2013 Boating Season

ezra

Nice new light show on the Golden Gate but not sure you can see from Sausalito side but maybe?? Thinking bout flying out to see from Warf in San Fran should be nice.:)
think it would be better to view on the other side in golden gate nat rec sitting on the rail of one of the old WW2 gunner fortresses with the waves crashing the walls below.
if not for all the whack job Communist yahoos in that part of the world I would still live there. it was a far less drive to Tahoe for un real snow than it is for me to the up for 1/2 ars snow

garyl62

Nice new light show on the Golden Gate but not sure you can see from Sausalito side but maybe?? Thinking bout flying out to see from Warf in San Fran should be nice.:)

Before you buy that ticket, be sure you're talking about the right bridge. They just started the multi-million dollar light show on the Bay Bridge a couple days ago. It's scheduled for 2 years but they are already talking about keeping it longer since all the cash is in the up front cost. Runs about $17 per night to keep it all lit up. Haven't heard anything about the G Gate being lit up though.

ezra

He prob meant the Bay bridge I was just assuming the GG Because the bay is just a ugly pos.
I was living out there when sections of that thing fell.never liked driving on lower deck and the fresh cement sections were a reminder.
I have a Idea our state is broke we are in the hole deep our people are scurrying like rats to neighboring states to try to rune them next.
what should we do yeah that's the ticket we will spend millions to hang Christmas lights on a toll bridge.Nevada and Arizona cant become ocean fr property soon enough

whitedust

Before you buy that ticket, be sure you're talking about the right bridge. They just started the multi-million dollar light show on the Bay Bridge a couple days ago. It's scheduled for 2 years but they are already talking about keeping it longer since all the cash is in the up front cost. Runs about $17 per night to keep it all lit up. Haven't heard anything about the G Gate being lit up though.

Midwest TV news reporters have no idea which bridge! lol. Wife & I ran the the DVR back & saying new light show is on the Golden Gate Bridge. Sometimes you need to check these things out for ones self. lol I do agree with Ezra bay bridge not very exciting bridge compared to GG but it is the bay bridge with new light show. http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=resources/traffic&id=9014311

ezra

is the golden gate still not a private owned bridge?
they prob dont want a bunch of crap to have to work around with the non stop blasting and painting

whitedust

We like San Fran area super nice in Saualito not much use for Oakland & there is the ever popular San Quentin up the road by the toll bridge.lol

eagle1

Git r done! :D

No sign of spring yet. Next week overnight lows in single digits. Ice out long ways out yet!

polarisrider1

Git r done! :D

No sign of spring yet. Next week overnight lows in single digits. Ice out long ways out yet!

Had to order another qt. Of Micron Extra. West marine paint was a different shade of black. Had to chew out the detailer for slacking. Darn boats.

miked

Sold the old boat last weekend...kinda sad watching it drive away after seven years. Now I'm trying for the ultra-rare motorsports double: sledding this weekend up in Michigan, and boating the next weekend on my new ride down in Florida!

polarisrider1

Detailer is done and new black and gold SeaRay stripes down the sides, bottom paint finished today (ya I am a slacker), new canvas on front half of radar arch with new strataglass windows. Boat is looking new!! 55 degrees and sunshine, Marina locked up tighter then a drum and changed gate codes. Managements reminder of who thinks they are in charge. Move in date is April 15th but I slide in as early as I can!

gogebictodd

B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand !!!!

I hear I there! My 03 glastron 4.3 volvo has a cracked block. Taking her in when snow melts in da up. 2k cost quoted to fix. Hope it is not much more! Pull motor ,starter, fly wheel, weld up block, still pissed bout it, happened last August.

polarisrider1

I hear I there! My 03 glastron 4.3 volvo has a cracked block. Taking her in when snow melts in da up. 2k cost quoted to fix. Hope it is not much more! Pull motor ,starter, fly wheel, weld up block, still pissed bout it, happened last August.

aluminum or cast iron block? welding cast always scares me.

polarisrider1

check these guys out before you weld www.dougrussell.com new volvos 4.3 $3495 complete. rebuilds starting at $2495 Brand new Volvo Penta 4.3 is $4995 but they pay cash for your motor. or www.CVTech-AAB.com in Franklin, WI 866-802-2404. or TCM Engines 512-462-3516 they do not require an exchange.

With Doug Russell Marine mention promo code EDBTZ for free ground frieght.

Last edited:

gogebictodd

Todd,

I second the idea of a short block or a rebuild. Welding a cast block is very questionable.

Hi Scott, I appreciate the feedback. Should be noted that the block portion that is cracked, is located on a far
corner(a piece around 1 inch in diameter cracked off) where the starter bolts into the block. I will discuss it in more detail with the mechanic, before I bring it in. Bergland Snowmobile and Marine.