2015 Boat Season

ezra

my tail got it unwrapped this weekend .
I am real close to giving up boats .25yrs of them sick of it . just got to convince the wife that is the hard part. hard not to love boats when all u have to do is put on a swim suit and walk down to the dock

polarisrider1

my tail got it unwrapped this weekend .
I am real close to giving up boats .25yrs of them sick of it . just got to convince the wife that is the hard part. hard not to love boats when all u have to do is put on a swim suit and walk down to the dock

It scares me how much we have in common. I will give the boat away to the first person willing to take the payment book. ZERO down.

polarisrider1

Amazing how dead it is at the Marina. Spent last 2 nights out there. Still more boats in parking lot then in water. Just came home tonight.

polarisrider1

Boats are just big holes in the water to throw money into. Or BOAT acronym Break Out Another Thousand

Blablabla. Lol. And snowmobiling isn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Boats are just big holes in the water to throw money into. Or BOAT acronym Break Out Another Thousand

What's money for? Can't take it with you. I find golf insanely stupid. Hit a ball, curse, throw a club, wander around in a pasture in search of a little white ball. ????? I am lost on that one. Oh and tell everyone that you golf for fun and don't take ir serious. ?????

- - - Updated - - -

A grand is getting off cheap. Cost me that to fill both tanks. New camper top is going to cost me the same as a 10' r&r clam shell, upside the canvas will last longer then an r&r.

sweeperguy

Blablabla.

What's money for? Can't take it with you. I find golf insanely stupid. Hit a ball, curse, throw a club, wander around in a pasture in search of a little white ball. ????? I am lost on that one. Oh and tell everyone that you golf for fun and don't take ir serious. ?????

Never got that golf thing. Trying to hit a little ball into a little hole that's what like 2-300 yards away. And that's suppose to be relaxing, would make me crazy, blood pressure would go sky high. The thing I could do is the 19th hole. Buzzing around on those golf carts could be okay too.

frnash

… What's money for? Can't take it with you. …
Amen to that, Wayne!
I had a fairly rewarding 40+ year career in digital computers dating from 1958-1959(!), most as a software engineer.

Perhaps you have seen those bumper stickers that say:
I spent my kids' inheritance!
Well, I did that! ;)

Twenty plus years as pilot and aircraft owner, that wasn't cheap. (And you thought snowmobiles were expensive?) It made for a great change of pace from 16 hour days cranking out Operating System software — in machine language code — for mainframe computers. I'm sure you snowmobile jockeys understand that "change of pace" concept.

Not to brag, but just to point out that I could have saved all that loot for my retirement. But I didn't, and now that I'm retired, and I'm dealing with a variety of health issues, having had two heart attacks, one cardiac arrest, etc, etc. I'm just damn glad I did all that when I did, instead of waiting until retirement. If I had done that, it never would have happened at all!

Oh sure, I'd love to own even a piece of a (click →) Cirrus SR22 today (Drool!), and spend my retirement years flying around the country. Too bad, at upwards of $500,000 a pop — see the (click →) US Price List (PDF format), plus operating costs — that ain't gonna happen, never mind my health issues. But at least I did have 20+ years, with my own Piper Cherokee 180 (PA28-180C) and other rental aircraft!

"What's money for? Can't take it with you!" :cool:

polarisrider1

Amen to that, Wayne!
I had a fairly rewarding 40+ year career in digital computers dating from 1958-1959(!), most as a software engineer.

Perhaps you have seen those bumper stickers that say: Well, I did that! ;)

Twenty plus years as pilot and aircraft owner, that wasn't cheap. (And you thought snowmobiles were expensive?) It made for a great change of pace from 16 hour days cranking out Operating System software — in machine language code — for mainframe computers. I'm sure you snowmobile jockeys understand that "change of pace" concept.

Not to brag, but just to point out that I could have saved all that loot for my retirement. But I didn't, and now that I'm retired, and I'm dealing with a variety of health issues, having had two heart attacks, one cardiac arrest, etc, etc. I'm just damn glad I did all that when I did, instead of waiting until retirement. If I had done that, it never would have happened at all!

Oh sure, I'd love to own even a piece of a (click →) Cirrus SR22 today (Drool!), and spend my retirement years flying around the country. Too bad, at upwards of $500,000 a pop — see the (click →) US Price List (PDF format), plus operating costs — that ain't gonna happen, never mind my health issues. But at least I did have 20+ years, with my own Piper Cherokee 180 (PA28-180C) and other rental aircraft!

"What's money for? Can't take it with you!" :cool:

Frank, I knew there was a reason I like you! This round of "good economy" I am going to stack up a little pile of green just in case. Earning 7% on it. Not much but not bad. I do enjoy sitting on the boat, and actually driving it now the cash is once again flowing. Tonight I am dog watching. 3 of them sacked out in the cockpit.

ezra

yeah the flying addiction is crazy expensive.
man my buds who fly make my buds who live for chit like 200+ club in the TX mile look cheep.