Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties SE WI

ryanslyne

Getting this thread started again for this year! Last year was a bust for us but last couple years prior this has been a pretty good thread. So figured I would get it rolling for us again. Update on trails for Walworth county clubs are still out marking trails and finishing things up. As for East Troy area we are done ready to go. Just waiting on snow and more cold weather. I finished marking a few spots from the road yesterday and was surprised that we already had some frost in the ground from last couple days of cold. Made pounding stakes fun. A update on the Walworth county this year we have split the county into two sections (1&2). This is give us the opportunity to open one half or the other when conditions allow. Section 1 marked on the map Red will be the northern half and section 2 blue will be the southern half. It will also allow for us to open and close the whole system as traditionally done in the past. It will be the responsibility of the rider to obtain a map and know which sections are open or closed. Please spread the word regarding this for Walworth county this year. It will also be announced on the snow phone should certain parts open or close. Weather forecast looks promising for this weekend for more snow as well as cold to follow next week with even more snow as John mentioned today in his forecast. We are getting closer! We got about 2-3" over the weekend which was enough to make trail marking difficult this last weekend but we managed. Most of it has melted into the ground prior to it freezing. We will see what the next week or so brings. Maybe we will get lucky and be able to do some early season riding in SE WI. Questions about the new sections on the Walworth county trails please let me know.

RS

whitedust

I like this change. I have seen the conditions change north of Walworh County A to a foot or more of snow north of A..... south of there just a trace. Buds driving to my house from IL doubting me at Lake Geneva were thrilled upon arrival. lol

Mitchpro1125

Calling for a decent storm around whitewater for this weekend.. It's still a few days out but I saw a chance of 6-10.. Hopes are high

catalac

Calling for a decent storm around whitewater for this weekend.. It's still a few days out but I saw a chance of 6-10.. Hopes are high

Mitchpro1125, Ive heard that the Whitewater area is a pretty decent place to ride but have never been over that way. Do you feel the same way?
Thanks.

ryanslyne

Generally December 15th is the rule of thumb due to hunting seasons. This weekend there is a antlerless hunt that doesn't end until Sunday night. Some counties also have a holiday hunt that I am sure will further delay the snowmobile trails opening in some counties. Luckily I know for sure Walworth county does not have a holiday hunt this year. Whitewater is a nice place to ride from, you have Walworth and Jefferson counties right there. Both have good trail systems. The Kettle Moraine southern unit is there as well and also offers some good trails that give you the up north feel. Last I saw for weather forecast for this weekend was 6-9" for Walworth county. For sure it will be a good start. Perhaps if we get more snow this week we will be in business by next weekend? I know we are still waiting on clubs to finish marking trails as well. I would imagine we would be close to good to go by the end of this weekend with most of trails marked. We will see.

RS

Ramsey

What are some of the club names in the areas that you guys are talking about. We can follow on social media. Thanks

kevinj

Go to www.awsc.org and look around. They have club listing by county. If the club has a website it is listed there. Their websites will then have social media links if applicable.

Snirtdawg

Folks riding the southern end of Walworth County between Zenda and and Walworth will be happy with the reroute that eliminates the need to cross the railroad tracks twice and multiple trips over CO. B. The new route is a huge improvement! Thanks to the landowners and Blizzard Buzzards Snowmobile club! Hope to check it out later this week if trails open. Long range forecast points towards enjoy December riding as January looks mild for our area.

jetrep

Kenosha Country trails were just opened. Please provide trail reports. I was testing out my sled around 1pm in Kenosha county and there was not enough snow. I was feeling every bit of the ground. The trail goes right through the property I was riding. I would think the plowed fields would be quite rough.

ridindirty800

Walworth Co trails opened at 5 Sunday! The Chisel plowed fields look really rough, but the snow is blowing today and may help fill in the trails. More Snow on the way for Friday/Sat. so this weekend could be good. Also driving to work this a.m I noticed many guys did not want to ride tide to plowed fields so they rode off trail so stay off fields. STAY ON THE TRAIL, it is not easy to get landowners to allow trails on their land and if people keep riding off the the trail we WILL LOOSE THE TRAIL. If its to rough for you, wait for more snow!

ryanslyne

It's true Walworth trails open. Reports I have heard are chisel plowed fields are not the best. I will post some pics later on way home from work. Haven't decided yet if I am going to take sled for test ride or wait until we get more snow Friday into Saturday. Will report back either way.

RS

timo

think i'll wait to see what dumps from this next storm JD is predicting. Its gotta be rough as can be with the 9 inches of powder we got.