Which oil smells best

mchurch3

OK...now that the famous Sea & Snow thread has turned to smell quality, lets get a new thread going to evaluate this always interesting discussion.

I use S&S and it is acceptable at best. Not offensive, but not roses either. I know my cousin likes to always throw a little beanol in his gas to smell like an RC boat....drives us all nuts but he likes it. My brother gets headaches after riding behind him!!!

Whay say all you sled-heads out there....who's 2-stroke odor is the best/worst/most user friendly/etc/etc. Lets keep body odor for another discusssion....OK.

jebjk1

Wut in the world is little beanol, and what does a radio controlled boat smell like?

If i had to ride behind a 2-stroke, I prefer Polaris VES oil.

The Polaris Oil smells like candy. I think its sort of funny that you can tell the kind of sled someone rides, by the way it smells. I can always smell a poo.

polarisrider1

Wut in the world is little beanol, and what does a radio controlled boat smell like?

If i had to ride behind a 2-stroke, I prefer Polaris VES oil.

Pol VES smells minty fresh! Klotz give me a headache. (not as much as S&S) Amsoil smells sweet! All the Doo oils are fine smelling! The best smell is no smell at all. My favorite is the smell of a NOS injected turbo Yami in the morning as it crests the widow maker! Now that is the smell of success! Beano? anti gas stuff? The boat smells like Nitro methane. the continuing Saga continues. lol

russholio

Haven't used it in a while, but my buddy still does....I'd have to go with Klotz. I don't think anything is as foul smelling as the old Doo mineral oil!

snow_dog

This doesn't pertain to sleds but rather dirt bikes. Back in the 70's I used to run
Bel-Ray oil in my dirt bike based solely upon the way it smelled. Sooo good, I wish I could smell that smell again. Don't even know if Bel-Ray is around anymore, probably not.

Anyone remember that oil?

Back on topic, I use S/S in the sled and it smells so/so. VES oil kinda stinks bad to me.

polarisrider1

This doesn't pertain to sleds but rather dirt bikes. Back in the 70's I used to run
Bel-Ray oil in my dirt bike based solely upon the way it smelled. Sooo good, I wish I could smell that smell again. Don't even know if Bel-Ray is around anymore, probably not.

Anyone remember that oil?

Back on topic, I use S/S in the sled and it smells so/so. VES oil kinda stinks bad to me.

www.belray.com

mchurch3

Baby oil....now theres an idea!! ;-)
How much is that stuff per gallon, how far would you go before burndown and what would the exhaust valves look like???

Gotta love the creativity on JD!