Walworth, Racine & Kenosha Counties

ryanslyne

Hi All,

Thought I would get a early start to our thread this year. I think the last two years now we have head record amount of pages, comments and followers for the SE WI riders on JD in this discussion board. Which is great! Most of you probably already know me or at least remember me but I ride to work on a sled when conditions permit and ride as much as I can around here as well as a few weekends up north. But on most normal winters I am able to put just as many miles on down in SE WI as I do traveling north. Both good riding but of course some bad at times as well. I will try my best as usual to give a honest accurate report and help anyone out with questions.

A little update on the trails in the area for the 2014-15 season. As some of you may recall from last year we were having issues with members in some of the area clubs. I am going to be taking over as the trail boss and president for our club Sno-Trojans in East Troy, WI (Walworth County) this year. I am working with the guy in charge right now who has done it for the last 20 some years and will take over once he steps down at the end of the year. With that being said we are currently starting to get out and request permission from land owners to use their property for the trails. So far that has been going fine, we just started this last week. What we need are more members! Last week was our first meeting for the East Troy Sno-Trojans. Any help anyone is able to give would be great! We will be looking to put trails in within a month or so and as always more members are needed. Please PM me or send a message on here if interested.

We are hoping the new state legislature coming into effect July, 1st 2015 will help our struggling clubs in Southern WI with the requirements of registration and now new trail passes. I know this is a year away and you don't have to worry about it for this riding season coming up. But the more members the better for all of our clubs. Why not get involved now and see if there is a way to help out!? If anyone is interested in our club in Walworth county the Sno-Trojans, attend one meeting a month and at least try and help install and pull out trails at the very minimum that would excellent. Anyone looking for info on the new legislature let me know I can send you a copy of what will be put into effect July 1st next year for us snowmobilers in Wisconsin. I hope you all at the very minimum are able to at least join a club locally and help out if possible. And then of course enjoy the area trails when conditions permit!

Thanks to all! Looking forward to a great season! Questions let me know.

RS

blkhwkbob

Thanks for stepping up! I'm a long time paying member of the Whitewater Sno-seekers, but I have never been actively involved. I'm an hour and a half away, and it's hard to get to the meetings. I will talk to my riding partner and see if he would like to head up with me and do some trail work with you guys this year. Keep us posted on the schedule.

ryanslyne

Meetings are located at the Grist Mill in East Troy, WI on the second Thursday of the month at 7pm. If interested in details please let me know. If you want you can give me your email address and I can send out the monthly meeting agenda. Blkhwkbob, thanks for being a member of a club and still living a decent distance away. Even if you are not actively involved it still helps. I do the same for the club that is up at our cabin. Just donate my money every year and if I am around when they are putting signs in I will help. I will keep you all up to date as we get closer to putting trails in. This rain we just received this week has probably set us back a bit since farmers have not been out all week this week harvesting crops. We will see.

RS

SledTL

Hey Ryan,
Congrats on taking over as President! I think that you will do a great job. It helps to have a young person who has the ability to ride often and in the area that they work for. I am thrilled that we already started the thread!!!! SNOW IS COMING AND I AM PUMPED TO RIDE. Its already been cold enough up here in the Twin Cities for flakes and such. I'm getting my sled fix by working with the SAE clean snowmobile team until the trails open. Ill be home for a solid month so pray that riding around here will be good. For now, I peace..
Dean

ryanslyne

4+ next week looks fine to me. I know it's early but that will get the blood pumping. Should be enough for a rip in the farm field! :)

Starting to put trails in this weekend where we can. Season is just around the corner!

RS

bladeguy

I have been remiss the last several years having not joined a club after I moved. This week I plan on joining one of the Racine county clubs - or possibly Ozaukee - I ride in both areas. Everyone should join a club!

ryanslyne

bladeguy,

Thanks for you support! It is very much appreciated! Even if you can join a club and donate some $$. This is the key to the success of our trails. Yes we also all need volunteers to help with trails but without the $$ from our memberships it makes things difficult. Again thank you! 1-3" tomorrow night in Walworth. Should get everyone excited in SE WI. Going to be installing more trails in East Troy area on Sunday. Hopefully we can get majority of trails in place.

