What's Indy up to today?

indy_500

The WiFi here sucks so bad. It kicks you out every 20 minutes, I tried uploading a 2nd video to face book and my WiFi kicked me out 3 times never got the video loaded. Uploading pics on here is just as bad took 10 min to get 1 uploaded then I just canceled it. Riding today was beyond epic.

L

lenny

Awesome Indy! Glad you are having a great time. When you get back could you please post some pics and vids?

polarisrider1

Internet is still pretty bad out there You say. In the big happy hour room you will find a router. By the fireplace in the lobby and the second floor is better. For cell phones you have to go outside in view of the snow cam.

JasonF

The internet there is awesome as long as it not between the times of 4pm and 10pm. lol Everyone is doing the same thing as Indy, got to get those pics on the web! Had to pull a down sled back once in the middle of the day. I used the internet from inside our cabin to do some troubleshooting and I couldn't believe it was the same connection, no lag whatsoever.

polarisrider1

I think he has been home a bit and is in a coma? Indy how many days riding did you get? You going back? We will pick you up in March if you want!!

indy_500

The pics you've all been waiting for! Will work on some videos later. We left Appleton WI around 11 AM Dec 26 and arrived exactly 24 hours later. Ran into a decent snow storm across South Dakota as we headed across I90. When we got there we were informed our guide for the trip would be Noah. We booked the classic winter package which included 3 days of guided riding, the first day we got there was not supposed to be guided, but, Noah was sitting in the rental shop and had nothing else to do so asked if we'd like to go out! Of course we couldn't pass that up, even if we hadn't ate since 4 AM, had any sleep since the night before, and had nothing to drink as everything we brought was frozen. We got our azzes kicked for a few hours before heading back to the lodge for the night. The next day we met up with Noah and 4 other guys who we rode with the rest of the trip. Over the next few days, we all had a blast while learning as much as we could. Woke up sore, went to bed sore. A few things I didn't expect, regarding the elevation change, is sleeping troubles, and no hunger. The elevation changes your heart rate and makes you wake up multiple times a night. I was also never hungry the entire trip, I had to force myself to eat. It definitely is going to be hard to go back and ride in the UP after this. I highly recommend Noah to anyone looking to make a trip out there, he is very fast paced, and super technical. If you aren't confident in your skills, he might make your trip he11, as he challenges you every second of it. I did have one buddy in my group who held us back and was very frustrated the entire trip. So if you ever book a guide out there make sure to talk to the rental shop about your skills. My sled ran great all trip, and I was in love with it. Only bummer is 100 yards from the trail on our last day, we were playing around in a creek bed and I did about a 10 ft. drop down and bent a rail (at least it looks somewhat bowed out right now). Couldn't have happened at any better timing, I did not however notice it ride or sound any different down the trail. Other carnage from my group included 2 lower a arms on my buddys 15 Freeride, and 2 windshields and side panel on both of my other buddys sleds. We were pretty bummed to head back home but after the carnage and sore bodies we were more than ready. Only took 20 hrs the way back. The classic winter package had to be booked before Dec 1st. I will definitely be booking more than 1 next year, I don't think I ever want to head out there again without a guide. Not only for finding the best of the best, but it was so relaxing to not have to lead my group all day, trying to find good spots, and find our way back. As far as the pics go, most were screenshots of my laptop screen while pausing video on my contour, so the picture quality is not the greatest. My phone and digital camera were too cold and never wanted to open so this was my only alternative, which, I found to really like as I didn't have to stop to take a picture! Enjoy.

Last edited:

indy_500

1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
14.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
21.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
jashwalkin.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
pow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

indy_500

18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot7.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot9.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot10.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot12.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot11.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot15.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot14.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot16.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot17.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot19.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot21.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot23.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot24.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot29.png
[/URL][/IMG]

indy_500

]
Screenshot32.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot34.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot33.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot30.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot35.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot36.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot41.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot38.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot39.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot40.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot42.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot45.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot44.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot47.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot48.png
[/URL][/IMG]

indy_500

Last bit of pics
Screenshot49.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot52.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot51.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot56.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot55.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot54.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot57.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screenshot50.png
[/URL][/IMG]

D

Deleted member 10829

Those pics look pretty darn good! Little different than the UP, eh?

frosty

Those are some nice screen shots! Which Contour were you using? I just bought the 2. I know Greg Cook has been using one, and his videos are really nice.