Vilas goodness!

snoden

Indy how did the new mission work for ya? Been there on those poor fuel economy sleds....they need a serious carb cleaning.

dwz

Got the electric shield for mine but have never needed to use it, signed UP for snow ball cancer ride on Feb. 9 and found out we need helmet lights so for that reason I am glad I did. 1200 miles on that helmet so far.

whitedust

Got the electric shield for mine but have never needed to use it, signed UP for snow ball cancer ride on Feb. 9 and found out we need helmet lights so for that reason I am glad I did. 1200 miles on that helmet so far.
What kind of lights do they want?

indy_500

Well guys, thank you to all those who put their sleds away for the year! Stayed in St Germain the past 2 weekends. Fridays storm after the rain was a bit of a dud down this way (lake effect snow belts got hammered) but trails nonetheless were PHENOMENAL due to low traffic. Picked up 2” Friday and 1” Saturday after minimal rain which helped firm up the trails after a cold Friday night. Did Sayner Star Lake Conover Land O lakes Boulder Junction Arbor Vitaes trails Saturday. This morning headed down to Lake Tomahawk and back up along the rainbow flowage. Here’s a couple pics
D96992F6-8288-4842-AD1F-E2C452C34866.jpeg 70A513F7-9CDD-400D-A5C4-EB8EF168966F.jpeg
3546D2AB-5593-4B8C-B7DE-F44A4C6F9F9A.jpeg 1D5478BC-CE57-4627-8F9A-95BED950BAFB.jpeg
52986D4D-501F-48AB-B1C0-D4896636A8B4.jpeg
88F1ECD9-7D73-49BE-BD68-DF699B566CC6.jpeg

dfattack

So nice to see great trails and people out using them this late in the season! Good for you guys

indy_500

And here’s a photo dump from last weekend. Some pics are from Saturday some from Sunday. First pic is the groomed trail heading west out of Star Lake… woke up Sunday to 6”+, and snowed like mad all day. Both days were epic, with little to no traffic. Tempting to head up somewhere for 1 last weekend… 8629D20C-CF42-43B2-A49D-5D75B353DF4D.jpeg 4E26FE82-5D31-4C38-B995-48653B532BD9.jpeg BCF59116-AD0C-4F64-9303-15F995F456D2.jpeg F9CCDE2D-D6F6-4B9A-B7FC-C5AF781C562F.jpeg 2E209F5E-E2B9-4444-A91D-239716B995B6.jpeg E3F6E071-3AC6-4D42-AC57-B019B80F10DE.jpeg 71137E78-37D9-4024-AE0B-EB10E66D7783.jpeg 4F487AFC-ADD8-4CD0-90AB-2BD26C57982F.jpeg

Last edited:

wiscrev

Indy, you might have gone right by my house. I live on the south east corner of Big St Germain lake. The trail goes down the street about a half mile and then up to the junction to Sayner or Eagle River.

SledTL

Damn those are some awesome pictures. Wish it looked like that more often there. Usually snirt with corners shot back down south to IL lol.

indy_500

Indy, you might have gone right by my house. I live on the south east corner of Big St Germain lake. The trail goes down the street about a half mile and then up to the junction to Sayner or Eagle River.
I definitely went past then!

indy_500

Damn those are some awesome pictures. Wish it looked like that more often there. Usually snirt with corners shot back down south to IL lol.
That’s typically how eagle river looks. Conover and BJ a little snirty in town as well. Big difference from club to club though. Bo Boen by far does the best job (in my opinion).

pclark

Seems like most people that really don't know their way around up here stay in Eagle River or Minocqua because of lodging. So.......those areas get a lot of traffic and maybe that's what their expectations are but there is so much more of Vilas that has great clubs and trails and less traffic. To be honest with you I have never even ridden my sled through Eagle River and don't really have any desire to do so. If I go over that way I come in through Land O Lakes to Phelps and back down through Conover and then back west to Sayner, BJ and then home to Manitowish. Not knocking any area, just have my go to spots and to the west is Price County and NW up into Iron County and west if you really want to get away from the crowds. To each their own!

wiscrev

There have been times I have had 60-80 sleds go by the house after dark up to 10PMN. Usually don't have any after that unless it's a group staying in the addition.

whitedust

Seems like most people that really don't know their way around up here stay in Eagle River or Minocqua because of lodging. So.......those areas get a lot of traffic and maybe that's what their expectations are but there is so much more of Vilas that has great clubs and trails and less traffic. To be honest with you I have never even ridden my sled through Eagle River and don't really have any desire to do so. If I go over that way I come in through Land O Lakes to Phelps and back down through Conover and then back west to Sayner, BJ and then home to Manitowish. Not knocking any area, just have my go to spots and to the west is Price County and NW up into Iron County and west if you really want to get away from the crowds. To each their own!
16 years living there I rode thru ER once lol. Another time on a trail going north of ER a rental trackside 2up veered violently towards me I ended up in the pickers to avoid a collision. Last thing I saw was the whites of their eyes before I left the trail. They knew they ran me off the trail but never came back to check on me pissed me off!😡 I took the same route you took stayed north thru Lando and when going south took the Kimball to 3 lakes and U turned back to Phelps to avoid traffic.

hermie

That’s typically how eagle river looks. Conover and BJ a little snirty in town as well. Big difference from club to club though. Bo Boen by far does the best job (in my opinion).
X2 on Bo Boen grooming they do an awesome job. The job they do on there trails was a big part of why we got our weekend home there. Sugar Camp and Cross country cruisers also do a fantastic job. I am surprised I haven't run into you up there yet. We don't stop alot as we are up there to ride but we are up there every weekend except presidents weekend because of the rain. If you are up there and you see a pink with white snowflake ski Doo xs tnt wave me down that would be my wife and I would be on a 22 x with a blue skid plate and blue accent hand guards. we are going to give it a go this weekend but it's definitely looking like spring riding while Saturday it felt like Early February.

wiscrev

16 years living there I rode thru ER once lol. Another time on a trail going north of ER a rental trackside 2up veered violently towards me I ended up in the pickers to avoid a collision. Last thing I saw was the whites of their eyes before I left the trail. They knew they ran me off the trail but never came back to check on me pissed me off!😡 I took the same route you took stayed north thru Lando and when going south took the Kimball to 3 lakes and U turned back to Phelps to avoid traffic.
The Kinball is an awesome run. Every time I was on it, I always it, I always talked ":Star Wars," as in "I can run the Kimball in 4 parsects." lol