What's Indy up to today?

pez

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I am glad everyone had fun and nobody got hurt. Like everyone says. Be carefule. It is addicting riding out there. I will be ther in about a month for my first of three trips this year.

indy_500

Those are some nice screen shots! Which Contour were you using? I just bought the 2. I know Greg Cook has been using one, and his videos are really nice.

I have the 2 plus. I have my camera set at 720 not 1080 so it takes less storage, uses less battery, and so the upload takes less time. Also at 720 it has 170 degree view versus a 125 degree view on the 1080. The quality of the videos on window media player was 10x better than when I uploaded them on Facebook, hoping they'll look better on YouTube!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome. Classic Tog.

"ScreenShot30" is the first picture I have seen anyone else post from the "top" of Two Oceans.

-John

polarisrider1

Indy it's an hour difference at my place!!! (Later) nice chatting with you at 2am. My wife asked if was talking to "Jake from state farm". I said nope just a follow snowmobiler. She laughed and went back to bed. I should have more details tonight for you.

borderstaff

Thanks for the pics!!!! We're sitting at the Super 8 in Dubois about to get ready to drive up to Togwotee for 4 days of riding. Still not sure who our guide is for the middle 2 days.

eagle1

What, no hot chick picks????? Lol

So did you find a machine shop that was hiring out there?

Sweet pics btw!!!

ezra

what would u say the overall depth was? still looking a tad thin in some of those shots. we are suppose to head west in 2 weeks but thinking we are just going to hold off and roll after the next storm where ever that may be .

indy_500

what would u say the overall depth was? still looking a tad thin in some of those shots. we are suppose to head west in 2 weeks but thinking we are just going to hold off and roll after the next storm where ever that may be .

Depended where we were, most places around 45-50" I thought the conditions were phenomenal and would turn around and drive back out there if i could.

skiroule

Incredible photos! Don't see how anyone could look at these and not have the urge to head west.

There has been a lot of discussion about the Contour vs GoPro and I still prefer the Contour for it's ease of use when riding. Flick of the switch and it's on or off. Your shots prove that the video quality is very good. Plus, it won't be mistaken for a Mohawk.

John mentioned the "Top of Two Oceans". I'm not familiar with the name but is this the very same location? If not, it looks awfully close. Our guide Kent said the range is often called the "Sleeping Indian". Awesome view with clear skies.

Tog_15_zpsede087c1.jpg

ezra

Depended where we were, most places around 45-50" I thought the conditions were phenomenal and would turn around and drive back out there if i could.
just wait until your first day of over the hood all day in fluff real hard not to start house shopping.
45 to 50 sounds good . something to think about when your foot drops in to a deep hole in some branches . sure hope my foot is not dangling in a hungry grizzly's den. that is always my first thought

indy_500

just wait until your first day of over the hood all day in fluff real hard not to start house shopping.
45 to 50 sounds good . something to think about when your foot drops in to a deep hole in some branches . sure hope my foot is not dangling in a hungry grizzly's den. that is always my first thought

Funny you mention that my buddy was stuck in what our guide believed to be a bears den, their feet kept falling into holes. Never seen someone work so hard at getting a sled out! There was certain spots we were riding where the snow was just piling up over the hood. It was strange we'd be in one spot where there was maybe 35" of hard snow 2 hours later it was over the hood 50+ I'm guessing it had a lot to do with which side of the slope, i never asked.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John mentioned the "Top of Two Oceans". I'm not familiar with the name but is this the very same location? If not, it looks awfully close. Our guide Kent said the range is often called the "Sleeping Indian". Awesome view with clear skies.

Tog_15_zpsede087c1.jpg

I may be mistaken that Indy's shot was from Two Oceans, but "screenshot 44" looks a lot like the last climb you have to make to get to the overlook. Two Oceans is down by the pass (south side of it). Sleeping Indian is actually down by the "hole" or valley, about 8-10 miles east of the airport. On a day with good visibility, you can see it off to the east as you are coming/going from the airport. Also called Sheep Mountain. I doubt that you can ride to it from the lodge, as it is about 3 times further away than Carmichael and Carmichael is a haul to get to! Skiroule, it looks like your shot might have been taken from the overlook at Carmichael, as it is much closer to the Tetons.
Here is my shot from the "top" of Two Oceans.
mar29-13.jpg
I say "top" as you cannot get to the true top without a serious and probably professional climb, but you are just south of it by a few hundred feet. From where my shot was taken, you could see the Tetons, they just did not make it into the photo and are to the left a bit.

-John

skiroule

Ah, I see a difference now. Good thing I'll never be in charge of leading a group out there.

Still amazed at the quality of Indy's photos from screen shots of video frames. This is something I have to play with now, as getting out a camera or phone is not very quick and as he says, they often freeze up.