Yamaha dual runner skis

jstreh

Put 325 miles on my 07 attack GT LTX in the U.P. late last week. I have mine set up with the 11MM square 6" carbide on the inside and out. The skis seemed to turn more consistantly than the O.E.M. skis but I usually ride in northern Wisconsin where the turns are more icey so I won't have a true feeling for them until I ride back there next weekend.
One drawback is that my sled has developed a "darting" issue with these skis. Seems impossible with dual carbides but it was definitaly an issue. I tried backing the front springs off a few turns and it helped some but not enough to my satisfaction. I still have to check my ski alignment and I had installed a spacer on the back 1/2 of the rubber cushion for the ski mount that I will try removing. More to follow with more riding!!!

whitedust

Put 325 miles on my 07 attack GT LTX in the U.P. late last week. I have mine set up with the 11MM square 6" carbide on the inside and out. The skis seemed to turn more consistantly than the O.E.M. skis but I usually ride in northern Wisconsin where the turns are more icey so I won't have a true feeling for them until I ride back there next weekend.
One drawback is that my sled has developed a "darting" issue with these skis. Seems impossible with dual carbides but it was definitaly an issue. I tried backing the front springs off a few turns and it helped some but not enough to my satisfaction. I still have to check my ski alignment and I had installed a spacer on the back 1/2 of the rubber cushion for the ski mount that I will try removing. More to follow with more riding!!!

Does not sound good on Apex LTX over stockers skis with triple points. I"m looking for less steering effort although stockers skis with triple points do ok in effort dept but always looking for better performamce no pushing or darting. The Dual Runner skis may not be worth the change for me. Thanks keep tweaking see if you can improve with more experience?

F

fusion

Ahem...Whitedust - you should trust the comment of a certain carbide manufacturer - he's pretty smart, as has been proven by setups on a couple of Yamaha's myself. He would have alot to lose if he couldn't prove some of those very critical comments. There is a reason people pay the big bucks for those triple points, shims and ski-savers.

whitedust

Ahem...Whitedust - you should trust the comment of a certain carbide manufacturer - he's pretty smart, as has been proven by setups on a couple of Yamaha's myself. He would have alot to lose if he couldn't prove some of those very critical comments. There is a reason people pay the big bucks for those triple points, shims and ski-savers.

Fusion you are off topic here. Bergstrom did not like Yam 2011 or 2012 single keel ski which has nothing to do with new dual runner skis just released. Bergstrom has not seen are evaluated this new dual runner ski. I thought you were confused from other posts but now know you are thinking 2011 or 2012 single keel Yam skis & not subject of this thread. However I do agree Bergstrom rasied design concerns regarding the 2011 & 2012 single keel skis. Bergstrom will probably embrace new Yam dual runner skis & will sell an excellent carbide combination that I would purchase from him but he needs time to use & know what is best for the market. Are we on the same page yet?

L

lenny

700 miles on new skis 4 inch carbides, no darting, no push in corners, good bite in corners, may try 6 inch carbides one per ski, snow was mushey in western UP this past week, had slim jim duallys on yamaha skis- no darting but had a tendency to push in corners. I think this should be Yamaha's ski for all model's in the future IMHO.

Dan, on the Yamaha ride last week we rode the 2013 Nytro xtx with this new tuner ski, it does rock. They tested many different carbide configurations and said the 2" worked the best. Now on your Apex xtx it may be a different story, Kip may have some info if you haven't already asked him.

dwz

Thank's Lenny, just bought 2012 Vector LTX from Kip and had him put on his last pair of dual runners, can't wait to test them out on Wendsday. Hope to do some riding with you this week on forest roads and maybe that WORLD CLASS [on the trail] cookout! Lon and I are bringing UP our daughters for Daddy/Daughter week.

L

lenny

good chance that may just happen. OldManDave and brad may be here also around wed or thurs

jstreh

Straightened out the ski alignment and rode some in the U.P. and around St. Germain last weekend. Seems like everything I do helps to reduce darting issue and is not effecting the supurb turning ability of these skis. I lengthened the limiter strap after I rode last weekend to see if helps the darting even more. I'll try that out in 2 weeks back in the U.P. All the adjustments that I made so far has also reduced the steering effort. More to follow in a couple of weeks.

whitedust

Straightened out the ski alignment and rode some in the U.P. and around St. Germain last weekend. Seems like everything I do helps to reduce darting issue and is not effecting the supurb turning ability of these skis. I lengthened the limiter strap after I rode last weekend to see if helps the darting even more. I'll try that out in 2 weeks back in the U.P. All the adjustments that I made so far has also reduced the steering effort. More to follow in a couple of weeks.

Did you leave the spacer in? I would have as will/should give you more even wear.

wags

Now that the season is over how about those who installed these new Yamaha skies give us experiences with them!

whitedust

Mags say all Nytros should use new tuner skis handling a lot less nervous. Apex LTX performance difficult to get maybe already using another ski?

dwz

Put them on 2011 Apex XTX and 2012 Vector LTX, 6/4 carbides on Apex and 4/2 on Vector, 3500 miles on Apex with this set UP, 1000 miles on Vector. All I can say is best money spent for handling/cornering. No darting, no push in corners[like slim jim's], ski lift only if you want it, and power steering is the CAT'S MEOW!

whitedust

Put them on 2011 Apex XTX and 2012 Vector LTX, 6/4 carbides on Apex and 4/2 on Vector, 3500 miles on Apex with this set UP, 1000 miles on Vector. All I can say is best money spent for handling/cornering. No darting, no push in corners[like slim jim's], ski lift only if you want it, and power steering is the CAT'S MEOW!

Thanks but want to know how skis perform on Yam Apex LTX without EPS a lot more sleds out there than with EPS?

D

Deleted member 10829

Both the new Snow Goer and American Snowmobiler have small articles on these new skis in the 2013 model previews and give them high praise. They just wonder why it took so long.