Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties SE WI 2017-18

ryanslyne

Another season apparently is starting. Cold temps are finally here and snow flurries are starting to make an appearance in the forecast. Time to start thinking about the season ahead of us all! So I might as well get the thread started for the year here like usual. :)

Our club (East Troy Snow Trojans) are currently finishing working on landowner permission and we will start putting trails in hopefully within the next month or so depending on crops getting off the fields. Currently about 50% of our fields are ready for markers already. The dry August/September gave our farmers in the area a slight head start on harvesting this year. But now it has been wet so we are at a standstill for now. Anyone looking to join a club please consider one of our area clubs! Here is a link to all of our clubs in Walworth county http://www.walworthcountysnow.com/clubs.html Even if you are not able to assist in trails or attend the meetings your membership fees go a long way with our local clubs. So please consider joining one of our clubs and get the benefit of those discounted trail passes for the state of Wisconsin. Questions please let me know.

Looking forward to the season and communicating with you all on here again this year.

RS

Glad to see this thread started up again. Also Glad to see the NOAA Winter Outlook For 2017-2018. Your reports started out so positive early last year. All the openings and then Well we all know what happened. Hope this year starts out good and stay ALL winter!!

SledTL

Another season apparently is starting. Cold temps are finally here and snow flurries are starting to make an appearance in the forecast. Time to start thinking about the season ahead of us all! So I might as well get the thread started for the year here like usual. :)

Our club (East Troy Snow Trojans) are currently finishing working on landowner permission and we will start putting trails in hopefully within the next month or so depending on crops getting off the fields. Currently about 50% of our fields are ready for markers already. The dry August/September gave our farmers in the area a slight head start on harvesting this year. But now it has been wet so we are at a standstill for now. Anyone looking to join a club please consider one of our area clubs! Here is a link to all of our clubs in Walworth county http://www.walworthcountysnow.com/clubs.html Even if you are not able to assist in trails or attend the meetings your membership fees go a long way with our local clubs. So please consider joining one of our clubs and get the benefit of those discounted trail passes for the state of Wisconsin. Questions please let me know.

Looking forward to the season and communicating with you all on here again this year.

RS

Praying for a good year Ryan! Only rode about 80 miles around twin lakes last year.... Its already been getting cold up here in MN with a pretty hefty early snow coming tomorrow. Looking to try and get up towards kettle moraine area if the weather cooperates later on.

ryanslyne

Just an update for East Troy club, all of our landowners are on board for this year again and we will be marking trails shortly. Just looking to get a few more fields finished up. I think yesterday I saw 1 or 2 more fields with standing corn on them. Most of them are ready for signs. We are getting closer.

RS

ryanslyne

All of our trails (East Troy Snow Trojans) and Lake Beulah Drift skippers trails are in for the East Troy area in Walworth county. I will be going to the Walworth county alliance meeting tomorrow night, I am sure we will get a report on how close we are to getting all the trails in and ready to go from the other clubs. John's forecast is starting to look promising. Looks like we will see a little bit of the white stuff to get us started on Friday into Saturday. Then a few chances next week with more cold air. All good news so far, at least the forecast looks optimistic! Will report back after the meeting tomorrow night! If you haven't joined a club yet for your discounted Wisconsin trail passes do it now before the mad rush when trails start opening!

RS

ryanslyne

After the meeting last night it was reported that all of the clubs are just about done with their trails. Most were at 100% there were a few at 98% waiting on a corn field or two. Other than that it sounds like we are ready to go. Just need to wait for the white stuff now that the cold is here. Keep your fingers crossed that these next few clipper systems give us a good start.

RS

ryanslyne

Majorly depressing around here. I know it is only January 10th and most of the state of Wisconsin is in the same boat but man you would think we would catch a break one of these years! I am heading north tomorrow cant handle looking at the grass in my yard anymore. Let's hope one of these days we get going again.

FYI East Troy Snow Trojans Brat Bash January 27th at the Eagle Springs Pub in Eagle, WI. 12-5pm Raffle tickets, meat raffles, 50/50 raffles, booze raffles, door prizes, and food/drinks. Rain, snow or shine event! Come out and support a local club if you are in the area and looking for something to do!

RS

SledTL

I'm with you. So bummed. I thought at least we have ice - a couple inches and we could hit the lakes.

Was out twice last week on the lake. Chain was buzzing in IL and there was plenty of sleds in twin lakes. No major snow, but enough to keep everything white underneath. Was at least able to get a little pent up energy out before I go back to school.

Lisbon

Majorly depressing around here. I know it is only January 10th and most of the state of Wisconsin is in the same boat but man you would think we would catch a break one of these years! I am heading north tomorrow cant handle looking at the grass in my yard anymore. Let's hope one of these days we get going again.

FYI East Troy Snow Trojans Brat Bash January 27th at the Eagle Springs Pub in Eagle, WI. 12-5pm Raffle tickets, meat raffles, 50/50 raffles, booze raffles, door prizes, and food/drinks. Rain, snow or shine event! Come out and support a local club if you are in the area and looking for something to do!

RS

Major bummer is right... I am up in Northern Waukesha county. Our trails are great here - and north and west of us - when we have snow.

3 straight years of crap. You would think we'd catch a break. Nope - this is the Milw area's worst year for snow total through early January, in 27 years!

Bought a new sled this year - oops, new paperweight. Sick of always have to trailer north to ride and spend a 4 day weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I am getting close to the end on this snowmobiling stuff.

When the heck will we get snow again down here? I mean a real storm - not 2-4". We need a dumping of like 10-12....

Cat600

Bought a new sled this year - oops, new paperweight. Sick of always have to trailer north to ride and spend a 4 day weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I am getting close to the end on this snowmobiling stuff.

I bought a new one last year cause of all the hype and mine was starting to get older. Put a whole 137 miles on over 1 weekend when it dumped 6 inches in Marathon county and they opened for 2 days. Otherwise I have a 2 year old paperweight. I'm also having the hang up the boots feeling.

snobuilder

Same here in W. Racine Co.

Funny how over the past few seasons this Racine, Walworth, conditions thread gets more interest than any other on JD.....
Lots of pent up riding angst down here!!!!!

Last edited:

gkolar

Kenosha County (Twin Lakes/Pell/Lake Geneva area) no different, few inches of fluff. Enough for a spin on the lake, do it before it melts down at the end of the week.

chop

Kenosha trails are open as of this morning. Not sure if its worth riding. I might pull the beater out tonight and check them out. More snow east than west.