2023 Yamaha Snowmobiles?

snobuilder

Hmmm? Perhaps, why then don't AC "sales" numbers, volumes show that, eh? I do agree totally with you on a below 12K 7000/Viper!
Herd mentality. C 19 taught us anything it is that ppl are more sheep than human.

Fine example.... if 3 boats are fishing close together, soon it will be 12 because the next 9 think everyone there is catching fish.

In another tangent, Doo catches fish.

As far as AC goes, I was a sheep believing all of the negative internet comments but I had the op to ride the OLD procross this season and last. I think of the 3 high CG chassis manufacturers the Cat is a great one.

katden4

I agree cat has a great chassis, and i have been loyal almost to a fault, customer all the way back to early 80s. The big problem I have with them is everything that has come out new from them over the last couple years, alpha, blast, riot, are all cat products. None of them came under Textron engineering. Textron has made cuts in every dept, and let all the long term people who built that brand over the the last 40 years or so go. They are running a very lean company right now, including the race dept. with all that being said, they still build a very good and competitive product, at least snowmobile. The dirt side is stagnant completely. Textron has shown all of us they run a company different than the competition, time very soon will show if their way of doing things is correct. I am purchasing my last Cat now, unless they start doing something different from what I have seen from the time they took it over. I still see a lot of Arctic Cats on the trails, and all the back log of carry overs are now gone, almost 18,000 non current from jamming product down the throats of dealers. All cleaned up, fresh management, clean slate for them to work with. Now is the time, don’t tell us what your going to do, show us!

big question I have, and maybe one of you know. How many cats are built, and how many Yamaha each year?

bayfly

Hmmm? Perhaps, why then don't AC "sales" numbers, volumes show that, eh? I do agree totally with you on a below 12K 7000/Viper!
Where does one get access to each of the brands’ annual sales and/or production numbers?

bayfly

I agree cat has a great chassis, and i have been loyal almost to a fault, customer all the way back to early 80s. The big problem I have with them is everything that has come out new from them over the last couple years, alpha, blast, riot, are all cat products. None of them came under Textron engineering. Textron has made cuts in every dept, and let all the long term people who built that brand over the the last 40 years or so go. They are running a very lean company right now, including the race dept. with all that being said, they still build a very good and competitive product, at least snowmobile. The dirt side is stagnant completely. Textron has shown all of us they run a company different than the competition, time very soon will show if their way of doing things is correct. I am purchasing my last Cat now, unless they start doing something different from what I have seen from the time they took it over. I still see a lot of Arctic Cats on the trails, and all the back log of carry overs are now gone, almost 18,000 non current from jamming product down the throats of dealers. All cleaned up, fresh management, clean slate for them to work with. Now is the time, don’t tell us what your going to do, show us!

big question I have, and maybe one of you know. How many cats are built, and how many Yamaha each year?
Perhaps your definition of dirt is only the UTV segment, but I bought the NEW Cat 600 ATV this year and absolutely love it. I had ridden the comparable Polaris model and the Cat is by far superior in my view. I am probably just searching hard for a glimmer of hope . . .

whitedust

1049 Yamaha 4s is definitely coming back in the AC 7000. I’m not clear what this will do to Viper sales or if Yamaha cares since their engine? I know AC fans liked the 7000 a lot didn’t like losing as a AC product. Ac delaying 2023 production until until all 2022s are out the door. All snow tech info.

xsledder

1049 Yamaha 4s is definitely coming back in the AC 7000. I’m not clear what this will do to Viper sales or if Yamaha cares since their engine? I know AC fans liked the 7000 a lot didn’t like losing as a AC product. Ac delaying 2023 production until until all 2022s are out the door. All snow tech info.
I am not arguing with you whether there will be an AC 7000 in 2023 our not. However, Kale, who runs Arctic Insider, says there definitely will not be a 7000 in 2023. He says there is an old picture showing an orange 7000, but the sled has been pulled from the lineup just before the rags published the picture. So, you say there will be and Arctic Insider says there won't be a 7000 for 2023, who is right? And, why would you know more than Kale with Arctic Insider?

