What happened to the used Sled market

saber1

I was thinking of upgrading from my 09 Apex to a 2011 and up for power steering ,looked at a few sites but not much out there was even willing to jump ship to a 2019 900 Turbo but no luck there either What Gives.

szotty

I don’t know but what some are selling for is crazy price wise. Like 2k more than should be for what they are but it is nice to see there worth something again used. Hope it stays like this.

buddah2

...even new sled sales are ahead of dealer expectations.

But you also have to factor in actual sled production numbers...i.e., if they produce 40% less sleds than a previous year it will look like they're doing well when they sell out...

srt20

All forms of power sports and outdoors stuff in general is red hot. PPL are buying everything up like they did with toilet paper in spring. Same with real estate. Actually vehicles too.

In a year or 2 everything will be dirt cheap because many ppl will find out they overspent on their impulse buying.

I already told my wife, save your pennies, up north real estate might be dirt cheap in a couple years.

indy_500

Nothing around here and if there is it’s overpriced junk... edge chassis sleds listed for 2500-3000. I just want a 13 newer Indy 600 to upgrade my trail sled to and I can’t find anything. If there is one listed it’s $6500 and has 5000 miles. No thanks, a few years ago you could buy a leftover Indy 600 for $6500 I’m not paying that... those sleds just aren’t worth that especially when the fully loaded pro s/x models are the same price used.

440_chazz

Covid Covid Covid Covid Covid Covid. Anything outdoors is booming. Can't wait for Covid to be over because the market will flood and prices will tank.

wheels006

Anything used and powersport is overpriced right now! My son sold his 12 MXZ TNT for $600 more than he paid 3 seasons ago. The problem was he needed a sled....he wanted to pay over $10k for a 2yr old used sled, I convinced him to buy new(leftover 2020 Backcountry) and financed the balance with me. Just didn't make sense to buy used. Same goes for trucks right now, I'm considering selling my 15 F150 for a leftover 2020.

xcr440

Talked to a guy the other day who bought a 2017 Ski Doo with over 10,000 miles for $8000, asking me what he should look over on it.... LOL

1fujifilm

All car dealers are running ads we buy cars for cash due to low used inventory. Been that way all year.

Pre-ordered 2021 sleds are gold this year.
Late, but gold.
Had offer of $1,800 more than I paid for my 850 Gade X with new X suspension.
No snow on Jan 1 and its gone.

Bear

Yeah everything’s hot - new and used. People are paying over MSRP at some dealers for snowcheck back-outs. And they have lines of people to call for every back-out.

saber1

yea thats what i thought a year ago there were Apex's available 2011 and up all over the place from $3500 to $5500 depending on year i think i will stay with what a have for another year when the market hopefully will come back down Real estate is crazy high too its a sellers market right now but i figured with Covid and people losing their jobs would be looking for quick cash and the toys would be the first to go guessed wrong.

timo

If this is true can I get this guy's number? I got some beach front property in the desert for him.

Talked to a guy the other day who bought a 2017 Ski Doo with over 10,000 miles for $8000, asking me what he should look over on it.... LOL

elf

I actually just told my dad yesterday if he wanted to get rid of one of his sleds now was the time. Houses around us are going crazy also. I told my wife if it wasn't for our son still living at home we'd sell and move to the cabin.

Stench

1. Interest rates are at an all time low.
2. Social distancing and outdoor activities are at an all time high.

The used boat market here in MN was outrageous this past spring and summer. I was bidding on boats 20 minutes after listing, securing a deal over the phone only to have the boat sold out from under me while I was in transit.
I sold a 2012 Skidoo Renegade 600 with 4200 miles for $4800 in September. $300 more than I paid for it one year prior. The buyer contacted me in less than a day and paid asking price.... guess I left money on the table.

Cirrus

I put the wife's '15 800 Pro-S out on Fakebook and got 10 calls in two days, and an offer at asking, which was ridiculously high.
Problem is, I can't find anything to buy at a reasonable price, so I'm holding on to it for now.