Well we got this much done.... New groomer barn for the Sno-Gophers!!

slimcake

I mentioned it before but we have overgrown our current groomer shed. This new barn is right on the trail on the state highway. Hoping to get it closed in before winter but I don't know if we will be operating out of it this winter or not. Doesn't look big enough but its 48x80 with a 20x20 office on the north side. Going to be quite the improvement!! Hopefully we get snow to beat the band and can put some hours on our 2 Piston Bulley's!! IMG_20201015_160353802_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

That will be nice! We could never afford that let alone 2 Piston Bulley's too. Do you have a secret donor?

racerx

I want to build a shop and I've got the slab in and I think I will wait till spring

Same here but hoping we can get it dried in before full winter as I have spent a few hours this last few weeks trying to keep water out of the couple courses of block so it doesn't freeze and crack the block. Don't like having the plastic on during dry days so we take it off, then it rains or like today a good snow comes down.

slimcake

Here she is boys. Just waiting on putting steel plates down where the groomers park so the concrete doesn't get chewed up. Quite the improvement from our old shed. Place is very nice. Awesome being right on the trail as well.

IMG_20210131_115450316.jpg IMG_20210131_115634080_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

Looks awesome! How are you liking the new sled?

slimcake

Loving it. Didn't think it would that much better than my 19 850 but it is on so many levels. Close to 600 miles on it now. I can say I have hit rocks in three states with the skis this year....

slimcake

I see you insulated with fiberglass. Are many folks using foam where you are at? Very nice building, congrats!

Love the spray foam that North building part the office is spray foamed we just couldn't justify spending that much in the big portion. We won't keep the shop part nearly as warm as the office.

Did you guys sub it it out or did the club come together and build it ?

We subbed everything out Ezra. As is the case with most clubs we are not as young as we used to be...

slimcake

8 bucks more a sq ft so no. Plus the price of the boiler. It was $30,000 upgrade. Big tube heater hanging in the peak. Plenty good. Mini split for the office with a couple electric base board heaters to help. Done. It's plenty good

L

lenny

You guys pex the floor for heat ?

Our club roughed in the floor heat but has never hooked it up. It’s beyond me why they don’t finish it off. Our groomers go out twice a day often and so many times I get in and the drag has packed ice all over the cutters, pan full of ice which is hundreds of pounds at times. The cost and recovery of the heat is far superior over any other heat source and yet we deal with all the mess and inconvenience. It’s hard to change the mind of older folks who are so used to the “same old same old”.