World Record: Longest Snowmobile Journey

favoritos

Keep on riding.

You ride the exact areas that we do. I am hoping to run into you when we get up there Nick. We are staying with Gene and Char next week in Wakefield.(pretty sure you know the place) Copper Harbor is always in the plans at least once a week.

PolarisHutch

Nick, My brother and I met you on the 19Th (last Tuesday night) at the mobile in Bergland. Your doing a heck of a job at promoting awareness and raising money for a great cause! I'm sure your over 10,000 miles now and close to the record! so congrats, perseverance pays off!

Whats the most miles you have ever done in one day Nick?

snowballcancer

Hello PolarisHutch! I do remember you and your brother. Thank you so much. I just finished up day 35 with a total so far of 10,803. I have done many days of 400 + days for riding but the most I have done is 450 miles in one day (that would be Day: 20 of my ride). You can check out my blog at www.snowballcancer.org to view all of the details of my ride. You can also see maps of my daily ride for each day or can track me with my SPOT tracker where I am at throughout the day. It maps my location every 10 minutes. You can also see that on the blog pages at the top.

Also, keep a look out for SledHead 24/7 for filming this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and words of encouragement!

Last edited:

homan

Saw you in Mass City Wednesday Evening

Hi, we were getting gas at the BP in Mass city and you were pulling out. Good luck!

snowballcancer

Hello everyone!

Well, I am finally down to 687 miles until I match the current record of 12,163 miles in 60 days straight. I just finished day 37 and hope to actually do the official breaking on Wednesday morning which will be the start to day 40 (I hope to do this right in Ironwood, MI). I will give more updates as I get closer.

snowballcancer

Well, I went riding from Ironwood, MI up to the peak of Copper Harbor and back today. Put on 448 miles on day: 38 of my journey. I only have 239 more miles to go! I plan on taking it easy tomorrow and doing the official 'unofficial' world record breaking on Wednesday, February 3rd in Ironwood, MI. I am hoping to do it in Hiawatha Park by the big indian. Everyone is welcome to join.

Looking for more detail on Snowball Cancer Challenge please visit www.snowballcancer.org.

favoritos

Impressive. I am amazed how you put on the miles. We plopped a little over 300 on Saturday on the Copper Harbor run and it was brutal fighting the traffic and the trails. That was just one day.

We had hoped to be there for that event but a Texas boss just does not understand snowmobiling. grumble.

People, please be there for Nick and this cause. This is a world record in our sport and our neck of the woods.

snowballcancer

Knock...Knock...I am coming knocking on your door current record! After today's ride of 237 miles, I am officially only 2 miles away from the current record of 12,163 miles in 60 straight days. I will do the official breaking of the record (on Day: 40) in the morning between 9am -10am in Ironwood, MI at the park. Then I will go out for a relaxed day of riding with friends, family, and all who want to join me. Then on the following day (day: 41 of the ride) I will have to get back to work of riding hard again to see how high I can really go.

Hope people are enjoying watching and for all the support with the cancer fundraiser.

PolarisHutch

Congrats Nick, that is an outstanding accomplishment!!! Enjoy your ride tomorrow and have fun crushing the record over the next 20 days!

megan600

Hey Nick wish we could be there to see your record breaking moment! Congratulations, this is a great accomplishment for a great cause....YOUR MOM WOULD BE PROUD!!! But I'm sure you already know that! :) Enjoy this awesome day.

snoprox

congratulations Nik, i knew you would getter done. Keep up the great work and cause.....
Wally
@ Cloverland Rentals

snowballcancer

As of 9:35am (CST) I have surpassed the current record! My godchild's son got to sit on the sled with me and be the first to witness the mile. Now only the sky is the limit how high I can go. Happy riding everyone!