Yamaha dual runner skis

wfd123

Has anyone got a hold of a pair of these? Have been trying to buy a pair but they all seem to be back ordered or the dealer only got one set and they were sold. Suppose the be available 11/2011 ya right. If you have do they work better than any other ski yamaha has ever put on there sleds?

whitedust

Asked dealer last week no idea on delivery yet. However a few on TY just received their dual tracks last week so TY should have some feedback soon. Dealer said Yam engineering feedback was good on dual tracks at Derby.

I hope they all get them soon,maybe more blue sleds will stay on the right side of the trail,i cant believe they have not used a better ski before now.:)

F

fusion

Not certain if the duel runner ski was the subject of the critique, but a "certain" carbide manufacturer says the new Yamaha Apex ski is "Pathetic"
Direct quote.
This is a highly reputable, high end, carbide manufacturer with an engineering degree, and he also called them, "potentially dangerous"
The guy does alot of testing on his equipment to make sure it works with what he manufactures.
The std. ski works fine with the proper setup. (2009 Apex)
I won't be laying down any cash for Yam ski's.

Last edited:

Fletch Rider

I ordered a pair of the Dual Runner skis in September and my dealer called today saying they've arrived.

I currently have the new Apex skis with Shaper bars installed and I did not find them to be "Pathetic". In fact, I almost decided to just stay with them but I don't care for the blue ski loops. They wanted $80 for black ski loops, so I'll just go with the Dual Runner skis and see how they perform.

whitedust

Not certain if the duel runner ski was the subject of the critique, but a "certain" carbide manufacturer says the new Yamaha Apex ski is "Pathetic"
Direct quote.
This is a highly reputable, high end, carbide manufacturer with an engineering degree, and he also called them, "potentially dangerous"
The guy does alot of testing on his equipment to make sure it works with what he manufactures.
The std. ski works fine with the proper setup. (2009 Apex)
I won't be laying down any cash for Yam ski's.

Bergstrom slammed the 2011 Yami ski for EPs 1st time he saw it way back when. Don't know exactly what he did not like but far as I know there has been no performance problems. The dual runner ski is new this year & a few guys are just getting them now to try with various Yam dual carbide set ups on all sleds.

whitedust

I ordered a pair of the Dual Runner skis in September and my dealer called today saying they've arrived.

I currently have the new Apex skis with Shaper bars installed and I did not find them to be "Pathetic". In fact, I almost decided to just stay with them but I don't care for the blue ski loops. They wanted $80 for black ski loops, so I'll just go with the Dual Runner skis and see how they perform.

How much for skis & carbides? What sled? Please let us know what you think once you get to ride with them installed?

Fletch Rider

I'll be picking them up this weekend. Have a 2011 Apex SE with 114 studs. Going with 2" and 6" set-up. No snow in SE WI so first ride with them installed won't be until the weekend of Feb 4th when I head north. Will let you know how they perform.

ecopter

I have four hundred miles on the new Yamaha dual keel ski. Square host bar with six inches carbide on outside and round host bar with 4 inches on the inside. First time with any ski that I've had no push in the corners (fast corners). Ski lift is minimal, but still present if you get lazy. My carbide set up is defined as aggressive on the new skis' explanation graph and that's what I wanted. I've got a little bit of rear end waggle, but I'm not studded. Tracking was good with a minor darting; but everyone's sled had the same symptons that day. The main thing I really like was feeling confident in the skis biting while holding speed in tight turns. Also, they didn't seem to scrub any speed; 118 on the lake.

Personally for the price, I'm glad I tried these out. Obviously floatation would be an issue since they're still narrow, but I'm a trail rider and could care less about floatation.

jf

jstreh

I finally found a set of skis yesterday!!! I'm going up to Hancock on Wednesday. Can't wait to try them on my 07 Attak.

whitedust

I finally found a set of skis yesterday!!! I'm going up to Hancock on Wednesday. Can't wait to try them on my 07 Attak.

Please let us know how you like them? I also have 07 attak GT & would set up with agresssive Yam carbides with 108 studs down the center. I'm trying to get some apples to apples comps to 8" triple points on stock skis.

D

Deleted member 10829

Is this really Yamaha's first dually skis? They've been around forever!

D

Deleted member 10829

You could say that about 50% of the posts on this website, at least it was a question about the topic. And your response was meant to do what?

whitedust

Is this really Yamaha's first dually skis? They've been around forever!
Yes this is an exclusive Yam design bolt on dual runner ski not at all like precison or pilot skis.The ski has 2 tapered runners about middle of ski & is tunable via several carbide set ups. If you want to see picture & get more info go to TY & do search. Several mags also wrote features on new Yam dual runner skis along with their thoughts. Demand has been very high but delivery has been slow & the ski is just hitting the snow with a few riders so all the information regarding handling is very dear to Yam riders of all model Yam sleds. This is a big deal to Yam owners just as info regarding poo reflash was dear to poo riders for poo 2s engines. I hope this gives you a better understanding regarding the Yam dual runner ski as will be hot topic for about a year & everyones view is important regarding handling per Yam sled year & model with carbide set up. I like to hear about improvements to all brands because I'm open to purchase any brand & want to be informed but if not interested then just ingnor as will be TT a lot. I hope this helps. :)

ecopter

To keep the original post on track. Now we have four wasted responses people have to sift through. Also, while you may imply your post was a question sort of on topic, it was really just another sarcastic jab aimed at Yamaha.

Last edited:

ecopter

WD,

I opted to go with a set up not even listed on the dual keel's graph. If it were, it would be listed just before the most agressive (two square host bars w/carbide) set up. I'm not sure why Yamaha didn't test with the combination I have on, but I do have another square bar that I just may try come Monday morning. I really couldn't believe the difference in how the sled bit in the corners. I previously had Snotrackers (something I'll never put on again / dangerous), then I put on 6" shapers. I also tried the channel of the Snotrackers (without the carbide) and coupled that channel with the shapers. That was good for no darting, but scrubbed speed and pushed.

These new skis really work.

jf