RS

bladeguy

in the past I always help to mark the trails. I think I signed up too late As I am heading out of town. But I will help take them down. I wish there were more young people in the club have to try and figure out how to get them in!

ryanslyne

Just a quick update from Walworth county. East Troy SnoTrojans club trails are about 2/3rds of the way in. We are ahead of schedule from last year. The remaining trails that we have to put in we are pretty much waiting on farmers now to finish their crops and plowing fields. Things should be getting interesting now with this cold weather setting in. On Sunday when putting trails in we had about 2" of fresh snow on the ground and a few inches of frost already in the ground. Hopefully within the next few weeks we will get the remainder of the trails in for East Troy. Again anyone interested in joining a club please let me know. We need all the help that we can get!

Thank you,

RS

Hi Ryan, had a good time this weekend working with you guys! When you are ready to go out again make sure to give a ring. Thanks.

ryanslyne

Mike,

Will do for sure! Thanks for you help! Hoping to get a few others on Johndee here that ride our trails to lend a hand or at least join the club! It sure seems like winter out there!!!

RS

ryanslyne

Got almost all the trails put in yesterday for the East Troy Snow Trojans. Mike Sorry I did not see your email until last night. I should have texted or called you. We only have a few fields left off HWY 20 in East Troy near Landmark. A update for this year the trail has changed slightly in a few areas off Honey Creek rd. In the past we ran the road for a few miles. This is the connector trails to Racine County. We now have gotten some land owner permission to run the trail off the road for the most part. It is important that we keep these trails so please stay on the trail in this new area. There are a few landowner sensitive areas. There also is a part on HWY 20 in East Troy by Landmark where you will have to ditch ride a small portion of the road heading west/ east on the trail running parallel to HWY 20. Please stay on the trial in this area as well. If any of you have interest please visit and like our new Facebook page for the East Troy Snow Trojans. If anyone has interest in joining our club please let me know we can always use new members and a helping hand! https://www.facebook.com/ETSnowTrojans/timeline

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Congrats on stepping up !! Sounds like you have things headed in the right direction good luck !! I f you know of anyone that has an OLD (early to mid 80's)rock county map please let me know. We would like to try to re-establish an old trail that used to run from Avalon,WI to Shopiere WI

SledTL

Well I bet we wont be ridin before Christmas like last year haha but hopefully things will pick up as we head towards the new year. Screw you el nino.

ryanslyne

Yeah next 7-10 days doesn't look too promising. That's okay I suppose. As much as I would love it to be winter winter winter. I will take the warm up and no snow now rather than mid Jan or Feb. I guess we will be in the wait and see mode. I know I was supposed to leave for a trip right after Xmas and then again right after New Year. We will wait and see if that happens. I guess a lot can change between now and then.

RS

ryanslyne

Hope you all had a good Xmas. Looks like the cold weather is back for now. Let's hope it sticks around and we can get things going around here. I heard on the news this morning this weekend could be our first chance in new year for some measurable snow. Let's hope it proves true. Anyone gotten up north yet to do some sledding? I just got back from St. Germaine trails and snow was good. Just had to watch out for a few mud holes like everyone is talking about. Heading back up new years day to get sleds out again. Hoping to come back and enjoy some snow around here. Fingers crossed on that. Trails are ready just need the snow. Hope you all had a good Xmas and have a good upcoming new year.

RS

SledTL

Hey RS, I got a quick question for you. How hard would it be to ride from twin lakes to little prairie? I don't know if you know where that is, but it is up by kettle moraine and the three corners of Jefferson Walworth and racine. I see on the map that you can just take corridor 9 straight up. My roommate lives there and we thought it would be cool to ride to his house. I see there is gas in lyons, just wanted to know if you or anyone has ridden trails along there and how it is.
Thanks,
Dean