winter trips 2011-2012

polarisrider1

Whohas made plans already for out west trip (s). I am locked in for Cooke City and Island Park again this year. Looking to set up one more out west trip. How about you?

lookin4snow

11-12 Trips

Right now I am locked in for Togwotee between X-mas and New Years. I will also be doing a Snowies trip in February sometime, and then will go back to Togwotee the second week of March 2012.

cuzzinolaf

There is a chance of Cooke between Christmas and New Year, I'd like to hit Alpine, WY but dunno if it will happen... and am thinking there is a chance of checking out Albany Lodge in the Snowies late in the season.

I'm sure this will change 10 times between now and winter so scratch it all LOL.

polarisrider1

There is a chance of Cooke between Christmas and New Year, I'd like to hit Alpine, WY but dunno if it will happen... and am thinking there is a chance of checking out Albany Lodge in the Snowies late in the season.

I'm sure this will change 10 times between now and winter so scratch it all LOL.

Cuzz, we may have room for you on Cooke City trip. check with moms asap because we are close to booked if not already. IP is totally booked with 27-28 of us going. Keep me in the loop on your plans. Maybe we could pull off the Lava Mtn. trip in a much smaller version we had planned 2 years back when all the snow melted on us before we got there.

cuzzinolaf

Cuzz, we may have room for you on Cooke City trip. check with moms asap because we are close to booked if not already. IP is totally booked with 27-28 of us going. Keep me in the loop on your plans. Maybe we could pull off the Lava Mtn. trip in a much smaller version we had planned 2 years back when all the snow melted on us before we got there.

I would go if it wasn't a week solid. Why can't they do a trip over a weekend?

polarisrider1

I would go if it wasn't a week solid. Why can't they do a trip over a weekend?

More economical to travel on both weekends and ride during week. Only need to take 5 days vacation to get a 9 day trip. Got to count travel time in there. Week room rates are also better since weekend warriors will pay top dollar to stay on friday and saturday only.

cuzzinolaf

More economical to travel on both weekends and ride during week. Only need to take 5 days vacation to get a 9 day trip. Got to count travel time in there. Week room rates are also better since weekend warriors will pay top dollar to stay on friday and saturday only.

Ehhhh, all good in theory but I doubt I'll do it because I'm really only good for three days of good riding. I like the drive out Wednesday night, ride Thursday late, Friday and Saturday and head up Saturday night or Sunday. After chatting with Pat I think I'm gonna check out Albany the next time I hit the Snowies.

polarisrider1

Ehhhh, all good in theory but I doubt I'll do it because I'm really only good for three days of good riding. I like the drive out Wednesday night, ride Thursday late, Friday and Saturday and head up Saturday night or Sunday. After chatting with Pat I think I'm gonna check out Albany the next time I hit the Snowies.

I am pretty beat after the first 3 days also. I have been known to take the 3rd or 4th day off to see the sites in town (if there is one) then ride hard the last day or two.

polarisrider1

Sitting on the fence about 10 mile on west side of snowies. Cuzz, What about Lava mtn. area with 4 guys? and drive out. I know my way around there enough to get us into the good stuff.

cuzzinolaf

How about Cooke City for a week? or the Lava trip with a small group of guys.

I'd be willing to do 3 days of vacation (maybe 4) at most and it has to be over a weekend. I'd prefer to arrive back at home by 5pm or earlier on the day before I have to return from work. If you can setup something with that criteria I'm all in.

Sucks working for the man but it is what it is.

polarisrider1

Why don't you circle Lake Michigan with us and we can discuss it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :p

I am doing a Toys for tots fund raiser Sat. afternoon and have a Eagleriders Club meeting Sunday at 1:30pm. I can only give you Thursday night and Friday all day.

polarisrider1

The toys for tots is a motorcycle poker run with beer tent and band at the end. Oh and after the club meeting on sunday I have an advanced boater safety class at 3pm. I belong to to many clubs. I tried to get some fellow Eagle Riders to go with us and they reminded me about the run on saturday and they were not smiling. I am a Road Captain and suppose to help with the run. I told them we had this planned for months, so sat. Morning I have to head back to Grand Haven asap. What time you guys going to make it to the boat on thursday?