Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties SE WI 2017-18

timo

LOL
That's funny I can relate.
riding down here will add 5 years to your machine.

HAHAHA! He was having a bad day that day. You are right the trails were good that day. He decided he was going to ride all weekend Friday through Sunday 300+ miles ended with no carbides left on his skis, needs new skis now, zero hifax left he had to drop track to get them off, upon dropping track noticed his rear suspension was broke, running out of gas on Sunday night topped it off. LOL 300+ miles on SE WI trails with the snow we had will do that to you. It was fun while it lasted.

RS

ridindirty800

Just think if these 2 big rain systems we had this winter would have been snow. Used to seeing rain in SE Wi in winter but not 2 different 2" rain occasions with flood warnings.

ryanslyne

Hard to believe a week ago I had 14" of snow in my yard and trails were still open. Now we have lakes and the remaining snow banks left.

Snirtdawg

HAHAHA! He was having a bad day that day. You are right the trails were good that day. He decided he was going to ride all weekend Friday through Sunday 300+ miles ended with no carbides left on his skis, needs new skis now, zero hifax left he had to drop track to get them off, upon dropping track noticed his rear suspension was broke, running out of gas on Sunday night topped it off. LOL 300+ miles on SE WI trails with the snow we had will do that to you. It was fun while it lasted.

RS

That's too funny! I have completely changed my habits this year to inspect all wear parts after each trip or weekend of riding. I'm on my third carbide on the left ski. Cheaper than new skis.

timo

2 inches of rain today would of been one **** of a trail base if it was snow
Stick a fork in this season down here. We’ll trails opened one weekend that’s one more than last year. This winter sucked again!!!

ridindirty800

I agree Timo, Walworth opened for 5 days this year and with all rain and we will never see artic temps like back in Jan/early Feb to freeze swamps hard pretty sure thats it for down here. You never know though. Glad I still have a trip planned north to get away from this mess down here!

old abe

Yeh, 2 plus inches rain, water allover, and flooding. I just can't help but think about what if all of that h2o would have been @ 20 degrees???????? One can only wish what could have been!!!

ryanslyne

Hey guys,

Just got word that one of our clubs is potentially closing up after this year in Walworth county due to lack of volunteers and members. If you are not in a club and enjoy the area trails please consider joining one! Details to be worked out at a later date but I do know this particular club is not the only one with issues like this in our area and probably surrounding areas! Please consider joining a club and helping out if you can to keep the trails in this area! Yes they are not open much but it is a nice option to have when we do have adequate snow! For a whole list of the Walworth County area clubs please visit www.walworthcountysnow.com/.

That is all I got, I am guessing we are done for the year snowmobile wise in SE WI. My club the East Troy Snow Trojans have our meeting tomorrow and will be discussing when we will start pulling the trails out. Anyone on here going to Snocross next weekend for St. Patty's day? I am hoping to get out there Saturday if you do come out visit the Walworth county tent for the 50/50 raffle.

RS

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Unfortunately we face similar problems with a few clubs around here.We have problems with members not showing up even for fund raisers where they don't even have to volunteer.Can you disclose which club ?

ridindirty800

Unfortunately we face similar problems with a few clubs around here.We have problems with members not showing up even for fund raisers where they don't even have to volunteer.Can you disclose which club ?

The past 3 winters followed by one good one and 2 bad have killed the sport in S. WI for clubs. 5 bad winters ( 2 where trails never opened) and 1 good one makes people feel like they are wasting their time to help clubs out down here, and I can understand that. The last few years i get sick of pounding stakes for hopefully a few days of riding, then dealing with all the headache of getting landowners permission with all the trespassing sleds. So we do days of work for not much in return. I know I am not going to leave a club but hard to get new people involved with winters like this. Many of my friends joined clubs in the north go brush trails for a weekend and call it good as they do 98% of their riding there. We just need a few good snowy cold winters and it will help. And the new program to make people join clubs to get a discount trail pass did nothing as far as actual volunteer help. Our membership grew but its the same small group of members who does the work all year. All the new ones send a check in and you never see them.

SledTL

Ryan,
I'll be at the races next weekend. I'll stop by and say hey to put a face to a name. My riding days in southern wisco are going to be limited now. I took a job up in the twin cities so my riding will move more north. Have loved every time I ride at home, even if it is infrequent.

ryanslyne

The past 3 winters followed by one good one and 2 bad have killed the sport in S. WI for clubs. 5 bad winters ( 2 where trails never opened) and 1 good one makes people feel like they are wasting their time to help clubs out down here, and I can understand that. The last few years i get sick of pounding stakes for hopefully a few days of riding, then dealing with all the headache of getting landowners permission with all the trespassing sleds. So we do days of work for not much in return. I know I am not going to leave a club but hard to get new people involved with winters like this. Many of my friends joined clubs in the north go brush trails for a weekend and call it good as they do 98% of their riding there. We just need a few good snowy cold winters and it will help. And the new program to make people join clubs to get a discount trail pass did nothing as far as actual volunteer help. Our membership grew but its the same small group of members who does the work all year. All the new ones send a check in and you never see them.

You are 100% correct on that. Bad winters have definitely not helped and majority of the new members in our club are just paying members as well. We are actually lucky to get 12-15 people to attend the meetings. Busiest one is the December Xmas meeting because we buy drinks and Pizza for everyone. I also am a member of clubs up north I usually pick a different one every year. But I am one of those members for them that just donates my money and no time. After numerous hours involved in our club down here I am not sure I have the ambition to do it even more up north. So I give them my money every year and that's about it.

RS

RS

Was out riding the KM Forest yesterday, plenty of snow out there and no rocks showing. The KM Forest trails are always open. Go out and ride before the warm up this weekend.