2013 Boating Season

polarisrider1

Starts in 6 weeks! Got some sledding to do in the mean time.
Are the boaters in here ready or is the winter going by way to fast?

ezra

I dont want to start thinking about it.
on the fence if bottom is getting painted this yr.

whitedust

I do have the itch since WI DNR supposed to pass new law in April allowing trolling on all WI inland lakes. In a couple of weeks 40-50s will be here sun already intense & trails in my area blow up quick & ice out mid April. April is pretty much a lost month here soggy & cold can't do much seems takes forever till May & back playing.

polarisrider1

Ready?
My wife, yes.
My wallet, not so much.

Detailer sent a bill, winter storage sent a bill, summer slip deposit and rental bill, I am sure the 200 gallon gas tank needs a few bucks in it, then the general maintance stuff for 2 engines, broke before we even start. Heck and I got to get in another "out west" trip. I am an expensive date! Lol.

tyeeman

Yep I fear that if I can't get out and ride a few miles this coming weekend that will be the end of this lousy winter. Marginal (at best) snow for most of the winter, sick for 6 weeks, , , didn't feel like riding till about 2 weeks ago.
I think I'm ready for the boat. At least I'll be guarenteed there will be water to float it on.
Close up the coolant system, put the muffs on and spark her up! I guess all the scenery that goes along with boating might be kinda welcome too once it warms up. ;)

miked

My boating season begins in one month, regardless of cold or ice! Heading down to Florida to pick up my new ride, spending a couple days bopping around Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, before trailering it 21 hours back to Chicago!

The big concern: WILL THERE BE ENOUGH WATER IN THE LAKE! Lake Michigan is so low right now, I don't think there's a ramp that is usable for me! Need more snow and rain, please!!!!

polarisrider1

Swung by the Marina today, sure looks different in the winter. Dock box and gas grill survived (tied them together). Moving 40 slips closer to the pool and hot tub. Not in party central but very close. Water is way low in Lake Michigan. As Commodore of the Yacht club this year I have a full plate. It will be fun! No living on the boat this year. (Bucket list item checked off).

ezra

Swung by the Marina today, sure looks different in the winter. Dock box and gas grill survived (tied them together). Moving 40 slips closer to the pool and hot tub. Not in party central but very close. Water is way low in Lake Michigan. As Commodore of the Yacht club this year I have a full plate. It will be fun! No living on the boat this year. (Bucket list item checked off).
I checked that one off 2 times in my life early 20s 9mo on a non seaworthy boat I lived in in Sausalito when the tide went out on a full moon it would lean a bit.
and late 20s almost a yr on my old Gibson on the st croix river. never again.real great living in a shrink wrapped gibby bubbled in in jan
unless I can get a chunk of river buy a old military salvage barge or tanker and build a 2400 sf 2 story home on it with a drop down bridge to drive my car in to the garage/hull/tank storage

eagle1

Was out sledding on the lake (Winnebago) and stopped by mom and dad who were ice fishing, over 30" of ice. Gonna be awhile for that to melt.

SledTL

Was out sledding on the lake (Winnebago) and stopped by mom and dad who were ice fishing, over 30" of ice. Gonna be awhile for that to melt.

There has to be enough water first...lol we couldn't get the boat off last summer that's how low it got. Took me and six friends to essentially lift it off the lift and then drag it. Also didn't get to take out the row boat with a new tohatsu forstroke bc the weeds were so high in the lake that it would just clog then over rev

whitedust

I checked that one off 2 times in my life early 20s 9mo on a non seaworthy boat I lived in in Sausalito when the tide went out on a full moon it would lean a bit.
and late 20s almost a yr on my old Gibson on the st croix river. never again.real great living in a shrink wrapped gibby bubbled in in jan
unless I can get a chunk of river buy a old military salvage barge or tanker and build a 2400 sf 2 story home on it with a drop down bridge to drive my car in to the garage/hull/tank storage

Nice new light show on the Golden Gate but not sure you can see from Sausalito side but maybe?? Thinking bout flying out to see from Warf in San Fran should be nice.:)

G

G

If Lake Mich gets too low my Alaskan is for sale. It floats in about 6 " of water. Then I can buy a new Skeeter.