2015 Boat Season

polarisrider1

Doing the whole loop? isn't 3-4 months doing it pretty quick?

Yes, talked to others who have done it. 6 months minimum and $60 grand. A past Commodore friend of mine is taking a year. I'm not sure how I can pull off 6 months. I'm working again. I'm going to push it out 5 years. Looked at a Albin trawler yesterday, to small. Looking for a 31 ranger, 32 Nordic or a small grand banks. No flybridge. Want it to fit in the Erie canal. Limited bridge heights. Want diesel engine and genny. Closed loop cooling. Momma wants a large fridge.

polarisrider1

The guy who bought my boat will take possession Aug.1.
I just put 180 gallons of premium in it. He said, "Go out and burn it up, leave me a quarter tank" . So tomorrow I am off like a Prom dress!! No plan. But burn gas is my mission. Invited a boat load for a boat ride. The buyer is way cool.

just_ride

The guy who bought my boat will take possession Aug.1.
I just put 180 gallons of premium in it. He said, "Go out and burn it up, leave me a quarter tank" . So tomorrow I am off like a Prom dress!! No plan. But burn gas is my mission. Invited a boat load for a boat ride. The buyer is way cool.
what? we sold the boat? now what are we going to spend the money on?
there goes the 2015 boat season?:p

polarisrider1

Still got a couple weeks. New guy doing sea trial Tomorrow. He is moving up big time. Got to teach him how to work radar, gps, chart plotter, heat, air, etc. Etc. How to drive twin V-drive. Easypeasy.

ezra

well it is aug and my chris is still just out there like a expensive dock ornament. been out 2 times the time I put it in the lake and fathers day . total of 4 hrs and they say sleds are a wast of cash

polarisrider1

Yacht or not. Still got the boat until Tuesday. The post office lost my documentation. Reapplied, takes 2 weeks minimum and $85 to redo. Mean time I bought a trolling motor for my new 2 year old bass boat.

indy_500

well it is aug and my chris is still just out there like a expensive dock ornament. been out 2 times the time I put it in the lake and fathers day . total of 4 hrs and they say sleds are a wast of cash
Everybody tells me the same thing. Yet they take their wheeler/bike out a half dozen times at the beginning of summer, burn a few gallons through it and put it away till next year. I'll stick to sleds.

eagle1

Come on ez only 4/hrs.!?......tell moma she needs to let you out more. Lol

Think I'm up to 16hrs but yea between work and weather tough to get out a lot.
Had a good long run few Saturdays ago, even filled up before gas went up!

ezra

Everybody tells me the same thing. Yet they take their wheeler/bike out a half dozen times at the beginning of summer, burn a few gallons through it and put it away till next year. I'll stick to sleds.
don't get me started on my banshee that has not been run for 2 yrs. oh well the chit is all free and clear and there if I want to use it some day .at least the quads only take up about 6x4 of storage the boats what 10x30

yeah mama is the only reason I still own a boat. this summer I have been spending all my free time building a new front porch on the house . getting prepped for when I get old and need some place to rock and watch life pass me by. I need to learn to widdel between now and then

polarisrider1

don't get me started on my banshee that has not been run for 2 yrs. oh well the chit is all free and clear and there if I want to use it some day .at least the quads only take up about 6x4 of storage the boats what 10x30

yeah mama is the only reason I still own a boat. this summer I have been spending all my free time building a new front porch on the house . getting prepped for when I get old and need some place to rock and watch life pass me by. I need to learn to widdel between now and then

Ezra, we are way to much the same....minus the weed.

polarisrider1

I am currently with out a lake Michigan boat. Sold to one of the head honchos that is in charge of highway paving in Michigan. Yes think of me when you see orange barrels. Motor home next? Toy hauler?

megan600

Plenty of sunshine and fun to be had on the water this year. Amazed at how good the weekends weather has held up around here. IMG_4743.jpg IMG_4783.jpg IMG_5177.jpg IMG_5178.jpg