS2

First off, we're on a budget....Would you rather take several smaller, closer, cheaper vacations, or save every cent you can and blow it all in a week in Mexico? We thought about going to Mexico in 2016 for her birthday and our anniversary, but we'd have to save all of our "fun money" for about a year first, just to be able to afford to go. I think we could spend our fun money a bit better and go on several smaller vacations through the year.....what would you do?

polarisrider1

First off, we're on a budget....Would you rather take several smaller, closer, cheaper vacations, or save every cent you can and blow it all in a week in Mexico? We thought about going to Mexico in 2016 for her birthday and our anniversary, but we'd have to save all of our "fun money" for about a year first, just to be able to afford to go. I think we could spend our fun money a bit better and go on several smaller vacations through the year.....what would you do?

Several smaller ones especially if kids are involved. Key is which type of vacation would give you the best return in satisfaction.

MZEMS2

No kids. I just can't justify blowing that kind of money for a week long vacation. Hmmm. I'd rather travel to the four corners of the country on 4 seperate trips. If for no other reason than to say I did...LOL

ezra

Mexico is a cra p hole now any way. I wont even go there any more.
but a island vacation can be cheep if u shop around depending on when u go also has a lot to do with it.
I go a lot in sept because that is our anniversary. all inclusive can be cheep then for sure . just a lot of Europeans there at those times.
but yeah I also say load up the family trukster and head west for 10 days. but dont be under any delusions a road trip through the nat parks is cheep

polarisrider1

If you want to stay married...... Don't ask us guys. Ask her and enjoy it best you can. If she is into winter stuff go to Brooks Lake and do it up. Let her shop in Jackson hole. Get sled dog hauled to lodge, let her hit the spa for the hot rock therapy. Do not forget it's "her" party.

eagle1

Like Ezra said you can find deals on all inclusive. Places that aren't booked up usually have good deals just have to be ready leave without much planning.
Last year wife and I did Florida for 6 days for under $1500 for flight/ hotel.
This year were doing Punta Cana all inclusive.
Spend it while you have it. :D lol

ezra

I have been to Punta Cana a few times . nice people some good fishing depending on when u go. and like I said in the late summer lots of Germans in Punta and a lot of hot ars topless 20somthings but the topless 60somthings rune the view.
ok true story about 5 yrs ago we were in punta I was on a floaty at the hotel beach just relaxing only 2 other people in the water .
well I look over and there it was has to take a 2nd look to make sure what I was looking at. I was still in shock and a bit horrified . this speedo wearing Mother f took a dump in the ocean it was a floater and no BS he had corn.
I start yelling over W T F are u doing who dose this stuff. well he knew I was pissed he knew what he did but could not understand a word . every time I saw him the rest of the trip I pointed at him and just shook my head .

polarisrider1

I have been to Punta Cana a few times . nice people some good fishing depending on when u go. and like I said in the late summer lots of Germans in Punta and a lot of hot ars topless 20somthings but the topless 60somthings rune the view.
ok true story about 5 yrs ago we were in punta I was on a floaty at the hotel beach just relaxing only 2 other people in the water .
well I look over and there it was has to take a 2nd look to make sure what I was looking at. I was still in shock and a bit horrified . this speedo wearing Mother f took a dump in the ocean it was a floater and no BS he had corn.
I start yelling over W T F are u doing who dose this stuff. well he knew I was pissed he knew what he did but could not understand a word . every time I saw him the rest of the trip I pointed at him and just shook my head .

Shrooms tonight?

garyl62

LOL! I had to read that out loud to my wife and she's cringing.. Say's that just ruined her night, as she sits there playing Candy Crush

Go Fast or Go Home

The Drug Cartels run Mexico.

Stay in the States. You'll never see it all in your lifetime. So many places to go, see, do. Possibilities are endless.

L

lenny

that'd be a great youtude spoof called "Ezra's honeymoon", lets reenact it, frozen or canned?

ezra

my wife is always like no dont tell it again any time any time someone is talking about there beach vacation.

ezra

the current cartels in Mexico make the mafia of the Vegas yrs look like preschool teachers .

kb97z

Nashville is close and fun. Take ur drinking boots. Lots to do n see. We hit the Paul McCartney show downtown. Grand Old Opry was sorta neat but very lame at the same time.

1fujifilm

If you want to stay married...... Don't ask us guys. Ask her and enjoy it best you can. If she is into winter stuff go to Brooks Lake and do it up. Let her shop in Jackson hole. Get sled dog hauled to lodge, let her hit the spa for the hot rock therapy. Do not forget it's "her" party.

This is outstanding advice!
I skied Jackson Hole Wyoming as a bachelor and thought to take a summer trip last summer to J.H. as well as take in Yellowstone and Glacier National park with my wife as we both admire nature. She loved it all, you just have to let her pick the hotels, do some "Four square" research for food options and booyah, positive lifetime stories forever! I suggest Late August as it is still warm and snow has not begun to fall yet in Wyoming and Montana.

Frank

zltim

We went through JH in September and it was very crowded with people. I can't imagine how crowded it would be all summer, wall to wall people.