Weight of 2011 Arctic Cats

dekx

Weight of 2012 Arctic Cats

Was at the snowmobile races at Lake Geneva and checking out the new cats. When I asked the Arctic Cats reps about the weights of the sleds, no one knew....is it a big secret or am I missing somethan? They seem light and very kewl looking new sleds. So does anyone know the weights of a
F1100 Turbo sno pro and F800 Sno Pro?
Thanks

Last edited:

Firecatguy

they did the same thing at the Denver show.......not a good plan on there part.... but with that said......most of us knew that they would not post LB as most the time its aftermarket and magazines that get the lb and post.....guess we have to wait and see

D

Deleted member 10829

Don't all of the OEM's publish weights? I can only speak for Polaris, but their 2012 brochure lists the weight of every sled.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think once the snowcheck season is over, cat may release the weights. If you tell people the weight before snowcheck season is over, people may not want to buy one. Another thing, they are not offering demo rides. Sure, there may be a few guys who get rides, but they are doing nothing like Polaris did when they introduced the Pro RMK. Huge mistake on cats part IMO.

ezra

they have nothing to prove like poo did. like every xp rider likes to piont out you cant compare a xp to a M if you only take a short ride on it you have to get to know the sled. as far as weight from the relese of the first 03f7 they published weight based on preproduction then stuck to it for production then guys started jumping drivways on them and started bending so they had to add 25+pounds then some bitched about that to. I dont blame them for not publishing weight would be nice but I know cat is not going to put out a POS if they need 10 more LBS to stay to stright I say rivit it on.and 1 other thing cant compare published weight of a sled like a xp that needs oil in the shocks a battery grease and 15lbs or so in extra factory supports to keep it from bending like a pop can and most guys who buy them and plan to be hard on them get the extra supports for close to a G instaled before pick up.really how many of you have actualy gotten test rides before buying sleds?me none we have no snow buy the time snocheck comes out and if I am out west I am not going to wast time wating for a test ride when I have limited time to ride.I will be trying out a 1100 t xfire highcountry as soon as we get snow if you know any one who works at cat they can check out demos when eaver they want and if they need more than 1 no prob think they can get 4 at a time for up to a week at a shot.

indy_500

Cat hasn't published the weights of their sleds for quite a few years. I don't know what there is to be ashamed of?? I mean, even yamaha posts their weights!

anonomoose

Cat Sweden does publish them. I saw them in the other posts back a week or so ago.

I think that they took the site down...or away, but there were in kilograms and needed to be converted.

Here is what I have gleaned from others:

F 8 SP = 461
F11 SP = 527
F1100 Turbo SP 50th and LTD = 549
XF 800 SP = 462
XF 11 Turbo = 549
M 11 Turbo SP LTD 162" = 562
M 8 153" HCR = 470
M 8 SP 152" = 474
M 8 153" = 476

TZ1 Turbo LXR = 699
TZ1 = 644
Sno Pro 500 = 454
F 570 = 494

Remember that Cat got Whacked back a bit for publishing horse power that was not accurate, and they learned that any variable should be left out of the advertisements...just smarter than having to buy back sleds.<!-- / message -->

Cat Sweden does publish them. I saw them in the other posts back a week or so ago.

I think that they took the site down...or away, but there were in kilograms and needed to be converted.

Here is what I have gleaned from others:

F 8 SP = 461
F11 SP = 527
F1100 Turbo SP 50th and LTD = 549
XF 800 SP = 462
XF 11 Turbo = 549
M 11 Turbo SP LTD 162" = 562
M 8 153" HCR = 470
M 8 SP 152" = 474
M 8 153" = 476

TZ1 Turbo LXR = 699
TZ1 = 644
Sno Pro 500 = 454
F 570 = 494

Remember that Cat got Whacked back a bit for publishing horse power that was not accurate, and they learned that any variable should be left out of the advertisements...just smarter than having to buy back sleds.<!-- / message -->

M8 153" = 476 lbs.

Pro RMK 800 155" = 431 lbs.

If that IS an accurate weight it would explain why they removed the numbers and not letting the public know before Snow Check is over.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
M8 153" = 476 lbs.

