When does your boating season start?

polarisrider1

fgsacts, I truly do expect you to run your boat across the pond to visit me during Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven. Or I will run across to Port Washington or Sheboygan, Wi this summer. Chicago is getting old and so is the $5.25 a gallon marina gas there. This time bring your wife! lol.

polarisrider1

Don't worry about it, I don't have that problem yet. Mine still rides on the trailer behind the truck. But I can imagine if they used a hoist to launch it, there was a high pucker factor.

It was stored on brand new wheeled stands that they never tried before. The wheels wanted to go every which way. The used a tie down strap and a HiLo to drag it out sideways. Not pretty. Then they got the anchor snagged up in the 2" electrical conduit by the door. I was not stored in front of the door so they used thes whelled dollie stands to "move" my boat over in the building. The boat weighs 14,000 pounds. once it was outside they picked it up with a house moving size Fork lift and set it in the water backwards. Normally my boat is moved on a "Travel Lift" a big machine with huge straps that go under the boat. They did not damage anything, so all is well. Got a big Chili cook off Saturday on the Grand River just 1/2 mile in from Lake MI., offical kick off of the season.

fgsacts

fgsacts, I truly do expect you to run your boat across the pond to visit me during Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven. Or I will run across to Port Washington or Sheboygan, Wi this summer. Chicago is getting old and so is the $5.25 a gallon marina gas there. This time bring your wife! lol.

We'll try. My just trailer over. I need more big pond experience.

fgsacts

We'll try. My just trailer over. I need more big pond experience before I go that far I think.

yamaha_40th

If you are heading over to the Michigan side of the big pond you should look into Harbor Fest in South Haven MI...it's a blast too..

polarisrider1

We'll try. My just trailer over. I need more big pond experience.

I can hook up with you on your side. No Problem crossing Lake Mi. for me. Heck, I did it at 12am to Milwaukee on a dare 6 yrs. ago for last call. by the time i snuck into a slip and got a cab I missed it by 1 1/2 hrs. Then had to wait for the gas dock to open at 9am so I could head home. lol. I will cross on July 8, staying at Sheboygan -Skipper Bud's owned Marina until the 10th, then heading North from there. So is the bike Canada Loop trip in August totally out for you? I got Smurfrider (Doug) and Tami going so far. You can always throw your wife on the back of your bike and ride up and stay on the boat. I have plenty of things we can do. I just need to know what works for you. The Miller Beer rep is 2 boats over and I can get a 1/2 barrel of Miller lite very cheap from him. No deposit or pump fees. Email me. Remember Sturgis next year. I will not let you slide on that one. we will supply the new suburban tow vehicle and Doug's wife to ride shot gun for the chase truck and trailer this time. (it's our turn).

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Wow, wireless internet on the boat. Who would of ever thought such technology would exist. 1 to 2 Mbps with very low signal. But it's a start. It got me here. lol

polarisrider1

what kind of boat do u have and nxt season r u doing a early dec trip with moms out west

I Have a 340 sundancer (Sea Ray) labeled as a 310. I am Dutch. I brag how small the boat is, not how big. It is all about the dollars. You pay by the foot around here. lol. I have very low signal strength,so I hope this is going out. Pool is still closed. I have my wife and dogs on the boat tonight. she is watching "Desperate housewives". I am at the table typing. 6 ft. away. I always do the early mom's trip in Dec. Buy Christmas gifts at the Togwotee gift shop for the family. They expect it. lol. It sure is dead around the Marina on a Sunday night at early season.