katden4

Perhaps your definition of dirt is only the UTV segment, but I bought the NEW Cat 600 ATV this year and absolutely love it. I had ridden the comparable Polaris model and the Cat is by far superior in my view. I am probably just searching hard for a glimmer of hope . . .
I am really happy you bought and like the new 600. they build a great, strong reliable product. One new 4 wheeler is not going to bring them even close to having a line of product. I have had some great 4 wheelers from cat, and currently have the 2019 havoc x, and love it. It now has over 5000 miles and time to trade for new. They have nothing right now that fits my needs, or even close. Many of my Cat friends and loyal for years have jumped to another brand just for the simple lack of a 4 seater. I also still am grasping a glimmer of hope, but not much left I have to be honest.

whitedust

I am not arguing with you whether there will be an AC 7000 in 2023 our not. However, Kale, who runs Arctic Insider, says there definitely will not be a 7000 in 2023. He says there is an old picture showing an orange 7000, but the sled has been pulled from the lineup just before the rags published the picture. So, you say there will be and Arctic Insider says there won't be a 7000 for 2023, who is right? And, why would you know more than Kale with Arctic Insider?
Just commenting on what I read no way to know if article is accurate or not and I said snow tech info. If Yamaha has a 2023 Viper and AC does not who cares buy Yamaha not much difference that we know at this time 7000 or Viper. I have no horse in the race could careless what actually happens just sharing info. AC had severe supply shortages last year now making 200s for other OEMs they’re in deep poo poo to keep manufacturing commitments imo. Yamaha got the short end of the stick for 2022 builds who knows what will happen for 2023s?

old abe

Herd mentality. C 19 taught us anything it is that ppl are more sheep than human.

Fine example.... if 3 boats are fishing close together, soon it will be 12 because the next 9 think everyone there is catching fish.

In another tangent, Doo catches fish.

As far as AC goes, I was a sheep believing all of the negative internet comments but I had the op to ride the OLD procross this season and last. I think of the 3 high CG chassis manufacturers the Cat is a great one.
I have nothing against the AC sleds snobuilder. AC has always produced great sleds. I have nothing but absolute respect for the likes of Roger Skime, and the rest of the AC guys who really made AC a leader in many ways over many years. A very innovating bunch of guys through out all the years. But all of those guys are long gone. Some on their own, others let go. They, AC, have had the most loyal sled owners, riders, in the industry. Bar none! I very well closly know a family who has been AC loyal for over 55 years. However, the AC management has ALWAYS been the problem! Just plain piss poor, horrible management. Times before, and now too! How many times haven't they encountered business failure, or bankruptcy? And only to somehow rise again from the ash heap? Textron had better get their act together now, as time is running out fast in imo. I had high hopes for Textron/AC. As I thought they could really be a force to recon with once again. But I also remember when Textron all but completely ruined Polaris. I surely hope that AC will somehow have a successful future. But, Doo, and Poo, as of now, have a very, very, large lead in the game.

attakman

That's just a sad offering by Cat /Yamaha....nothing new...nothing exciting...feel bad for their dealers/customer's....this is not good for our sport in general.....I love the cat apologists who say "this chassis works", and "they redesigned it in 2018", "Totally different"...apparently taller spindles, and suspension tweaks equals new chassis/new sled.....REALLY CAT GUYS?? REALLY? You don't want something new and exciting?

whitedust

Saw yamaha released 23's today and several models sold out for spring order in hours. Crazy.
How does that happen are available units that limited? How do Yamaha dealers make a living seems more like an internet sale all the dealer does is dispatch the unit after prep? Definitely won’t be an over stock of Yamaha snowmobilers in the foreseeable future.

ICT Sledder

I think if the procross chassis had a new rear skid/suspension put underneath it, a gauge package comparable to the Poo (or now this year Doo), and a refreshed set of bodywork, then Cat/Yamaha would be sitting just fine.

The procross chassis really is a solid setup, and is generally attractive (but that is subjective).

A new gen can always turn out poorly. Just look at when Cat replaced the Firecat with the Barney F-Series. Dear lord that was a painful "evolution".

whitedust

I think if the procross chassis had a new rear skid/suspension put underneath it, a gauge package comparable to the Poo (or now this year Doo), and a refreshed set of bodywork, then Cat/Yamaha would be sitting just fine.

The procross chassis really is a solid setup, and is generally attractive (but that is subjective).

A new gen can always turn out poorly. Just look at when Cat replaced the Firecat with the Barney F-Series. Dear lord that was a painful "evolution".
Always a time to move on with improvements can’t stand still forever. 2nd year sled always better.