10-13 MI Snowmobile Fatalities report

polarisrider1

I have to assume you are being sarcastic about the signs. If not and you would like to open that can of worms, check out the other topic - probably 200 comments pro/con for the new sign policy

I am ready to rock. But time to let it die, no pun intended.

Firecatguy

ummm NO! That's totally incorrect. You'll need to read the actual data not just jump to conclusion

um well ok enlighten us Lenny how the **** do you hit a tree in a staright away? or does common sense tell you that less sinage and rise in TREE hits is kinda a close paralle to less sign = more crashes into trees as you miss the turn? or wait its cuz they where dribnking and missed it or wait it cuz there was more snow then in past.........Really.........well lenny back in 2000ish there was no snow anywhere and the UP seen huge traffic and the stats where way down for fatals I belive it was 7ish...yes Lenny I do read them stats I see this is your first time ever seeing that there is a full report on every accident I do go and read this stuff every year for Mi,Wi and Mn so this is not my first rodeo there Cowbow....

if you ever rode in Mn you might understand why signage is important..I will tell you one reason we stoped riding in mn and made our way to Up was the better trail sys and the way it was signed...yes belive it or not I spent alot years riding in Mich becuse the signage is Superior to MN...I have a friend from high school die here in town becuse one sign was knocked down off a trail and he hit a tree at the opening where you had to make a turn....yes sign was laying on the ground.....Belive me Lenny come ride mn once tell me how less is better and when your looking up the stats look and see how many we have here in any given year

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Some in here would also like to see this on the trail for every tree, and then a sign to inform you of a tree sign. Wow, we would need a couple billion signs each.

Attachments

• tree-sign.jpg
    tree-sign.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 46

Firecatguy

Some in here would also like to see this on the trail for every tree, and then a sign to inform you of a tree sign. Wow, we would need a couple billion signs each.

no Wayne just a sign for turns...no one is asking for a sign for every tree....see Wayne this is what I am talking about the jokes in theses threads seem childish....becuse your not willing to discuse this but you seem to be very one sided on it then you throw stupid jokes..now becuse i disagree with you you guys will make popcorn jokes then turn this into a kindergarden thing....you guys who do this thread after thread need to take a deep breath and understand not everyone here is a 10year vet of this site and has talked and beaten every topic to death!! I for one dont ever get sick of disusion of these subjects! I do get sick of people with the "my way or nothing" then make stupid jokes to belittle the situation

Last edited:

Firecatguy

Here I looked up one accident from this season and you in no way shape or form can you tell me this was not a sign issue???

The Associated Press

SAULT STE. MARIE - A downstate woman died as the result of a fatal snowmobile accident that occurred over the weekend in eastern Upper Peninsula.

That crash was one of four fatal snowmobile accidents in Michigan since Friday.

Deputies from Chippewa County Sheriff's Office said Terri F. Tarzwell-Klee, 48, of Deckerville, Mich. was driving a Yamaha snowmobile when she lost control on a curve and ran into a tree in Chippewa County's Trout Lake Township.

Tarzwell-Klee was ejected from her sled and unconscious at the scene.

She was transported to War Memorial Hospital in Sault Ste. Marie where she died from her injuries, officials said.

Deputies said that just prior to the accident, she had her nine-year-old daughter riding with her and she stopped allowing the girl to switch sleds and ride with her father.

Initial reports indicate that neither excessive speed nor alcohol appears to be a contributing factor.

The accident remains under investigation.

Assisting at the scene was the Department of Natural Resources and Trout Lake Fire and Ambulance.

btw where do you find this season stats that some say they read already? reports dont come out till end of season from state........

Dave_B

no Wayne just a sign for turns...no one is asking for a sign for every tree....see Wayne this is what I am talking about the jokes in theses threads seem childish....becuse your not willing to discuse this but you seem to be very one sided on it then you throw stupid jokes..now becuse i disagree with you you guys will make popcorn jokes then turn this into a kindergarden thing....you guys who do this thread after thread need to take a deep breath and understand not everyone here is a 10year vet of this site and has talked and beaten every topic to death!! I for one dont ever get sick of disusion of these subjects! I do get sick of people with the "my way or nothing" then make stupid jokes to belittle the situation

With all due respect and no offense intended, while I enjoy reading your posts, you always have a negative spin to everything, no matter who the poster is. I have also been on here a long time and been through all the topics countless times, there is nothing wrong with off the wall comments. None are offensive and none of us in which you are referring to have a "my way or nothing" mentality.

Just lighten up. If you've had enough of the same thing over and over, try a different site. Otherwise, join the ride with the old folks and the newbies with the rest of us.

Dave

Firecatguy

With all due respect and no offense intended, while I enjoy reading your posts, you always have a negative spin to everything, no matter who the poster is. I have also been on here a long time and been through all the topics countless times, there is nothing wrong with off the wall comments. None are offensive and none of us in which you are referring to have a "my way or nothing" mentality.

Just lighten up. If you've had enough of the same thing over and over, try a different site. Otherwise, join the ride with the old folks and the newbies with the rest of us.

Dave

that cuz your one of em..........remeber I said this to you in a thread just last week? I gues that why you see me as a negative person.....but then your childish jokes are welcome by most

why Dave B do you feel the need to make stupid jokes without adding any content to the thread? It is old Dave B you are the second biggest violater

Last edited:

2TrakR

Here I looked up one accident from this season and you in no way shape or form can you tell me this was not a sign issue???<SNIP>
btw where do you find this season stats that some say they read already? reports dont come out till end of season from state........

That accident could have been from an icy corner, an unstudded machine and lack of experience. Lots of "could have been" as to the contributing factor. Definitely could have been sign related... or not.

MI DNR has reports posted on their site; I have a copy that is newer than was posted as of 2 nights ago. I'm sure they will update pretty soon.

