who would live here #2

POLARISDAN

really..just dug out 5 -6 footers..barely want to even visit here anymore

sleds completely over the top buried

whole day shot digging out

had enuf..cant even ride..S wuldnt start..

dig dug dig dug need a plow

geezuz

euphoric1

Call me crazy but... if things were to south down here, you wouldn't have to tell me twice, i'd make the move and start over and not only because of the snowmobiling aspect of it either. Someday I would like or hope to retire up there...no question about it.

1fujifilm

geezuz

You'll have to get a place in Bruce's Crossing; heard they only got 80 inches last week.
But seriously, those were some wicked drifts you texted me.

Frank

C

Cirrus_Driver

Yeah, at one time I was all hyped to buy a place up there, looked at several, including last place on Chaney Lake.
The drive would have been 330 or so, and that alone is too much. Now with the snow, that's another story. I have crazy snow in Eagle River - more than enough.
Thank God wife put the brakes on that one. Never happening. People that live up there are gluttons for punishment.

snobuilder

Pack up your stuff and head south to central Forest Co. We have ride-able snow!
Coming up friday night til Monday.
Show up and I might consider screening you to rent the place for a few weeks.

If I had a trade that allowed me to live Up, I would have done it years ago. Lawn Care season is too short, and the plowing business sounds flooded.

whitedust

geezuz

I hear ya Dano I’ve been snowed in since Saturday night just got out today lots of snow removal. I have access to trail 10 ew via plowed road impossible to get to Phelps trail 17 or 6 FRs completely blocked by embankments and drifts. Anybody that thinks northern WI is ready to ride needs to think again another 5 inches tonight. YIKES!!

WorkHardPlayHrd

Wanted snow, now we've got it. 45.8 inches in February is not normal here. The road is still blocked to the north. The school delays this morning, and says it's alright if the kids are unable to come in. We wouldn't mind so much, except we really don't want to pile the manure from the barn, and we cross our fingers every day now that the 4. Wheel drive 8930 Magnum doesn't get stuck. They haven't even touch the trails in Eau Claire county that I can see, and yesterday all we did in our spare time was rescue the kids and their stuck short track sleds. I really like the idea of retiring to the U.P., but after this up by Eagle River might be North enough.

longtrack

How quick you all forget. 3 weeks ago we didn't have any Snow here in NC Wi and now we are also buried. February 4th it Rained and our trails did not open in Merrill until the 9th.

Now we are having issues getting our Trails back open after the Sunday storm. I am to busy with a collapsed Shed to even think about grooming my section.

We all had record Snow fall. This is no different than a normal winter out west. We just have to wait it will change and if you ride carry a small Shovel with you.

Willh

Pathetic.

*eyes OP with disgust*

I hear San Diego is a good place to live if you're dull, boring and have no character.

I'm teasing btw.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta admit, I really never thought that there would be a post to this discussion board crying about too much snow, but I guess give it enough time and anything is possible!

-John

slimcake

Yeah John you should make this a sticky at the top so that when people start complaining about no snow they can look back and remember what they said! This is the way I remember winter and I'm not even that old!!

dcsnomo

Pathetic.

*eyes OP with disgust*

I hear San Diego is a good place to live if you're dull, boring and have no character.

I'm teasing btw.

Sure, rub it in, as this is the year we decided not to winter in San Diego!

Character or not, I would love to ride my bike to Woody's for breakfast today and watch the beach volleyball practice. Instead, I'm driving across Canada, leaving today.