Whats on your pizza ???

lazer103

So what is the wierdest stuff you have ever had on a pizza either home made or eating out ? For me it had to be pineapple.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a big fan of the "wild stuff". I can eat the sausage & pepperoni until my eyes roll back in my head but bring out the Goat Cheese, Feta, Barbecued Pineapple and I'll have to pass.

I can vouch for Mrs.Bears pizzas, they rock, but I don't remember the above ingredients being offered when I was up there!! LOL.

ezra

Blackened catfish and homemade coleslaw!

never had catfish but I did have crawdads with spicy white sauce in MS few yrs back think it had a hominy based crust.
my fav around my home is green mill stuffed spinach and garlic. ok now I am craving one and think I will be haling one home this week.
think I had a diff pizza every day when it Italy think I had 15 kinds 14 had no red sauce and none I did not like

arcticgeorge

Bar b cue sauce instaed of red sauce then grilled chicken pinapple and onion is the best i think. Roookies near my old house made a mean beef bomber pizza just like a beef sandwich except on a pizza.

frnash

About 30+ years ago for me it was pepperoni, pepperoni, pepperoni, pepperoni, pepperoni, until you couldn't see anything but pepperoni! I had far too much of that, what with the Italian deli/pizzeria right on the corner, not ¼ mile from the house! I just can't handle all that grease anymore. :(
And once upon a time, wayyyback during my years at Mich Tech, I actually tried a combo pizza with anchovies at Gino's in Hancock, MI. Not so bad, just very salty.
I have recently discovered what I think is the best frozen pizza: click → Home Run Inn Signature Meat Lovers! Yum!

But beyond that, when I get a craving, and feel up to it, I like to knock off my own kinda unique home-made pizza, with none of the typical "red" tomato based sauce. A bit of a chore, but worth it:

Crust: Homemade pizza crust.
Sauce: Basil pesto (Fresh basil, Italian parsley, Parmesan & Romano cheese, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice. Blend in food processor, puree 'to a smooth paste.) Yes, it's a green sauce!
Toppings: Broiled chicken breast slices, red onions, black olives, maybe mushrooms.

I just wish I could find it somewhere, anywhere — without having to make it myself!

Last edited: