winter trips 2011-2012

muzik

Is no one married. I told my wife that I am planning three trips this year. Da UP in Feb six days, Island Park in Marcheight days, and Ten Mile in April eight days and she looked at me like I am crazy and said I thought you only go on two trips a year. And You never take me anywhere. So I told her she can come riding anytime she wants. There are novice groups.

Firecatguy

Is no one married. I told my wife that I am planning three trips this year. Da UP in Feb six days, Island Park in Marcheight days, and Ten Mile in April eight days and she looked at me like I am crazy and said I thought you only go on two trips a year. And You never take me anywhere. So I told her she can come riding anytime she wants. There are novice groups.

Been there Done that......she did not care for sledding........Kinda like that song...me or fishing......well I sure like sledding!!!!!!

Hoosier

I wonder the same thing! Of course I have 3 small children also so riding is very limited these days...I still like to read about everyone else's stories...

muzik

So, I have planted the seed to my wife of the three trips I would like to take this Winter. She said three??? You never take me anywhere. That little seed has taken root and she may be OK for three week long trips.

polarisrider1

So, I have planted the seed to my wife of the three trips I would like to take this Winter. She said three??? You never take me anywhere. That little seed has taken root and she may be OK for three week long trips.

My kids are grown, so don't have that preasure. (they out ride me on my equipment). I tell my wife what I am doing and she say's fine. She likes having the entire bed to herself, along with the remote, nobody asks her how much more wine you drinking? and not having to listen to me snore is vacation enough. Married 31 years, must be doing something right. But she is talking about a cruise or Hawaii sometime in her life. (I have no use for either). Oh and we have a place in Florida I haven't ever seen...ever. neighbors say it is still standing, My mother and an aunt from Canada use it when not rented. I have 2 west trips locked in with a sitting on the fence to 10 mile (snowies) this season. As many northern adventures that deep snow allows. Suspect Wawa will be out due to my friends seem to not be able to cross the border for various reasons.

frosty

My kids are grown, so don't have that preasure. (they out ride me on my equipment). I tell my wife what I am doing and she say's fine. She likes having the entire bed to herself, along with the remote, nobody asks her how much more wine you drinking?

Amen to that Brother!!!

Cuzz, Polarisrider, I'm in for a trip out west.

Cuzz, I'm with you on the 4 day excursion, after that, to much!

polarisrider1

Amen to that Brother!!!

Cuzz, Polarisrider, I'm in for a trip out west.

Cuzz, I'm with you on the 4 day excursion, after that, to much!

I usually do two days hard riding then goof of a day seeing the sites visiting local saloon etc. Then two days at it again. Brain say's hit it hard non stop, body say's, "yea right". Drive out with Cuzz, but you guys need to venture farther than the snowies is my opinon.

polarisrider1

New sled is in. Got many pics of it. Giddy as a school girl!

Attachments

• 2011-08-26_11-27-18_396.jpg
    2011-08-26_11-27-18_396.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 2011-08-26_11-27-25_888.jpg
    2011-08-26_11-27-25_888.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

zimmbob

Me and buddies are heading to Steamboat Lake CO the end of January. Found a very nice big house 1/2 mile from SLO so we can all stay together. Stayed at SLO last year and they were fabulous. Just nice to have all 8 guys in one place for the evening festivities, eating, etc... We had great snow and a fab time last year, and now we know where we are going, so it should even be better to adventure into places unknown as well.

jmom800x

here is the schedule for my club.....join up and take an affordable route out west.
11 Mountain trips PLUS summer and fall fun too....momsmotorsports.com

November 9th-16th
Glamis, CA - Sand Dunes
Michigan to CA
75-Toys
40-Riders

December 10th-16th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan then west

January 8th-13th
Island Park, ID
Michigan then west

January 22nd-27th
Cooke City, MT
Michigan then west

February 5th-10th
Island Park, ID(West Yellowstone)
Michigan, Minneapolis then west

February 12th-16th
Cooke City, MT
Minneapolis area pick ups, then west

February 19th-24th
Lava Mountain, WY on Togwotee Pass
Milwaukee area pick ups, then west

February 26th-March 1st
Ten Mile, WY
Milwaukee and Minneapolis area pick ups

March 5th-10th
Michigan, South Bend Indiana, then west

March 18th-23rd
Michigan, then west

April 1st-6th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan, I-80 west

April 15th-20th
Ten Mile, WY
Michigan then west

August 2012
Sturgis, SD - Bike Week
Michigan to SD

August 2012
IDAHO OR MONTANA - Bikes Out WEST Week
Michigan to WEST

HAYDAYS 2012
Michigan to MN

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Nice one Wayne!

What do-dads are you going to add? :D
Ordered Slide Kicks, Mountain Addiction gas tank, under seat bag and currently shopping for a tunnel bag. Trying to get away from a backpack a bit. My son had a freak accident with a tunnel bag and handlebars out to Tog. 2 years back. Tec vest, 2way radio and beacon I will always wear.