2022 Yamaha models released March 9th

xsledder

While I wish it wasn't to be, and I hope Yamaha will prove me wrong on 3-9, I believe we are heading into an era of three manufacturers. BRP, Polaris and a Textron/Yamaha collaboration for the foreseeable future. Not that the Textron/Yamaha collaboration will be a bad thing.

And yes, thanks to Yamaha Cat now has power steering.

dfattack

I'm paraphrasing here, but the comment about apex owners who have been holding on to their sled waiting for something that interests them caught my attention. I'm glad they acknowledged that. I think there are many like myself who have been waiting. I bought my first Doo in a long time this year and don't have any miles on yet and am actually impressed so far with what I see. I say this because if there were any pure bred Yamaha's available that interested me I probably would have gone that route but there aren't. Not that DOO is 2nd best in my eye, but the features and reliability have been important to me. DOO's features are impressive and love the rear suspension and LinQ system. I rode Whitedust's enduro when he first bought it and was super impressed with the ride. I think I made a good choice in DOO and won't look back if Yamaha never makes a sled that appeals to me.

whitedust

I liked the Sidewinder but always wondered why no eps? I thought Yamaha was keeping that for a pure Japanese built sled. I can’t get thru the link posted here to see what’s up but if eps is back that is very encouraging. I wonder if it is an option or a new model? Whatever is coming I’ll test ride at Pats see what the AC / Yamaha collaboration has done with my beloved eps.

old abe

I'm paraphrasing here, but the comment about apex owners who have been holding on to their sled waiting for something that interests them caught my attention. I'm glad they acknowledged that. I think there are many like myself who have been waiting. I bought my first Doo in a long time this year and don't have any miles on yet and am actually impressed so far with what I see. I say this because if there were any pure bred Yamaha's available that interested me I probably would have gone that route but there aren't. Not that DOO is 2nd best in my eye, but the features and reliability have been important to me. DOO's features are impressive and love the rear suspension and LinQ system. I rode Whitedust's enduro when he first bought it and was super impressed with the ride. I think I made a good choice in DOO and won't look back if Yamaha never makes a sled that appeals to me.

I can relate to you're waiting for the "All new, All Yamaha" snowmobile, that was not ever to be! I too waited for that to happen. However I gave up as the yearly repeated BS was made out to be just that, Absolute BS! We were absolutely, repeatedly, and intentionally LIED to! Such as there was never any such "All New, All Yamaha" thing ever to be coming. Most now days, look at Yamaha snowmobiles, as a "disingenuous branded" A/C snowmobile. A far cry from when Yamaha was a very prominent genuine brand snowmobile manufacturer. Sad, but so it is! Good luck to you, and your Doo! Seems as Doo's rock solid 4 stroke snowmobiles got a large portion of previous Yami riders.

dfattack

I can relate to you're waiting for the "All new, All Yamaha" snowmobile, that was not ever to be! I too waited for that to happen. However I gave up as the yearly repeated BS was made out to be just that, Absolute BS! We were absolutely, repeatedly, and intentionally LIED to! Such as there was never any such "All New, All Yamaha" thing ever to be coming. Most now days, look at Yamaha snowmobiles, as a "disingenuous branded" A/C snowmobile. A far cry from when Yamaha was a very prominent genuine brand snowmobile manufacturer. Sad, but so it is! Good luck to you, and your Doo! Seems as Doo's rock solid 4 stroke snowmobiles got a large portion of previous Yami riders.

