World Record: Longest Snowmobile Journey

upbarleyboy

Unfortunately I average only 1000 miles a year. I haven't ridden as many miles in 17 years as you've done in less than 2 months. WOW!! Now that's some serious riding, and for a great cause. Fantastic job of setting a goal and reaching and surpassing it.

favoritos

We did see Nick on trail 3 this past Tuesday. We had a dead sled and plenty of time to watch the sleds.

Nick, I can not believe you are doing that riding alone. You must put in some late days?

Keep up the great effort for the cause.

snowballcancer

As of yesterday evening (Day: 58) I have a total of 18,854 miles on my sled. This morning (Day: 59) I am taking the ride back down to Richmond, MN from Ironwood, MI. I am hoping for about 300 + miles for the day. We will have to see how the trails are along the way. For my final day of the snowmobile journey on Tuesday, February 23rd, I will be riding around Minnesota putting on the last miles for the record books. If anyone would like to come join in on the celebration, we are meeting at the Richmond River Station around 4:30pm Tuesday 23rd! Thank you everyone for all your support. I will report back after my final mile totals are complete. Or if you want to check it out directly from my website at www.snowballcancer.org.

megan600

Still just amazes me...great dedication. Good luck in the home stretch here. Hope you have great weather and trails for your final two days.

attack_06

hello nick

ryan here met u last thur night round 9 pm at citgo in hurley talked for 5 min then had to laf seen u less than 24 hr later going by my group at trail inter 109 8 15 just north of sidnaw as it was getting dark and didnt realize it was u until right in front of me and u were gone heading north we were facing south headin for ironriver 217 mi that day from hurley thru porkies to iron forgot to tell u my dad died in 95 at age of 58 from colan cancer and affecting his liver i was 23 at time man was that rough watching strong farmer go down hill i will make donation to ur site

snobuilder

Sorry to hear your track tore up,....hope you were able to get back on the trail. Was it the original track, if not how many miles did it have on it? I would be interested in a list of replaced items through your incredible 60 days. Thanks for your dedication.

snowballcancer

Well, I finally finished my 60 day Longest Snowmobile Journey world record attempt for Snowball Cancer Challenge run. I finished with 19,506 miles! I was overwhelmed with the homecoming welcome that I received. Thank you everyone for all your support. I have to say that the 2010 RS Vector GT ran as great on day 60 as it was on day 1. It is the greatest machine I have ever ridden in 38 years of sledding. The sleds handling and ride is simply amazing.

www.snowballcancer.org

snowballcancer

Well, now that it is about 8 days after my world record attempt - I am finally feeling more rested and coming out of the exhaustion. It has taken a little time to re-bound back, but it is slowly coming. I am continuing to book radio, newspaper, and magazine interviews along with booking club meetings as well. I want people to keep remembering the Keller Family Community Foundation and why I wanted to do the 60 day world record attempt in the first place…to help people with cancer. As the board is just starting out and going to be meeting again soon, we are hoping for anyone with ideas or suggestions on other events/fundraisers to please email our foundation at snowballcancer@gmail.com. We are also open for ideas on how we could include other snowmobile clubs from all different states into a fundraising event as well. We want to keep the snowmobiling concept ‘helping people’ going. We want to keep KFCF alive and on people’s minds. Thanks in advance for all of your support and suggestions!

Can check out more information on the web: www.snowballcancer.org