Where you riding this week/ weekend

just_ride

Hey
looks like trails are open everywhere.....where are you riding this week or weekend ?
MN, lower Mi, Wi., UP
is it time to take that saddle bag trip you been talking about...ride across the state....ride across the UP ........just riding local
We could ride from home to Houghton with all the trails open.....or run south to Green Lake....like we did in 08
might just trailer to UP....... Ride starts tomorrow for us
Where will you be riding? or is it a secret?

Last edited:

Carbide

Left there Monday and road to the north shore, headed back today to meet up with friends in Babbitt on the way.
Sweet. Babbit has some fun trails.
Post up conditions if ya don't mind. I haven't made reservations yet. Yeah I know...taking a chance.

oldguy

My wife and I just came back from a 4 day saddlebag trip from our home in Tower into Ontario. We are taking a group of people riding around the Iron Range starting this Friday. We don't have the miles XCR440 has this year, but we are at a little over 3500 so far with a lot of riding left this year.

xcr440

Conditions are EXCELLENT everywhere from Grand Rapids to Marcell to Cook to Tower through Babbitt to Lutsen, back down through Finland to Silver Bay and Two Harbors to Duluth and everything in between - oh wait that’s almost everything! - throw a dart and ride with confidence. Only one 12 mile section that I know of not being groomed.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife and I just came back from a 4 day saddlebag trip from our home in Tower into Ontario. We are taking a group of people riding around the Iron Range starting this Friday. We don't have the miles XCR440 has this year, but we are at a little over 3500 so far with a lot of riding left this year.

Wow - good season so far and close on the miles! Should be passing 5k today.

liv2ride

A group of six of us are riding from Freedom (Green Bay area) to Minocqua Friday and return home Sunday. It's a trip we like to do annually when and if the conditions permit. It's our favorite ride of the year. Last year we had to return a day early to avoid the blizzard.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Conditions are EXCELLENT everywhere from Grand Rapids to Marcell to Cook to Tower through Babbitt to Lutsen, back down through Finland to Silver Bay and Two Harbors to Duluth and everything in between - oh wait that’s almost everything! - throw a dart and ride with confidence. Only one 12 mile section that I know of not being groomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is that 12 mile section please.

elf

- - - Updated - - -

That's a crazy amount of miles Kevin. I just happened to look at my odometer last weekend at one point and I'd just hit 5000 on my 2016. Got three days of riding lined up for this weekend and for us that may total 250 miles. Maybe we'll do a trails only day and rack up some miles. Glad you're having a great year!

indy_500

A group of six of us are riding from Freedom (Green Bay area) to Minocqua Friday and return home Sunday. It's a trip we like to do annually when and if the conditions permit. It's our favorite ride of the year. Last year we had to return a day early to avoid the blizzard.
Hopefully they’re still open Sunday... mid 30s Friday and upper 30s Saturday and Sunday. With the sun angle this time of year it don’t take much for us to lose our snow since all the trails are in the open. Wouldn’t be surprised if they shut them down Sunday and sunrise in the freedom area.

scott_l

base for the weekend will be Blaine MN
kids basket ball Friday night
other kids succor Saturday morning, family commitments Saturday afternoon/evening
1st kids basketball Sunday afternoon, Wild Game Sunday evening with the family
Darn kids activities REALLY cut into the riding and the kids ask me why we cant go north more often.
On a side note just returned from Grand Rapids MN yesterday and the trails where VERY GOOD with many spots being perfect. They picked up about 4 inch of fluff Sunday night. Hopefully it does not get to warm and kill off some of the trails.

huck jay

Riding down to Wabeno tomorrow then back up to Laona over to Armstrong, Florence, Niagara, Pembine back to Dunbar.

Carbide

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the report. Looks like I'll be based out of the Grand Rapids area as I wasn't able to reserve a room in other places I wanted to stay.
Even with the warm air coming in I think the trails will hold up for at least this weekend.

liv2ride

Hopefully they’re still open Sunday... mid 30s Friday and upper 30s Saturday and Sunday. With the sun angle this time of year it don’t take much for us to lose our snow since all the trails are in the open. Wouldn’t be surprised if they shut them down Sunday and sunrise in the freedom area.

I know. I'm really happy that we got the 4 inches of snow the other day. We have a back-up plan if we loose the snow at home. Going for it and hoping for the best