Who Rode The Catalyst?

wiscrev

I was wondering the same thing, Pete. Was there today and it was pleasantly crowded. Nice displays and it seemed very organized for those wanting to ride. People signed up and were given a number and time they would ride.

wiscrev

333807990_2702619779874047_7304691372520082697_n.jpg

❇️
Fantastic Weekend for Arctic Cat Demo Rides World Championship Derby Complex

whitedust

I’ve had a lot of fun at factory rides in the past and sure would have been at this one if I could. Still waiting for comments on the Catalyst demo.

wiscrev

I’ve had a lot of fun at factory rides in the past and sure would have been at this one if I could. Still waiting for comments on the Catalyst demo.
There were a bunch of people there when I went buy at 1. Didn't stop as no one else from the track was there. Had a room for ya Pete if you wanted to come up.

whitedust

There were a bunch of people there when I went buy at 1. Didn't stop as no one else from the track was there. Had a room for ya Pete if you wanted to come up.
Thanks I would have brought my sled but not a weekend rider but the demo ride would have been a fun activity. Maybe more OEMs will follow suit?

wiscrev

Thanks I would have brought my sled but not a weekend rider but the demo ride would have been a fun activity. Maybe more OEMs will follow suit?
Cant say for sure, but the Cat people thought things went well. I think they were disappointed that the races were cancelled buty they still had a nice turn out. Maybe they will make this an annual event---hope so. Rev

snobuilder

Cant say for sure, but the Cat people thought things went well. I think they were disappointed that the races were cancelled buty they still had a nice turn out. Maybe they will make this an annual event---hope so. Rev
Junker races went on without a hitch in Three Lakes.....EXCEPT where to park everyone....LOL... Over 200 entries from what I saw listed. VERY Well organized. HUGE spectator turnout. Track looked like it was well thought out and the hours it must have taken to build?.... Had to be hundreds a man and machine hours plus they had 3 groomers in between races as needed.

Which has me thinking ...why were the races canceled at the world champ track?...in Eagle River?

I think Cat went to the wrong venue.....LOL

whitedust

Junker races went on without a hitch in Three Lakes.....EXCEPT where to park everyone....LOL... Over 200 entries from what I saw listed. VERY Well organized. HUGE spectator turnout. Track looked like it was well thought out and the hours it must have taken to build?.... Had to be hundreds a man and machine hours plus they had 3 groomers in between races as needed.

Which has me thinking ...why were the races canceled at the world champ track?...in Eagle River?

I think Cat went to the wrong venue.....LOL
OEMs used to be into the Derby location big time and liked Trackside location for a dealership. Then both Yamaha and AC pulled out their dealerships loaded up units and left. Yamaha was very poorly represented in Eagle River everyone favored Pat’s. AC Idk didn’t follow them much back then. Maybe things will change with new ownership of the Derby Track and Trackside dealership?

snobuilder

OEMs used to be into the Derby location big time and liked Trackside location for a dealership. Then both Yamaha and AC pulled out their dealerships loaded up units and left. Yamaha was very poorly represented in Eagle River everyone favored Pat’s. AC Idk didn’t follow them much back then. Maybe things will change with new ownership of the Derby Track and Trackside dealership?
What does your reply have to do with the races being cancelled?

whitedust

You wanted to know about OEM choice of venue so I answered that part of your post gave you some history. As I understood there were holes in track ice base so canceled but that was second hand info.

indy_500

We are comparing ice oval track conditions to a snocross style track…

The junkersled races continue to grow every year, awesome to see! Haven’t made it yet but would love to one of these years. Run by a bunch of young local guys who just love sleddin! Maybe some day it will catch enough traction to attract vendors.

wiscrev

Apples to oranges on the track situation Snobuilder. Track personnel had been making ice since way before Christmas. When we had those 6 days of 40 degrees it hurt the integrity of the track. When they started icing again [I think Monday] the water trucks basically went thru the ice. There are big holes in turns 3 & 4 that couldn't be repaired so they cancelled the races because of safety-----the right call.

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

I would bet the Cat people didn't like the results of the Pro Open class at the Leech Lake 200 race on Saturday...All 5 Arctic Catz enter in the race had DNF's...One of the sleds was a new Catalyst...

Last edited:

snobuilder

Apples to oranges on the track situation Snobuilder. Track personnel had been making ice since way before Christmas. When we had those 6 days of 40 degrees it hurt the integrity of the track. When they started icing again [I think Monday] the water trucks basically went thru the ice. There are big holes in turns 3 & 4 that couldn't be repaired so they cancelled the races because of safety-----the right call.
Yet we still have a thick ice on our trail system in the northwoods....HMMMM. but thanks for the answer/reason.

whitedust

AC dumped TrackSide dealership, hmmm?
At the time neither Yamaha or AC was happy with Trackside. Yamaha no effort made to sell products just didn’t believe in 4s. AC I heard things like poor partners so selling effort probably was minimal on their products too at the time. Definitely was mutual parting of both OEMs.

SHOOT2KILL

AC dumped TrackSide dealership, hmmm?
Yep...I got a good laugh when I read that also...NOT how it all went down...I distinctly remember the owner of Trackside at the time posting on HCS the exact details of how the relationship with Cat came to an end...NOT at all how whitedust attempts to SPIN IT...