• Yamaha

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Other/Vintage

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the colder weather settles in many of us are thinking of the upcoming season and this is where you can tell us what you'll be riding this winter. After you make your vote you can use the comments section to offer more on why you chose your ride. Pictures are always welcome, Brand Bashing is not so let's keep things civil.

Blizzard 1.JPG Tunnel Graphics.jpg

My current machine is the 2017 Blizzard with the 900 ACE engine. As for the Pros and Cons, it gets great gas mileage and a much improved ride over my previous sleds. I'd like to have more storage space but I think that's common for a lot of us. I've owned 3 out of the 4 OEM's and they all turn out fine machines, I've been on a Ski Doo for the last 18 winters.

Last edited:

dothedoo

2019 900T Enduro. Got it at near the end of last season. It's my 3rd "First Year" sled in a row ('09 1200X, '14 900) so I'm sure it will be dead nuts reliable just as those two still are. My only complaint is that the headlights are on par with something from the turn of the century. Last century...the 1900's, not this one. lol

IMG_0804.jpg

skiseadoo

Looks like a demo for the beginning of the season. Snow check isn’t due in until the 1st of the year. The rest of the season will a 2020 Polaris Indy XC 137 600. This will be my 4th new Polaris since switching from Skidoo after 15 years on new Doos.

durphee

Starting out on a 2017 Polaris Assault....not planning on ending the season with it. It’s either going to be a 2019 Polaris Assault 800 or a 850 ski doo renegade.....outside possibility of a 2019 ski doo backcountry.

D

Deleted member 10829

2019 900T Enduro. Got it at near the end of last season. It's my 3rd "First Year" sled in a row ('09 1200X, '14 900) so I'm sure it will be dead nuts reliable just as those two still are. My only complaint is that the headlights are on par with something from the turn of the century. Last century...the 1900's, not this one. lol

View attachment 60834

As good of a sled that Ski Doo makes, I'm amazed they haven't gone to an LED light yet. Too much money in selling their LED light bars and hand guards after the sale. LOL

Modman440

20191106_185919.jpg
2008 arctic cat m8 153 Sno pro. Going to see how she does mostly for offtrail this year as is then start modding over the upcoming summer.

MOD

DaveZRT800

I purchased a new 2019 Arctic Cat Snopro 9000. I also own and have been riding for many years now a 2000 Thundercat. If i don't like the 4 stroke it's back on my trusty TCAT.

saber1

BC96C98E-F277-413E-8B97-C324084E8D61.jpg 03 to 09 Yamahas they just havnt given me any issues yet next sled probably will be that Doo 850 Turbo

Hoosier

18 Cat 600 - bought it new for last season. I'm not a brand homer but bought it because it was priced right, I liked the feel of it (rode new Doo's and Poo's also) and because guys in my group have had good luck putting a lot of miles on them. Like the Doo guys said above my only issue with it is the headlight. We ride a lot at night, so bought a different head light kit to try out this year. Thought hard about an Assault (like the suspension but too much $ for me and a Doo 900 (didn't like the feel of the throttle, but was very interested in the range they have for northern Ontario riding).

eagle1

Looks like a demo for the beginning of the season. Snow check isn’t due in until the 1st of the year. The rest of the season will a 2020 Polaris Indy XC 137 600. This will be my 4th new Polaris since switching from Skidoo after 15 years on new Doos.

Seriously..... snow check isn't due to January???? Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Another year on ye old '16 Renegade X. Lol. Wish I would've spring ordered xrs ......oh well.

1fujifilm

20191106_170116.jpg
Starting out on a 2017 Polaris Assault....not planning on ending the season with it. It’s either going to be a 2019 Polaris Assault 800 or a 850 ski doo renegade.....outside possibility of a 2019 ski doo backcountry.

Yo Durphee,
I met up with You, Harvest and Polaris Dan last year at Rosseau Bar (Playoffs I think?),
I spring ordered a new 2020 Gade 850 X with 3 year warranty, picked it up two days ago.
It'll be for sale last few days of January 2020, not until I enjoy 2,000 miles though.

Can't wait; most I ever paid for a sled but I deserve it.
P.M. me or P.D. has my number.

Bear/Frank

- - - Updated - - -

As good of a sled that Ski Doo makes, I'm amazed they haven't gone to an LED light yet. Too much money in selling their LED light bars and hand guards after the sale. LOL

I feel your pain Mark, LED's are a must in 2020; not on my new sled either.
I wont give Doo anything for the LED bar or guards, not impressed with what they look like on the trail.
Oh well, still have free painted rails.

Bear

slimcake

1fujifil483171 said:
Yo Durphee,
I met up with You, Harvest and Polaris Dan last year at Rosseau Bar (Playoffs I think?),
I spring ordered a new 2020 Gade 850 X with 3 year warranty, picked it up two days ago.
It'll be for sale last few days of January 2020, not until I enjoy 2,000 miles though.

Bear/Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Bear

Hey man I was with you!! It was double doink night!! When you find a deal on a skidoo you should let me know. Would like to have something to compare my 19 XC 850 to. Thats what I will be riding!! IMG_20190212_162800276.jpg

old abe

View attachment 60850

Yo Durphee,

Bear/Frank

- - - Updated - - -

I feel your pain Mark, LED's are a must in 2020; not on my new sled either.
I wont give Doo anything for the LED bar or guards, not impressed with what they look like on the trail.
Oh well, still have free painted rails.

Bear

You shouldn't fret over not having LED lights. You barely own the sleds long enough to warrant turning the lights on, eh?