You never thought it'd happen to you

indy_500

Went to bed Tuesday night with the weatherman saying, small thunderstorm coming our way but dying down, probably going to just be a few sprinkles. Woke up to destroyed homes and 60k+ people out of power. We got our power back 36 hours later, My work is still out of power this will be my 2nd day off, many homes destroyed, many still without power (some may be as many as 5 days). We were one of the lucky ones with no damage (we cut nearly all the trees down in our yard 2 years ago as one ripped up out of the ground and started leaning towards a house from a storm).

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 260
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 243
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 253

indy_500

Few more

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 163
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 169
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 151

indy_500

On a positive note my truck survived the storm, spent its first night out of the garage since I bought it 2 months ago, just happened to be the night an F2 tornado went through!

Attachments

• TRUCK 002.jpg
    TRUCK 002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 164

ezra

what do u mean 2 days off .that looks like the kind of storm that a kid with a truck trailer and a saw could make 3 or 4 grand in 2 days

mezz

Close call, glad to hear you & your family are all OK. Now, as ez sez, go make some money!-Mezz

D

Deleted member 10829

Glad you came through it ok Indy! Nice looking truck, but go Ford next time ;)

krupps_resort

Sorry for all the devastation. I highly respect tornados. I've lived thru 2, have seen destruction unbelievable and have lost many close family friends. One of our neighbors lost all 7 their family members. Such tragedy. Just can't take life for granted. Makes one value life differently. Grateful you & yours are OK, Indy.

snoseekr2

Glad your ok, the one that went through adams last year skipped right over my dads house he got real lucky too.

Last edited:

indy_500

Thanks every one, haven't heard of any related deaths so that is very good! We energies is still cruising around fixing powerlines, still a lot of them down. Roads look like tunnels with brush piled up down the sides of them. No chainsaw so no money making for me. Wasn't so bad to have 2 days off, haven't had a day off since september other than weekends and holidays.Hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow though, sucks not getting paid!

blu2u2

IMG_2973 (640x480).jpg Glad to hear that you didn't have any damage indy! Ken's Sports near my house had a lot of damage to two of their buildings (see photo). My sled is in getting fixed so I hope it is ok....

indy_500

View attachment 41167 Glad to hear that you didn't have any damage indy! Ken's Sports near my house had a lot of damage to two of their buildings (see photo). My sled is in getting fixed so I hope it is ok....

If you didn't have a Yamaha it wouldn't be in the shop getting fixed! LOL just kidding. Hopefully kens didn't take too big of a hit as they have A LOT of inventory. According to We energies map my work is still out of power. Kind of a bummer going on 3 days with no pay.

blu2u2

If you didn't have a Yamaha it wouldn't be in the shop getting fixed! LOL just kidding. Hopefully kens didn't take too big of a hit as they have A LOT of inventory. According to We energies map my work is still out of power. Kind of a bummer going on 3 days with no pay.

It is an AC and it got a little too hot last March...LOL my prior Yamaha's only had issues with the spindles.

I live out by Huckleberry Acres and they got destroyed. Figure 80% of the campers were totalled and most of the trees went down. We had lost power for about 30 hours so no water either. Glad to hear you made it out alright. I drive through Hortonville everyday on my way to work and they got blasted, on 15 from New London to Hortonville you can see right where the tornado went.

indy_500

I live out by Huckleberry Acres and they got destroyed. Figure 80% of the campers were totalled and most of the trees went down. We had lost power for about 30 hours so no water either. Glad to hear you made it out alright. I drive through Hortonville everyday on my way to work and they got blasted, on 15 from New London to Hortonville you can see right where the tornado went.

Yup right on highway 15 by manley rd where the railroad tracks cross, that horse farm lost everything, all 9 horses died, the tornado continued along the railroad tracks basically and then down 15/OO. I work off of OO (northland/15) we didn't get power back until yesterday at 630 am it was out for about 54 hours.