I bought a 850 XRS Renegade...we will see

Cirrus

A. I'm not sure why any serious (intelligent) rider cares about this
B. Can't understand how their dealers stay in business
C. We aren't headed for 3 dealers, without AC being one of them

kip

Sorry they keep disappointing you Abe. Yamaha does have their hands on a lot of what Cat is doing. Cat is going nowhere they assured us of that. Yamaha hasn't lied, maybe the speculators have. Right now Yamaha is making money with the venture. I'm glad we still have product with their name and with the best damn warranty out there bar-none! Yes, it's said powersteering is coming on the Winder and it will certainly be a big deal for those who have been asking for it.

snobuilder

Sorry they keep disappointing you Abe. Yamaha does have their hands on a lot of what Cat is doing. Cat is going nowhere they assured us of that. Yamaha hasn't lied, maybe the speculators have. Right now Yamaha is making money with the venture. I'm glad we still have product with their name and with the best damn warranty out there bar-none! Yes, it's said powersteering is coming on the Winder and it will certainly be a big deal for those who have been asking for it.

Agree 100% about the "speculation "...website chatter that was misunderstood as coming from Yamaha corp.
They claimed new and exciting but never pure Yamaha.

Tracker

I don't want to bring you dudes down but I used to b a diehard yamahaha man....I can tell you this...there is a good reason they chose CAT chassis above all other manus...they are sturdy...easy to repair....tight steering with long tracks even...bolted not riveted....rail don't push...adjustability is more than other brands....shear off an a-arm bolt on another with no damage to mounting holes or alignment....and more than this too....knock CAT all you Want but they reign supreme....I own polarious....yami....and skidoo....work on them all except cat ....it is what it is

whitedust

What took so long with the Cat/Yamaha collaboration to finally incorporate eps? User base wanted eps from the get go and aftermarket eps was cleaning up on Sidewinders. Seems very late in the game for eps and could have saved many from diverting to doo4s. I’m glad it’s happening but I think the horse has already left the barn. Oh well better late than never and makes me think the Cat / Yamaha relationship is here to stay

whitedust

Doo has EPS?

Never said doo had eps but much lighter to steer than Sidewinder with TS skis. You really want to get into the weight discussion Yamaha vs Doo? Yamaha is the heaviest 4s currently and hopefully tuner skis aren’t being used. 2022 specs unknown for any OEM but common sense eps adds weight.

cmharcou

I sold my yamacat hated it, bought it new let my buddy ride my aoex. 2 days later buddy was riding my new yamacat and i was back on my apex. true story!  eps will really help though but not impressed with chassis yet.

old abe

Agree 100% about the "speculation "...website chatter that was misunderstood as coming from Yamaha corp.
They claimed new and exciting but never pure Yamaha.

Not by website chatter, or internet BS. Yes I was aware of all the talk BS on some kind of "new Yamaha" of many different views. However I was lead to believe this by supposedly Yamaha personal. Yeah, well, Sales/Promotional people probably are not the most forth right, and honest, eh? Misleading exaggerations perhaps? However I was inquiring on a possible 120hp, "lighter weight all Yamaha 4 stroke"? New, fresh designed, all new Yamaha is in the works, and coming, is how I was informed. No specs where elaborated on. This was years before the Yama/Cat was in the works. They were all smiles on this. Their heavy weight, and old "sit down" sleds, I had no interest in what so ever. My mindset was if anyone could do this, it's Yamaha. I buried myself with the "could" thought. I should have implied the "would" thought? You need not apologize Kip.

kip

I understand old abe and true Yamaha guys want true Yamaha sleds, trust me I get it!!! LOL! I guess Tracker said it, it is what it is right now and if they're profitable then I guess we might be tied to Cat. Believe it or not, it has it's place and many people love them because they're more rider forward than the Apex or Vector. Ski Doo makes a great sled, they all do really. That being said, I can tell you I've taken many Poo's and Doo's on trade for the Sidewinder, not just for the power either. Many have bought because they like the steering and how planted it is. Everyone has different wants and riding technique which is what makes all the manny's and sledding so great! Powersteering will make it even better no doubt. Pete, remember, the Apex didn't have power steering for 5 model years either. My guess is with Covid Yamaha figured they wouldn't be able to produce enough if EPS was released. Just a guess, not saying I'm right on that. I personally think they're leaking it as a front. I think there's more to come from Yamaha. Maybe a crossover 2 stroke? Not sure but I don't think they would leak this without something else in the mix!