where did the patches go

ezra

was just looking over some old sleding picks from when I was a kid in the 70's.
everyone had patches club/ bar/ states/race wins/sled brand/ etc etc .I miss the look and think it needs to come back.
I know doo tries but that is a week effort with suppliers patches and every one has the same thing.

All I am saying is if I had a bar or lodge I would be selling old school patches.think most of the over 40 crew would be buying if just to grab a few old memories.
what do you think? J.D. start the trend

chadlyt

I like the idea. But I wonder what the Klim dolls would think about putting a patch on their outfits?

And yes, I am kidding, kinda.

But ezra, I wouldn't mind doing something like the that...I'm almost 40, and the idea is still cool.

LEWISTON

We are a lazy society, so I think the only way they would actually get put on is if you had somebody put it on right when they got it. Like somebody sewing/stitching them on right at the establishment or event.

D

Deleted member 10829

I remember when I was young it was cool to sew as many patches as you could on your jean jacket! I loved collecting them.

upsledder

Every year I think about getting my old patch collection sewn on my jacket.

CCI00008.jpg

lt250rfd

buddy of mine has them all over his bibs/pants he wears riding. definitly cool seeing some of the old ones and always a conversation when stopped.

skiroule

everyone had patches club/ bar/ states/race wins/sled brand/ etc etc .I miss the look and think it needs to come back.

Definitely agree, but it does require the plain black one piece suit so that the patches stand out (well OK, one arm can have a racing stripe).

upsledder - Get em' sewn on. I love the one that says "Happiness is a foot of snow". Man, is that true this year.

6mile

I have to agree the old patches are pretty cool, they have to be pretty expensive to make these days.

Also the one piece Snow suits have a cool factor.

FXR8027_L.jpg

Last edited:

skid

Haven't been in the Vansville bar in a few years, but they used to havea lot of snowmobile patches around the bar.

ezra

I did just buy the new HMK 1 piece suite at the Canterbury snow-x.
I was talking with the rep and he says they cant keep them in stock out west and only had 4 left total between all the vendors and the whearhouse.
guess for next yr they are going to do a shell style 1 piece.
http://www.hmkusa.com/product-details/Special-O.P.S.

that is the one I just got he gave it 2 me for $200 I figured it was worth that just for the chuckles when I pull it out on a guys trip.
but I am actually thinking it will be a good set up.
now to start my patch collection man I wish I still had all my old suits so I could recycle the cool old ones

Last edited:

polarisrider1

My first 1 pc. suit was a Poo 1972 suit. Cost $35. that is like $1000 in todays money. Any patch collectors in here? We got some vintage NOS (new old stock) that we would like to sell. Scorpion, Snojet, cat and Skiroule patches and more. pm me if interested.

fcat700

I remember sitting in the bar with my Dad when I was a kid and all the patches they had “for sale” like “Speedy Gonzales Ride Sno-Jet” and on and on, very cool times for sure.

skiroule

My first 1 pc. suit was a Poo 1972 suit. Cost $35. that is like $1000 in todays money. Any patch collectors in here? We got some vintage NOS (new old stock) that we would like to sell. Scorpion, Snojet, cat and Skiroule patches and more. pm me if interested.

Did you say Skiroule?