When does your boating season start?

polarisrider1

Going to finish waxing the big boat tomorrow. clean the zodiac next. and be ready for launch as soon as we can get the forklifts started and away from the Hanger door. Shooting for April 3rd weather permitting.

tomxc700

It started on monday the 8th for me. I got the 14 footer out and fished the saginaw river. Then again on wed, thurs, fri, not much to show for it though. Now I just need to replace the floor in the big boat and have the ice off the bay and then I'm good to go.

polarisrider1

waxing a boat is a ton of work. Worked on plumbing fresh water out to end of dock today also. Water hook up on boat is at back. added a kwik connector to hose to make it quicker to get out of the dock, run lines under dock. fun, fun. Also ran cable tv/internet line to end of dock. Radio shack sells a quick conect for that too. (just in case it rains). Still not done with the buffing. I suspect I will hire neighborhood kid to finish. lol.

The season has officially started here in Toledo, OH. The first walleye of the season was taken Friday in the Maumee River and it was 9lbs 4oz. The river is too high to wade at the moment, so best fishing is from small boats that can get into the shallows.

polarisrider1

You going to row your "dingy" over there polarisrider1?

What ever, The club I belong to is doing its summer rendevous to Sheboygan, WI. I will be there July 9,10,11. Then up to Sturgeon Bay, Fish Creek, Washington Island, Beaver Island, Charlevoix then Back to Grand Haven. The "dingy" rides on the back. Boat goes in the water at 9am tomorrow. Cleaned the dock box and assembled a new gas grill today.

ezra

I still have the sleds in the trailer in the driveway when the sleds go away the boat comes home and then need to change oil filters lower unit buff wax ext ext looking like may before she is in the slip

kevisip

There were a few here out on MTKA, they where mostly fishing. Get out there while you can, before the big boats run you over....

polarisrider1

Thanx she is a fun toy.....

Very nice. I had to rough it at the marina last night (water isn't on yet) I figured out how to get into the meter box and turn on the elec. so I had heat and cable TV. 260 slips and I was 4th in. (marina opens on the 15th officially). I lucked out and only needed 105 gals. of gas to fill and a new port side battery (thank you visa card). Hope everyone has a smooth transition between the seasons.

trebsdub

Put the dock in 2 weeks ago first time before Easter, now i have to pull the boats out of storage and get them up to the lake and bring the snowmobiles back and get them ready for storage this weekend.

tomxc700

What ever, The club I belong to is doing its summer rendevous to Sheboygan, WI. I will be there July 9,10,11. Then up to Sturgeon Bay, Fish Creek, Washington Island, Beaver Island, Charlevoix then Back to Grand Haven. The "dingy" rides on the back. Boat goes in the water at 9am tomorrow. Cleaned the dock box and assembled a new gas grill today.

Relax it was a joke, guess you didn't get it.

Last edited: