Where do you get your favorite pizza...Northern Wis/ Western Yoop

nhra1000

Saw the other post and thought id start this one...Im sure its been covered before but dont remember seeing it...I grew up south of Chicago so I find myself comparing most places here to what I had there...Ive yet to have one up here that tops that. With that in mind lets call the borders Wausau, Marquette, Copper harbor, Duluth. We spend alot of times on the bikes in the summer and sometimes like to have a desitination. Our crew plans to try some of these so we will post reviews once we try...

The only place that stands out for me as having a great pie is Henry's in Rockland. Always the same and very good every time. Not the best ive had but ranks up there.

Where else?

pman

Tige's in Mass City is not bad for a frozen "bar" pizza. Our group is from Chicago, and we all think it's decent.

Log Cabin Inn - Conover WI .....non-Chicago deep dish, order NO fennel if you are on the fence with that spice
Bents Camp Resort - Land O' on the Cisco Chain..... not deep, not thin but good bready crust and lots of cheese
Already mentioned but....Henry's Never Inn - Rockland.....bring six or seven friends and get the BIG ONE, 'nuff said
Already mentioned too....TJ's - Land O' .....supposedly the same recipe as it was when it was Vitos pizza years and years ago. Nothing special but always a HOT, TASTY thin crust pie!

racerx

Country Store in Lando has never disappointed us, actually we done the take/bake and enjoy that as well.
Log Cabin..for sure!!!

Guess I will have to try Bent's as I have had everything there except the pizza. Also will have to try TJ's as we have always heard it was no that great but this was many,many years ago but have been hearing better reviews in the recent years.

snowman2

vinchi"s just outside of sayner been many places including most chicago spots this one is right up there great northwoods feel also spangs in st germain also a good one.

arcticgeorge

Maplewood Steakhouse in Ironwood has great pizza. In Hurley Larry's has wood fired pizza that is good but the Liberty Bell Chalet in "Hurley is so lame! They have beef sandwiches but would NOT put beef on our pizza! Waitress even asked the manager! Walked out right there, i mean come on how hard is it to put roast beef on a pizza? If i ever get the resources to open a pizza place it would rock! build my own real brick ovens and make a pizza any way you want! Being from the chicagoland area and having worked at a few pizza places i feel i could make the best!

winterwarlock

I do pizza for a living and the best I have ever had bar none is in Cable, Wisconsin at a place called The RIVERS EATERY in The Ideal Market, downtown Cable. This is stone oven fire baked pizza, we pulled up on our sleds one day and we were blown away by the service and the best pizza we ever had...check out the link below:

http://theidealmarket.com/Rivers.aspx

reiley99

i moved to the UP 2 years ago from south east wisconsin still in search of a great pizza i found some good pizza but not great.

bonnevier

Bring the frozen deep dish ones from Lou Malnati's and fire em up in the oven after a long day of riding.
Goes great with a Portillo's beef as an appetizer!

nhra1000

Bring the frozen deep dish ones from Lou Malnati's and fire em up in the oven after a long day of riding.
Goes great with a Portillo's beef as an appetizer!

Ive done that...They are good but if I ship them in I get them from Aurelios...which by the way is number #1 on my list and has been for many years.