Pro RMK 800 155" = 431 lbs.

If that IS an accurate weight it would explain why they removed the numbers and not letting the public know before Snow Check is over.

Is that before or after you have to take the engine out to rebuild it?!

Just kidding of course!

I do find it unusual that they do not post weights, all others do. From what I hear from the grapevine, the numbers posted by moose are pretty close.

-John

favoritos

Underpromise and overdeliver. That has been the mantra from Cat lately. It is still frustrating to not see published weights in the US marketing. Maybe we could get weight numbers with the skid full of snow?:p

Not sure if you guys remember the weight guarantee program from Cat? They would give money back on the M sleds if they were over the posted weight. We will not see anything like that for awhile with the 4stroke lineup and no full production runs.

polarisrider1

Is that before or after you have to take the engine out to rebuild it?!

Just kidding of course!

I do find it unusual that they do not post weights, all others do. From what I hear from the grapevine, the numbers posted by moose are pretty close.

-John

You forgot the smiley face. No reported problems with that motor so far. Polaris West had a 600 RMK Pro 2012 on the scale at 433. that one had chain cas oil in it to throw off weight by 11 oz.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
You forgot the smiley face. No reported problems with that motor so far. Polaris West had a 600 RMK Pro 2012 on the scale at 433. that one had chain cas oil in it to throw off weight by 11 oz.

Don't spend much time on snowest do you? Not nearly as many issues with the 2011 as he 08-010 8oo's, but there have been issues.

Stack

There is not a huge difference in the true wet weights between Cat and Poo for the 2011 mountain sleds. Although the Cat may not have a weight loss for 2012 in the new chassis, I am curious to see if there are efficiency gains with the new chaincase drive system. The 800 suzuki mill is already a powerhouse, and getting more efficient transfer of power to the track would be a significant gain in my book.

PG 26 Snowest feb 2011 shows real world wet weights of some sleds.

"Which sled is the lightest?
The Polaris Assault, thanks to a 40-pound diet from its 2010 version. Here are the wet weights (full of fuel and oil, carrying a spare belt and OEM-supplied tool kit):
Polaris Assault 800: 548 lbs.
Arctic Cat HCR 800: 556 lbs.
Ski-Doo Freeride 800: 577 lbs."

All are 153-155" tracks.

Stack

paul vern

Everybody gets all shook up about 5 to 10 pounds. The average sled carries 80 to 100 pounds of gas. I dont notice the ride and handlind differance between full or empty, so why get all EMOTIONAL.

ezra

There is not a huge difference in the true wet weights between Cat and Poo for the 2011 mountain sleds. Although the Cat may not have a weight loss for 2012 in the new chassis, I am curious to see if there are efficiency gains with the new chaincase drive system. The 800 suzuki mill is already a powerhouse, and getting more efficient transfer of power to the track would be a significant gain in my book.

PG 26 Snowest feb 2011 shows real world wet weights of some sleds.

"Which sled is the lightest?
The Polaris Assault, thanks to a 40-pound diet from its 2010 version. Here are the wet weights (full of fuel and oil, carrying a spare belt and OEM-supplied tool kit):
Polaris Assault 800: 548 lbs.
Arctic Cat HCR 800: 556 lbs.
Ski-Doo Freeride 800: 577 lbs."

All are 153-155" tracks.

Stack
if your weight is corect then according to Dyno Research HP numbers we get this
so that makes the poo 3.83lb per 1hp
cat 3.41lb pr 1 hp
and doo 3.65lb per 1 hp
that worried toss in a salad once in a while and loose some of that gut.or at min drop a deuce before you leave the cabin in the morning

Firecatguy

if your weight is corect then according to Dyno Research HP numbers we get this
so that makes the poo 3.83lb per 1hp
cat 3.41lb pr 1 hp
and doo 3.65lb per 1 hp
that worried toss in a salad once in a while and loose some of that gut.or at min drop a deuce before you leave the cabin in the morning

hahahah Deuce........you mean leave the polaris behind!!!! sorry I had to....

indy_500

calling ezra.....................................................................................................................................................................................