When I read the reports, I see that people hit trees on curves, going straight, down county roads, unmarked forest roads, going down channels, across lakes, open fields, all kinds of scenarios. There is nothing in there that indicates curves on Designated Trails are the common factor. It's also clear that they crashed on curves on Designated Trails under the previous signing system (which many feel was "overly" signed). To me, that seems pretty conclusive that the change in the sign program for this season was not a contributing factor overall.

Dave_B

that cuz your one of em..........remeber I said this to you in a thread just last week? I gues that why you see me as a negative person.....but then your childish jokes are welcome by most

why Dave B do you feel the need to make stupid jokes without adding any content to the thread? It is old Dave B you are the second biggest violater

You did call me out and I told you to back up your accusations! You were never were able to back your claims with any evidence of posts that had content to comments YOU claimed I made! I don't know what your problem is but, I suggest you lighten up, Francis!

Like I said, you don't like the fact that some of us are light hearted and try to have a little fun in a forum designed around a sport that is all about fun then beat it! You want negative? I can be more negative than everyone who has gotten banned but that's not the point! Wayne and I are not "getting old" (well we are, age wise), you're getting bitter for some reason. Figure out why, then come back. It isn't us that is making your life as miserable as you make it appear on here!

I don't hear anyone else complaining about stupid lighthearted jokes or comments!

If someone else is having an issue with the postings of us dinosaurs, please pipe in. If we are really that "old" and out of line, I'd like to hear it from someone besides you.

I just had to dump my blown up sled for half of what is worth, have nothing to replace it with and can't ride in one of the best years we've seen in a long time yet, somehow, I'm able to keep a sense of humor!

I'm out! I suggest you do the same!

Dave Baxter

polarisrider1

This was not intended as a joke. It is sarcasm to get one thinking about, "If we really need so many signs. To me it is no different than a steep hill sign or a deer crossing sign. We have deer and hills all over the state we don't need a sign for it.

Last edited:

Dave_B

Not a place for those who can't spell.
Not a place for jokes. (I agree)
Not a place to take out some vendetta against users who, for some reason, you have some personal issues with. Even though we have never officially met.

Let's take it outside.

Firecatguy

Not a place for those who can't spell.
Not a place for jokes. (I agree)
Not a place to take out some vendetta against users who, for some reason, you have some personal issues with. Even though we have never officially met.

Let's take it outside.

bwhahaha Disagree with dave B and he will take the thread staright to the dump.......hey dave read back I was trying to add to thread.....I still dont see any where you added anything of use? oh ya and why do you feel the need to come to Wayne rescue? this is how we ened up in this place last time? if I disagree with Wayne i am soory if this chaps your ***....

L

lenny

um well ok enlighten us Lenny how the **** do you hit a tree in a staright away? or does common sense tell you that less sinage and rise in TREE hits is kinda a close paralle to less sign = more crashes into trees as you miss the turn? or wait its cuz they where dribnking and missed it or wait it cuz there was more snow then in past.........Really.........well lenny back in 2000ish there was no snow anywhere and the UP seen huge traffic and the stats where way down for fatals I belive it was 7ish...yes Lenny I do read them stats I see this is your first time ever seeing that there is a full report on every accident I do go and read this stuff every year for Mi,Wi and Mn so this is not my first rodeo there Cowbow....

if you ever rode in Mn you might understand why signage is important..I will tell you one reason we stoped riding in mn and made our way to Up was the better trail sys and the way it was signed...yes belive it or not I spent alot years riding in Mich becuse the signage is Superior to MN...I have a friend from high school die here in town becuse one sign was knocked down off a trail and he hit a tree at the opening where you had to make a turn....yes sign was laying on the ground.....Belive me Lenny come ride mn once tell me how less is better and when your looking up the stats look and see how many we have here in any given year

I think it is less reasonable to assume lack of sign is the problem before you consider all the other possibilities. Did you see the video I posted on the "revising trail signage" thread? Please check it out, I think it is right at the 5:30 spot. Page 1 post 9. he just about killed the person he missed by 20 ft. You assuming a sign problem is much more unrealistic than me assuming operator error. Here is a little extreme comparison, one guy blacks out for unknown reason and rides off the trail on a corner and hit a tree. His buddy going to fast follow him right into the same tree and dies. Have you ever played cat and mouse with your sleddin buddies and you all miss the corner, of just a few. Well I have and I am glad I don't ride that way anymore or I could have easily been a statistic. I made a mistake and piled into the woods, didn't die. People are making mistakes and you need to slow down and take in what's going on around you. If not you assume the risk involved inherently with a motorized vehicle. You assume the sign was the problem and I will bet you are one of a very few that will come to this conclusion, no disrespect here.

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Llnca5Bws50

Last edited:
L

lenny

come on gentleman, lets not do this. I screwed up last night,, don't be like me. No need to divide ourselves, Still snowing here like crazy. has to be close to 18" since it all started

Dave_B

Lenny - Selling the dead Dragon tomorrow, picking up it's replacement this weekend. Trying to make it up in a couple weeks, Care to ride?

L

lenny

Lenny - Selling the dead Dragon tomorrow, picking up it's replacement this weekend. Trying to make it up in a couple weeks, Care to ride?

sure thing! What's the replacement sled? My buddy just fixed his dragon and man it rocks. Sure you wanna do it?

Dave_B

bwhahaha Disagree with dave B and he will take the thread staright to the dump.......hey dave read back I was trying to add to thread.....I still dont see any where you added anything of use? oh ya and why do you feel the need to come to Wayne rescue? this is how we ened up in this place last time? if I disagree with Wayne i am soory if this chaps your ***....

I'm not arguing with you anymore. Your PM will cover it.