Whats on your pizza ???

Dave_B

Not really strange but, the pizza joint down the street used to have a Coney Pizza. Chilli sauce, Cut up Hot Dogs with Mustard and Onions on top.

I wish they were still open! :mad:

russholio

Not really strange but, the pizza joint down the street used to have a Coney Pizza. Chilli sauce, Cut up Hot Dogs with Mustard and Onions on top.

I wish they were still open! :mad:

They serve that at Cheli's Chili Bar -- at least, the one in Dearborn. It was among the pizzas they served at our wedding rehearsal dinner last year and was pretty darn good!

WoW! Two pizza threads in one day. Couldn't top these threads unless another favorite beer thread was started again.:p

Load it up with everything. Anchovies are a must!!! Feta cheese yum!!

10-4 on the Feta or for a tangier bite......Bleu Cheese

italian beef and hot giardinera

Hot Giardinera, garlic and pepperoni at Lou Malnati's

Also have a local bar that has a frozen Chicken Alfredo that is awesome!

Weirdest pizza (and good too) ever though was in Orlando. Swordfish and horseradish pizza with whitesauce and on top of a hushpuppie crust. MMMMMMMM, GOOOOD!

L

lenny

pineapple is a must now for me. The norm pizza is c,s,o and pineaple

windingtrailgal

Mr Beef's on Harlem here in Chicago has THE BEST 'garbage' pizza with Italian Beef. Bigdaddy adds the giardinare (sp?)

When we make our own (can get the bag of dough for $1) we do our regular old marinara sauce we make, the Mexican cheese mixed in with Mozzerella because it melts better and has some extra flavor, ricotta cheese in clumps around the pizza, BACON! and then fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and feta sprinkled on top.

We like to get just the plain frozen pizzas and doctor them up with the fresh tomatoes, extra cheese and fresh tomatoes to make it faster.

polarisrider1

Mr Beef's on Harlem here in Chicago has THE BEST 'garbage' pizza with Italian Beef. Bigdaddy adds the giardinare (sp?)

When we make our own (can get the bag of dough for $1) we do our regular old marinara sauce we make, the Mexican cheese mixed in with Mozzerella because it melts better and has some extra flavor, ricotta cheese in clumps around the pizza, BACON! and then fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and feta sprinkled on top.

We like to get just the plain frozen pizzas and doctor them up with the fresh tomatoes, extra cheese and fresh tomatoes to make it faster.
Cindy, when am I over for Pizza?

squat

Ever have a BLT pizza? GOOD

But not as good as the (and I mean all) pizza at the Runningbear in Paulding!

dcsnomo

Ever have a BLT pizza? GOOD

But not as good as the (and I mean all) pizza at the Runningbear in Paulding!

The reason the Running Bear pizzas are so good is because Linda makes them!

I'd be careful now though because the crust might have some paint on it!

big_bill

Seafood Deep Dish from Pizza Papolis in Greektown in the Big D. (Detroit) Has shrimp, crab, and lobster in a Chicago style deep dish. The first time I heard about it, it sounded gross. But when I tried, it's the whip.. Kinda expensive and takes over 35 minutes for them to bake it, but it's well worth it. If you ever get to Greektown you gotta check out Pizza Papolis.

garyl62

Weirdest one (normal nowdays) had to be taco pizza. Getting a pile of cold sour cream, cheese and lettuce on a hot pizza sure took some getting used too. Ended up being pretty good. A weird one with normal toppings was double cheese, double mushroom, double shrimp. That was about 35 years ago when they would still pile on the shrimp. When you took a bite the juice from the mushrooms and shrimp squrited all over. It was party going on in your mouth.

On a side note, I'll take the salty fish, but leave the pineapple in Hawaii.

Amberden

I don't think so the garnishing stuff is much important as far as the pizza are concerned.
Sorry if I'm posting a wrong comment but I'm really curious about it. Actually, I want to know
about the pizzas for dogs. I know you'll be considering it a silly question and dogs are usually
not vegans but one of my friend gave me a tip.buy dog treats recipes

Last edited:
i don't think so the garnishing stuff is much important as far as the pizza are concerned.
Sorry if i'm posting a wrong comment but i'm really curious about it. Actually, i want to know
about the pizzas for dogs. I know you'll be considering it a silly question and dogs are usually
not vegans but one of my friend gave me a tip.

↑double u, T, F? Huh?

But anyway.......I been on my own pizza making adventure this summer with my new BGE. See for yourselves;

bge_resized.jpg ←My new Big Green Egg

BGE_temp_resized.jpg ←Temperature is just right for a nice fresh tomato & basil from the garden pie

fresh_pizza_resized.jpg ←BEFORE

cooked_pizza_resized.jpg ←AFTER

The Apostate

I'm from Chicago and a deep dish, sausage will always be my favorite but here's a couple of specialty flatbread pizzas I have known and loved:
Spinach, artichoke, and Italian sausage flatbread pizza with Gouda and sun dried tomato pesto! Delicious.

Attachments

• 385896_2315921460318_78819349_n.jpg
    385896_2315921460318_78819349_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5

The Apostate

Goat cheese and chorizzo flat bread pizza with fire roasted pepper. Delicioso!

Attachments

• 307175_2015482629535_44459228_n.jpg
    307175_2015482629535_44459228_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: